Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

  • Are we getting a new year present, or?

    jwugug1n7ak3.png
  • Latest Old Republic event is ****, I've got high level OR and they just don't compete vs Jedi Rey with Heroic finn/poe, C3PO, and holdo.
  • Eb0nHawk wrote: »
    Latest Old Republic event is ****, I've got high level OR and they just don't compete vs Jedi Rey with Heroic finn/poe, C3PO, and holdo.

    By "high level" do you mean relic level? If not, that's why. The highest tier opponents are relic level - if you're not, that might have something to do with it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Managed to scrape through T5:
    zjbigmy2cpb1.png
  • Eb0nHawk wrote: »
    Latest Old Republic event is ****, I've got high level OR and they just don't compete vs Jedi Rey with Heroic finn/poe, C3PO, and holdo.

    Eh, I beat it with r5 revan, r5 jolee, g12 bastilla, g12 juhanni, g12 zalbaar. Wasn't really all that bad.
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Was a tough one but i only had one relic OR. Got 2* at t7 with

    r3 jkr, g12 jolee, g11 ****, g11 juhani, g11 t3
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    rokota wrote: »
    Was a tough one but i only had one relic OR. Got 2* at t7 with

    r3 jkr, g12 jolee, g11 ****, g11 juhani, g11 t3

    Wow. Juhani? for the dispell?

    I cleared T6 with the more useful in GA Mission/Zaalbar, but might have to mod and try T3 and Juhani for the dispels on T7. The RHeros are really tough, even with my R7 JKR R4 Jolee
  • rokota wrote: »
    Was a tough one but i only had one relic OR. Got 2* at t7 with

    r3 jkr, g12 jolee, g11 ****, g11 juhani, g11 t3

    Wow. Juhani? for the dispell?

    I cleared T6 with the more useful in GA Mission/Zaalbar, but might have to mod and try T3 and Juhani for the dispels on T7. The RHeros are really tough, even with my R7 JKR R4 Jolee

    I didn't really think about how useful juhanni was, she was just OR and jedi, so she boosts revan lead more and was revivable unlike the other choices.

    I just focused down finn, killed him, then killed poe. If jolee didn't have middle up or need to revive i used event special to clear burns.
  • rokota wrote: »
    Was a tough one but i only had one relic OR. Got 2* at t7 with

    r3 jkr, g12 jolee, g11 ****, g11 juhani, g11 t3

    Thanks. I would have never thought that taking out well modded G12 Mission and Big Z for GX/GXI Juhani and T3 with super sus mods would have allowed me to beat T7 with everyone standing (Juhani revived once).

    I suppose that's why some of these GCs are actually well and thoughtfully designed. You win this round CG.... *shakes fist at clouds*
  • Cand makes life much easier
  • I'm getting g12 toons taken out without time to act. They're not being one-shotted, but when the enemy gets their first moves, the TM swap + the resulting bonus action of the next turn (always RH Poe) will take out a g12 character. with no opportunity to do anything in between.

    ...and this is on T5.

    So how is it that I'm supposed to beat this again? Just do it over & over waiting for RNG where they don't crit their way through my entire squad in the first 10 turns? Tried the Carth lead, but there's no time for the healing. Tried relic Revan lead, that doesn't work either.

    Honestly, I believe y'all that you beat it with whatever teams, but what's the actual strategy? Is there any other than praying for RNG to protect you from damage?
  • I'm getting g12 toons taken out without time to act. They're not being one-shotted, but when the enemy gets their first moves, the TM swap + the resulting bonus action of the next turn (always RH Poe) will take out a g12 character. with no opportunity to do anything in between.

    ...and this is on T5.

    So how is it that I'm supposed to beat this again? Just do it over & over waiting for RNG where they don't crit their way through my entire squad in the first 10 turns? Tried the Carth lead, but there's no time for the healing. Tried relic Revan lead, that doesn't work either.

    Honestly, I believe y'all that you beat it with whatever teams, but what's the actual strategy? Is there any other than praying for RNG to protect you from damage?

    I focused down HFinn first (mainly to stop the extra turn you are correct on being a pain). If I landed the JKR stun and ability blocked him, I'd blind Poe. Then, after finishing off HFinn, focused Poe. Honestly, I barely had to touch Rey, because of all the stacks on burning she had. I used JKR lead, Bastila, Jolee, Zalbar and Mission for T7. (JKR and Jolee are both R3 - otherwise the rest are g12+
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Vendi1983
    5016 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Canderous is mental. I had 27 DoTs on HFinn at one point. Trying him in place of Zaalbar on T6.

    I beat T5 once earlier today but can't figure out a way to beat T6 with the same exact team I used on 5. Oh well. Keep trying different low gear combos
  • Boom: T6 done.

    cc6zfzqzicnf.png

    xfrcsk9r9rvz.png

    Almost no speed on Canderous. I threw my B2 all potency and protection set on. Focus on HPoe first on the winning attempt. Completely ignored everyone else. The DoTs spread as he attacks so he just machine guns one character and then they all die when they take a turn except JTR.

  • Hah. Duh...

    Work smart not hard:

    "Mandalorian Veteran

    ...Whenever Canderous deals damage to an enemy, he inflicts a Damage Over Time effect for 2 turns."

    Then the event modifier causes him to damage everyone with True Damage when he attacks.
  • I got T7 it with R5 JKR, G12 Basti, G12 Jolee, G12 Zaalbar and G12 Canderous. But after 34 tries :disappointed: Canderous and patience is the key ;)

    https://youtu.be/Xb_t_7JA8fA
  • I enjoyed this one. Felt like the right mix of achievable and RNG.

    Managed all the OR feats with JKR, Bastila, Jolee, Canderous and Juhani.

    JKR, Jolee r2, the rest g12
  • My Canderous is gear lvl 7 and total speed 135 and health+protection roughly 30000 so basically slow as molasses and can’t survive one hit. Managed to finish t7 with 10 retries. JKR is relic, jolee bastilla & zaalbar (my Juhani was too squishy) are gear lvl 12.
  • Finally managed T7 without changing anything. Took about 50+ attempts. Definitely a challenge without at least G12 on them.
  • Ultra
    11370 posts Moderator
    > More GC per week
    > Rancor Raid Challenge Tier

    Dang, CG is ending 2020 in a very strong note
  • Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    > More GC per week
    > Rancor Raid Challenge Tier

    Dang, CG is ending 2020 in a very strong note

    You are assuming they don't nerf the rewards. Why did we need the challenge box system?

    "These Reward Crates roughly match what you would have earned for completing the original tiers, but with their prizes focused into compelling loot."

    So we are getting (cg) -roughly- 2x the rewards per week.
  • HK22
    643 posts Member
    I'm cautiously optimistic about these new changes. I do like the idea of events running twice a week. Not a huge fan of the rewards being changed to end of the event. My caution is regarding the rewards themselves. They mentioned the rewards would be near what the original payout was, but now we have "compelling" rewards. What exactly constitutes "compelling"? It would be nice if we had more pictures of the new gear boxes to learn the answer to that question.
  • Fatal
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm hoping we can return to 3 a week instead of 2, but 2 is a start.

    The rewards being end of the event does drain a bit of excitement out of Galactic Challenges, though. I know there's functionally no difference but it probably means I'll just procrastinate the event until it's about to close instead of rushing to do it the moment it was available.

    And please avoid bringing back the gear tiered feats. It completely kills interest in the event to know it's themed for a faction you haven't worked on (and have no reason to).
  • HK22 wrote: »
    I'm cautiously optimistic about these new changes. I do like the idea of events running twice a week. Not a huge fan of the rewards being changed to end of the event. My caution is regarding the rewards themselves. They mentioned the rewards would be near what the original payout was, but now we have "compelling" rewards. What exactly constitutes "compelling"? It would be nice if we had more pictures of the new gear boxes to learn the answer to that question.

    I'm taking a guess; originally you could ignore some of the feats as they are merely giving out some extra gear which doesn't matter towards the real juice (new mod mats). Now since everything contributes into one pool, you better get all that you can at the highest tier you can.
  • HK22
    643 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    I'm cautiously optimistic about these new changes. I do like the idea of events running twice a week. Not a huge fan of the rewards being changed to end of the event. My caution is regarding the rewards themselves. They mentioned the rewards would be near what the original payout was, but now we have "compelling" rewards. What exactly constitutes "compelling"? It would be nice if we had more pictures of the new gear boxes to learn the answer to that question.

    I'm taking a guess; originally you could ignore some of the feats as they are merely giving out some extra gear which doesn't matter towards the real juice (new mod mats). Now since everything contributes into one pool, you better get all that you can at the highest tier you can.

    Which overall could be a benefit to some players depending on how things are weighted. Previously, you might lose out on some good rewards because you couldn't complete a specific series of feats, but now the overall pool of rewards could be better. I have no problem with that if the rewards are about equal to what they were. The uncertainty of the word "compelling" is mainly what I am concerned about.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    I'm cautiously optimistic about these new changes. I do like the idea of events running twice a week. Not a huge fan of the rewards being changed to end of the event. My caution is regarding the rewards themselves. They mentioned the rewards would be near what the original payout was, but now we have "compelling" rewards. What exactly constitutes "compelling"? It would be nice if we had more pictures of the new gear boxes to learn the answer to that question.

    I'm taking a guess; originally you could ignore some of the feats as they are merely giving out some extra gear which doesn't matter towards the real juice (new mod mats). Now since everything contributes into one pool, you better get all that you can at the highest tier you can.

    Which overall could be a benefit to some players depending on how things are weighted. Previously, you might lose out on some good rewards because you couldn't complete a specific series of feats, but now the overall pool of rewards could be better. I have no problem with that if the rewards are about equal to what they were. The uncertainty of the word "compelling" is mainly what I am concerned about.

    Yes, I thought so as well if you are able to semi complete things. Compelling might be the difference between %90 and spamming a hard feat to squezze the last %10 until you get the right conditions in a match. And ofc such a thing will **** many xD.
  • I just hope those screen shots don't mean that they are bringing back the much-maligned "relic requirement" feats. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Just hoping that the graphic showing a gear gated feat is a dated visual that doesn't reflect the actual version we're getting. That would really really decrease the positive aspects of this update
Sign In or Register to comment.