$2 crystal pack

Rumblefish
5 posts Member
edited August 2020
What is the logic behind doing away with the $2 crystal packs?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Wait there was $2 crystal packs?
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    It makes no sense anymore. Every package prize is so ridiculous high that you at least need 10 dollar+ to achieve something with low value....I remember there was a starting package for around 3 dollars some years ago here at swgoh with 80 shards, a lot of crystals and some relevant gear....tempus fugit...
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Deleted because an edit to the OP made this post irrelevant.
    Post edited by TVF on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • A few of my guild mates pointed this out today...quite a few of them used to use this pack and are pretty annoyed it's been take away from them
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Weren't the $2 packs the worst value?
  • TVF wrote: »

I liked the $2 pack, Google survey rewards money would go to that if i had to refresh arena lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

To the contrary, they were the best value. They had 5 of each type of gear - as opposed to 15 of each for $10 or 10 of each for $5. Incidentally, the $2 pack is the only thing I've spent money on in 2020 (2 of them) - it was moment of weakness....well, actually 2.

To the OP - the packs rotate. The $2, $5 and $10 ones switch off as one day flash sales.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Oh I though it was crystals for $2, those are better values as you go up in price, and the vault is the best deal. Nvm.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Oh I though it was crystals for $2, those are better values as you go up in price, and the vault is the best deal. Nvm.

I think the crystal values in the pack are perfectly equalized to their respective dollar values - 1000 for the $10, 500 for the $5 pack, etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • They are talking the crystal packs, I believe. The $1.99 for 220 crystals one disappeared from the store.

For those, the $1.99 pack was the worst value.

$1.99 - 220 crystals - 110 per dollar
    $4.99 - 610 crystals - 122 per dollar
    $9.99 - 1340 crystals- 134 per dollar
    $19.99 - 2800 crystals - 140 per dollar
    $49.99 - 7370 crystals - 147 per dollar
    $99.99 - 15710 crystals - 157 per dollar
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    They are talking the crystal packs, I believe. The $1.99 for 220 crystals one disappeared from the store.

For those, the $1.99 pack was the worst value.

$1.99 - 220 crystals - 110 per dollar
    $4.99 - 610 crystals - 122 per dollar
    $9.99 - 1340 crystals- 134 per dollar
    $19.99 - 2800 crystals - 140 per dollar
    $49.99 - 7370 crystals - 147 per dollar
    $99.99 - 15710 crystals - 157 per dollar

Ah - I thought the were talking about the newer "crystal packs" (i.e. raw, refined, etc.)

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Only OP can clear this up.
  • TVF wrote: »

Yes from a crystal per dollar perspective which wouldn’t be good to a whale, but if you’re a dolphin kinda player, those $2 packs were perfect for when it was a rough day in the squad arena and you have the PO time constraint; ya hardly even notice it even over time.

$5 is a noticeable amount and adds up over time a lot quicker... especially if you mess up multiple days in a week and suddenly have to drop $20+ on something that used to cost less than $10.