3v3 makes me not want to play my favourite game mode

Prev13
I would have a long winded arguement to but save everyones time ill give a TLDR;
Delete 3s, balance for GL and all new op characters, new maps would be nice, bring stratergy rather than bully kids with our GL on the bottom zone

Ps Galactic challanges are great, its just people auto it with GL. GL's have ruined the game. Change my mind

Replies

  • vincentlondon
    4463 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    I beated last tier without losing any units with just a Padme squad
    So i dont think it has anything to do with gl
  • Kyno
    29904 posts Moderator
    I would have a long winded arguement to but save everyones time ill give a TLDR;
    Delete 3s, balance for GL and all new op characters, new maps would be nice, bring stratergy rather than bully kids with our GL on the bottom zone

    Ps Galactic challanges are great, its just people auto it with GL. GL's have ruined the game. Change my mind

    You seem to have made uo your mind, but I'm sure many can speak their mind too. No need to think anyone is going to change anyone's mind.

    GLs are good for the game, they are a long term goals that allow players to have a great goal at the end of a path of development.

    If it wasnt GLs it would be another thing that is the target of the same argument about GAC, so that is more of a moote point than anything.

    I dont think GCs were ever going to be designed just to be beat, so it doesnt matter if you can auto it. They were touted as a puzzle and for a broad use of our roster. Feats and the modifiers were meant to be the meat of the game mode. (Let's not go onto the delivery in this thread)

    3v3 is a great adaptation to a game mode that would get more stale than it has gotten without this variation. I think it adds a bit of a "puzzle" to the broadly used game play we see everywhere else.
  • How is 5v5 not the same teams over and over? I quit gac months ago because it is the same teams over, and over, and over and if you are missing any meta counters be prepared for last place every time. The rewards have always been complete garbage, for the amount of time you have to spend setting defense, then battling the usual dr, padme, gas, gg, and now gl's. No thank you not worth the frustration or time, not even for "free" rewards for just setting defences. I am progressing just fine without those laughable rewards.
  • Oh no not a dooku or nute variant, just like the same ones in tw defences? Oh what a change from the same old teams. Atleast with tw it's a group effort, that is fun. Tw by your self not so much. I know I have a lot more import things to do than run 3 bracket 1 accounts 🤣
  • TVF
    29510 posts Member
    Rewards aren't complete garbage for me. Then again I win a lot.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ripperpa
    159 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    It's a little boring, I even bloated my roster on purpose, because I hit kyber every time with little effort. Now I have to think more and it's more fun like this.
  • Kyno
    29904 posts Moderator
    Nice input Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol

    We fight different players all the time, and very rarely fight different teams. The most variation we see is when 3v3 rolls around. 5v5 is mostly the same teams and tend to also be the same teams we see in TW.

    Just a though here, but let's say 20% of the community has a GL. And lets say that many people who dont have a GL face a GL.... thats a stretch, but let's go with it. That means 60% of the community dont have any issues at all with what you are saying.

    The 40% who do, dont all have an issue beating a GL even in 3v3, which means there is a larger portion of the community who dont have any issues with GLs than those who do.

    Just because the players who you face dont or cant figure it out doesnt mean there are no players out there doing it, ir enjoying figuring it out. They are not unbeatable.


    I can assure you without a doubt it's not 90/10
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I would have a long winded arguement to but save everyones time ill give a TLDR;
    Delete 3s, balance for GL and all new op characters, new maps would be nice, bring stratergy rather than bully kids with our GL on the bottom zone

    Ps Galactic challanges are great, its just people auto it with GL. GL's have ruined the game. Change my mind

    No need to think anyone is going to change anyone's mind.
    The truest statement I have heard in years, applicable to everything.
  • From my side i have to say, when i play 3vs3 GAC, i'm not on it with my heart, simply because (teams/toons) i might beat on 5vs5 (like GL etc.), i simply can't pass them on 3vs3, and this makes it a lot less exiting.
    On 5vs.5 my heart pounds if it gets close, i sweat (really) and it's really fun, with 3vs3 this doesn't happen, as it is clear to 95% before i do something if i'll have a chance to win or not, and that takes away a lot of fun & exitement in GAC, which is very sad.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • I don't mind 3's to be honest.
  • Oh no not a dooku or nute variant, just like the same ones in tw defences? Oh what a change from the same old teams. Atleast with tw it's a group effort, that is fun. Tw by your self not so much. I know I have a lot more import things to do than run 3 bracket 1 accounts 🤣

    GAC is waaaay better/funnier than TW
  • Billiam
    74 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nice input Kyno. Considering i can just put rey han and chewie with no other teams on def at all and win GAC. says something(i did this, twice). At the moment they are grossly overpowered. 5-600speed? Ok.

    I doubt gac would get stale as you fight a different person and different teams every fight

    Watching streams, hearing stuff from guildies just what i hear in my world is.. no one likes 3v3. Content creators putting discord status' up litterally swearing thats its 3s. Im sure there's a few people sure, but do a poll lol i wouldnt be suprised if 90/10 imo lol

    We fight different players all the time, and very rarely fight different teams. The most variation we see is when 3v3 rolls around. 5v5 is mostly the same teams and tend to also be the same teams we see in TW.

    Just a though here, but let's say 20% of the community has a GL. And lets say that many people who dont have a GL face a GL.... thats a stretch, but let's go with it. That means 60% of the community dont have any issues at all with what you are saying.

    The 40% who do, dont all have an issue beating a GL even in 3v3, which means there is a larger portion of the community who dont have any issues with GLs than those who do.

    Just because the players who you face dont or cant figure it out doesnt mean there are no players out there doing it, ir enjoying figuring it out. They are not unbeatable.


    I can assure you without a doubt it's not 90/10

    Just wanted to chime in to say there's players like me who don't really voice displeasure on forums. I like 3v3 as a game mode because it adds a lot of strategy to an otherwise stagnant game mode. I actually do usually play to win no matter who my opponent is (GL or not), and I can unequivocally say that I hate GLs, still don't plan on chasing one after I get JKL, and they make me despise even playing 3v3 despite winning multiple matches vs GL owners. Winning by points that is, but never a full clear in 3v3 vs Rey owners.

    I win by using strategy against their weaknesses and try to imitate the lower zone roadblock that the GLs represent by inspection of rosters, mods, and available counter teams. And it's a winning strategy.

    But it's not fun. And it's making me feel like tuning out of my favorite game mode and just stopping at aurodium intentionally anytime it's 3v3. And that's because it's going to cost me Kyber this time, despite the fact that I'm winning just as often as before (and I've been hitting Kyber in Div1 with 5.5mil GP nearly every GAC before this one where my win rate has probably determined that I need to be matched against GLs, I assume this with no proof whatsoever.) The reason this is costing me Kyber, is that even on a win, I'm minus 700 or so points at a minimum from not clearing 2 zones, and missing feats connected to the amount of zones cleared, among other feats I miss due to having less wiggle room (ex. can't leave 1 half dead toon to get stormtrooper kills on a 2nd attack if I need every single point to win vs GL owners. Can't get as many one battle wins with 4-5 less available battles per phase, etc.)

    This is because GLs are a road block that allow smarter players to skimp on other defenses so they can guarantee 1 win clears on every other battle by devoting things to offense that I need to use in defense to imitate the road block. The answer is obviously to get a GL, but I'm not going to, so I'm ok with losing those matchups.

    Again, all my choice, and I truly don't even care if every future battle I have to face a GL. But that doesn't mean I think they are good for the game, or that the game is still fun when forced to play against them. They don't incentive me to chase them, they incentive me to tune out and engage less with those game modes than I used to.
  • Blocking squads are not unique to 3v3 or GLs, division 1 players just aren't used to seeing them. They are commonplace in the lower divisions.

    Matchmaking is by division, league and top {x} GP. If you are encountering GLs without having one yourself, that generally means you have a lot of high-relic'd characters which inflate your top {x} GP.
  • Kyno
    29904 posts Moderator
    Im not trying to change anyones mind Kyno just give my personal opinion. I wanted to give feedback and not be toxic at all.

    I despise 3v3 so much that i rarely engage with my favourite game mode and i'm taking time out of my days to post on the forums. I am super passionate about the game and i am allways mega disapointed when i hear that it's 3v3. Disappointment doesn't event begin to describe it. i dont think i feel stronger about anything in the game.

    Community will be outraged we have 2days to farm Darth Malak requirements and ill be eagerly looking at posts to see if they are finally done with 3s. Again just wanted to voice my personal opinion. I didn't mean it to come across like im trying to sway peoples opinion.

    I disagree with we' very rarely fight dif teams' it seems like i am the only person that see's a variety of teams on defence lol. Personally i dont see how a game mode could get stale when we fight a dif person every gac, mods also spice things up (only this rey vs rey stalemate in the bottom zones makes it stale. pet hate)

    I only said that because your OP said:
    ...
    Ps Galactic challanges are great, its just people auto it with GL. GL's have ruined the game. Change my mind

  • Gifafi
    5486 posts Member
    CG, while you're at it, please give op all winnable matches, and up his/her shard drop rate. tyty
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    CG, while you're at it, please give op all winnable matches, and up his/her shard drop rate. tyty

    This forum itself seems to have broken down. I mean how valuable is it when people who express discontent are ridiculed for things they didn't even say.

    Op stated a feeling and why he felt that way. He asked for alternative views to make sure he is considering all angles. Very smart thing to do to gather community knowledge, alternative perspectives, and have a more well rounded view of any circumstances.

    Even Kyno telling him no need to think anyone will change your mind, that's basically saying don't bother posting here.

    Also Kyno your math is a bit off... For what it's worth if 20% of people have GL then everyone has basically a 50% chance of meeting a GL in each week of GAC.

    1 match 1-80%= 20%
    2 matchs 1-(80% x 80%) = 36%
    3 matches 1-(80%x80%x80)= 49%

    Across the whole GAC there is a 93% chance u fight vs a GL.

    12 matches 1-(80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%) = 93%

    So 90/10 may be the actual rate of people (the 80% who don't have a GL) who think that a GL destroys all strategy they had put into the game up to this point - hence being bad for the spirit of the game.

    The math is un disputable if 20% have a GL you got a 93% chance to see a GL over a GAC and about a 50% chance to see a GL each week. That's why players are saying that cg making stuff so overpowered is actually bad for the game.

    If CG would make a meta team that can be beat on 2nd or 3rd attempt that gives an advantage but not a unbeatable advantage that would be perfect. Not my opinion I'm saying this because CG's stated goal is less blowouts and more competition, but then they release GL and it goes against what they said by creating the situation (blowouts) that they wanted to avoid.

  • Ps Galactic challanges are great, its just people auto it with GL. GL's have ruined the game. Change my mind

    GC is not great, at best it is 'meh'. At worst, we effectively traded the last ~year's worth of waiting for it. The rest of what you say here is interchangeable with 'any OP toon' 3v3 became a nightmare when Malak came into play.
    That might not "change your mind" but it points out your position is mostly self defeating as it can have been said about any pre-GL period before it.
    Kyno wrote: »
    I would have a long winded arguement to but save everyones time ill give a TLDR;
    Delete 3s, balance for GL and all new op characters, new maps would be nice, bring stratergy rather than bully kids with our GL on the bottom zone

    Ps Galactic challanges are great, its just people auto it with GL. GL's have ruined the game. Change my mind


    GLs are good for the game,

    No, they're not.
    GLs require you to gear bad toons just to attain them. Toons that aren't even usable to attain the GLs in their respective events. GLs are not good for the game.

    Inb4 that's just like your opinion man
    No, they're measurably worse with requirements designed to frustrate.
  • Kyno
    29904 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Gifafi wrote: »
    CG, while you're at it, please give op all winnable matches, and up his/her shard drop rate. tyty

    This forum itself seems to have broken down. I mean how valuable is it when people who express discontent are ridiculed for things they didn't even say.

    Op stated a feeling and why he felt that way. He asked for alternative views to make sure he is considering all angles. Very smart thing to do to gather community knowledge, alternative perspectives, and have a more well rounded view of any circumstances.

    Even Kyno telling him no need to think anyone will change your mind, that's basically saying don't bother posting here.

    Also Kyno your math is a bit off... For what it's worth if 20% of people have GL then everyone has basically a 50% chance of meeting a GL in each week of GAC.

    1 match 1-80%= 20%
    2 matchs 1-(80% x 80%) = 36%
    3 matches 1-(80%x80%x80)= 49%

    Across the whole GAC there is a 93% chance u fight vs a GL.

    12 matches 1-(80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%) = 93%

    So 90/10 may be the actual rate of people (the 80% who don't have a GL) who think that a GL destroys all strategy they had put into the game up to this point - hence being bad for the spirit of the game.

    The math is un disputable if 20% have a GL you got a 93% chance to see a GL over a GAC and about a 50% chance to see a GL each week. That's why players are saying that cg making stuff so overpowered is actually bad for the game.

    If CG would make a meta team that can be beat on 2nd or 3rd attempt that gives an advantage but not a unbeatable advantage that would be perfect. Not my opinion I'm saying this because CG's stated goal is less blowouts and more competition, but then they release GL and it goes against what they said by creating the situation (blowouts) that they wanted to avoid.

    No my math is fine, for an example. I can assure you that more than 7% of the community have no chance of facing a GL.

    My response is in no way saying dont post here, but asking people to change your mind is not what anyone is going to do, or is even here to do.

    We are all here to express our opinions, which is great. Asking for others opinions is also great, but asking people to change your mind based on a simple statement of what you believe is very unlikely, as we dont know all the details of why anyone thinks what they do.

    Edit to add: there are several layers in you math that I believe are just wrong and throwing off you whole calculation.
    - there are groups that dont have a GL in them, so its mathematical impossible for them to face a GL.
    - one the first round is over, some players win and some lose, which changes the likelihood of them facing a GL.
    - and other situation that would be very hard to calculate, but still it's not 93% by any stretch.

    As I said earlier, I wouldn't expect to change anyone's mind, so that's fine.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Gifafi
    5486 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    CG, while you're at it, please give op all winnable matches, and up his/her shard drop rate. tyty

    This forum itself seems to have broken down. I mean how valuable is it when people who express discontent are ridiculed for things they didn't even say.

    Op stated a feeling and why he felt that way. He asked for alternative views to make sure he is considering all angles. Very smart thing to do to gather community knowledge, alternative perspectives, and have a more well rounded view of any circumstances.

    Even Kyno telling him no need to think anyone will change your mind, that's basically saying don't bother posting here.

    Also Kyno your math is a bit off... For what it's worth if 20% of people have GL then everyone has basically a 50% chance of meeting a GL in each week of GAC.

    1 match 1-80%= 20%
    2 matchs 1-(80% x 80%) = 36%
    3 matches 1-(80%x80%x80)= 49%

    Across the whole GAC there is a 93% chance u fight vs a GL.

    12 matches 1-(80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%x80%) = 93%

    So 90/10 may be the actual rate of people (the 80% who don't have a GL) who think that a GL destroys all strategy they had put into the game up to this point - hence being bad for the spirit of the game.

    The math is un disputable if 20% have a GL you got a 93% chance to see a GL over a GAC and about a 50% chance to see a GL each week. That's why players are saying that cg making stuff so overpowered is actually bad for the game.

    If CG would make a meta team that can be beat on 2nd or 3rd attempt that gives an advantage but not a unbeatable advantage that would be perfect. Not my opinion I'm saying this because CG's stated goal is less blowouts and more competition, but then they release GL and it goes against what they said by creating the situation (blowouts) that they wanted to avoid.

    I didn't ridicule op for something he didn't even say. I was trying to point out the things he wants...aren't a thing. He wants to get rid of one of the only fun things we have (imo, of course), 3v3, bc apparently he doesn't like it and doesn't care that others do.

    Then he wants "GL balance" in GAC, while not understanding that we do have GL balance. If you don't have a GL and are facing them all the time then you relic'd toons you shouldn't have, put on too many zetas you didn't need, and generally overinflated the top of your roster. If you didn't want to face the big boys in GAC you should build your roster accordingly. No one is forcing anyone to make "bad," or at least, incorrect decisions when it comes to creating your own GAC matchmaking. Not to mention he wants "balance" for any new OP character. As in, "give me matchups I can win." The shard drop rate thing was to further my correct point.

    Then he wants new maps. Ok, sure, but that won't address his problem either bc the mean "bullies" will still have GL's against the "kids." I'm not sure what the point of new maps are tbh, so you face groups of 3? or 5? or a bunch of one team zones? W/e, it's irrelevant.

    then he's even upset that people who put in the time and effort to get GL's can auto parts of GC and get the terrible rewards and he apparently can't. How sad, to watch others get rewarded with gear they have thousands of bc they worked on their rosters while OP's r7 Greedo (maybe? idk) can't do it.

    and LOOOOOOOOOL at your math help. I know that OP doesn't understand matchmaking, but apparently neither do you? Taking # of GLs and dividing/multiplying to get odds of facing one looool Where are the crying laughing emojis??

    Oh, I kept reading, you meant "if you have a GL your odds of facing one is very high?" Well, YEAH. That's the point. Doesn't have anything to do with OP's complaint, but yeah.

    If op posts his .gg I'm sure we could see where he went wrong (at least for gac matchmaking).
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • The OP's gripe though has merit under the umbrella of this game's real problem: lack of non-stop AND concurrent GACs for people to only stop playing when are just tired of battling opponents.
  • Gifafi
    5486 posts Member
    The OP's gripe though has merit under the umbrella of this game's real problem: lack of non-stop AND concurrent GACs for people to only stop playing when are just tired of battling opponents.

    I'm all for less gac's (but more rewards) but what does that have to do with op's gripes? also, concurrent gac's?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Lol this guy even BOLD PRINTS the exact problem with the topX system while trying to maintain an actual argument to defend it. Hahahahahaha now that is priceless.sdgz2zs6n3ed.jpg
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    The OP's gripe though has merit under the umbrella of this game's real problem: lack of non-stop AND concurrent GACs for people to only stop playing when are just tired of battling opponents.

    I'm all for less gac's (but more rewards) but what does that have to do with op's gripes? also, concurrent gac's?

    More GAC and concurrent would allow people to do 3s if they wanted while also doing 5s. Could also do it back to back in perpetuity. More TW, TB, and GAC, and concurrent would've been the smartest way for CG to give the playerbase what they wanted; make the game much better; increase gameplay options; and they would not have needed to do anything else with the game. No "need" for new content, because playability would have been effectively saturated.

    Most complaints were about not enough of what people liked. Not "new content." And more concurrent GAC would have been great because GAC has so much downtime. Attack for 30 minutes, wait a day; join in 24 hours, set up in 24 hours, attack in 24 hours. Staggering multiple of those would have been the most efficient way to give players that love GAC what they wanted, including staggered types of GAC.
  • Gifafi
    5486 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Lol this guy even BOLD PRINTS the exact problem with the topX system while trying to maintain an actual argument to defend it. Hahahahahaha now that is priceless.sdgz2zs6n3ed.jpg
    If players are too ignorant or incompetent to manage their rosters and resources effectively then they are playing the wrong game.

    Hard disagree.

    Players that have certain goals, should manage their rosters and resources accordingly to reach those goals. Everyone plays this game differently and has different goals.

    Relevance? If your goals aren’t winning gacs then fine, just don’t complain when your goals conflict with you winning gacs
    Lol this guy even BOLD PRINTS the exact problem with the topX system while trying to maintain an actual argument to defend it. Hahahahahaha now that is priceless.sdgz2zs6n3ed.jpg

    Um, what? No matter what the criteria are for matchmaking, only you can ever control how you fit the criteria. Please feel free to tell us more about this matchmaking system you want that is out of your control...

    Also, I didn’t defend anything. It’s unreal how many people think pointing out facts means defending something. Makes no sense, but internets, I guess?
    Saada wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Lol this guy even BOLD PRINTS the exact problem with the topX system while trying to maintain an actual argument to defend it. Hahahahahaha now that is priceless.sdgz2zs6n3ed.jpg
    If players are too ignorant or incompetent to manage their rosters and resources effectively then they are playing the wrong game.

    That's silly. He made a good point. In bold "create your own matchmaking." This is essentially putting your resources into toons that will manipulate the matchup to give you easier opponents. This was the issue when ga first started (keep a whole lot of toons at level 1 gear 1 and get matched up with broad rosters).
    It is a better system now but still open to being manipulated (as the bold writing highlights). Which shows adjustments should be made because you shouldn't have a say in getting easier matchups.... it should be a fair/even matchup.

    See above.

    I mean, what is happening??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    I believe "what is happening" are the glaring holes in this system that are just getting larger and larger with each power level. Suck it up buddy, if you're a good player you'll have nothing to worry about. If not, I believe the term is "git gud" iirc.



  • Gifafi wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Lol this guy even BOLD PRINTS the exact problem with the topX system while trying to maintain an actual argument to defend it. Hahahahahaha now that is priceless.sdgz2zs6n3ed.jpg
    If players are too ignorant or incompetent to manage their rosters and resources effectively then they are playing the wrong game.

    Hard disagree.

    Players that have certain goals, should manage their rosters and resources accordingly to reach those goals. Everyone plays this game differently and has different goals.

    Relevance? If your goals aren’t winning gacs then fine, just don’t complain when your goals conflict with you winning gacs
    Lol this guy even BOLD PRINTS the exact problem with the topX system while trying to maintain an actual argument to defend it. Hahahahahaha now that is priceless.sdgz2zs6n3ed.jpg

    Um, what? No matter what the criteria are for matchmaking, only you can ever control how you fit the criteria. Please feel free to tell us more about this matchmaking system you want that is out of your control...

    Also, I didn’t defend anything. It’s unreal how many people think pointing out facts means defending something. Makes no sense, but internets, I guess?
    Saada wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Lol this guy even BOLD PRINTS the exact problem with the topX system while trying to maintain an actual argument to defend it. Hahahahahaha now that is priceless.sdgz2zs6n3ed.jpg
    If players are too ignorant or incompetent to manage their rosters and resources effectively then they are playing the wrong game.

    That's silly. He made a good point. In bold "create your own matchmaking." This is essentially putting your resources into toons that will manipulate the matchup to give you easier opponents. This was the issue when ga first started (keep a whole lot of toons at level 1 gear 1 and get matched up with broad rosters).
    It is a better system now but still open to being manipulated (as the bold writing highlights). Which shows adjustments should be made because you shouldn't have a say in getting easier matchups.... it should be a fair/even matchup.

    See above.

    I mean, what is happening??

    What's happening is people understand the matchmaking and think it's not a good metric for even match ups. The current system matches people who focus on gac with people who have different priorities which causes mismatches. I don't think most people expect an easy path to better rewards, just more enjoyable matches. In arena people competing for top 10 aren't battling anyone who has never broke the top 100 and people trying to make top 200 aren't battling people who never drop below 50. That isn't true in GAC so it gets to a point you either focus on it or ignore it completely.
Sign In or Register to comment.