Someone tell me how this is fair

Tygra
123 posts Member
edited August 2020
This attack round of the GAC is the 1 chance you have to do the feat to win the TK-421 title. I don't really care that much for the GAC, but I do enjoy trying to do all the the feats that earn you titles and icons. So I logged in earlier to beat one of my opponents squads and earn the title, and this is what I saw when I went in to battle him.

30mdwd71g2d2.jpg

19n6snuyor7r.jpg

He only set a fleet defense, yet he made one successful attack against me. And check out the title he has in his profile. Yep, TK-421. This (pick your own insult) deliberately went out of his way to cheat me out of my opportunity to win the title.

I really hope that these titles & icons aren't just a one time chance to earn. Because if this was my only chance, then what my opponent did should be considered a form of cheating. It is definitely poor sportsmanship. I mean seriously, how big of a (pick your own insult) do you have to be to pull a move like this?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Tygra
    123 posts Member
    @Kyno I see you moved this to the appropriate section. Sorry for that. Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on this type of behavior?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fair - its neither one way or the other.

is it a not nice move - absolutely
    is it cheating - no not in any way.

This is not your one change, as far as I know. (I already achieved this feat and didn't attack this round yet). This may be your last chance, but not your only.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    also, your opponent is a bad person. or somehow forgot to set the rest. gac history will tell us when it's out. congrats on the win at least.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • avihas
    247 posts Member
    "Cheat you out?"
    You got an easy win!
    I guess he didn't want to put much effort into this match. maybe he didn't think he got a shot against you, maybe not. Dosen't matter. It's his choice! And just like he could've put his best squads against you or someone else and maybe prevent some feat, he could do this.
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    bdqwuq2urph8.jpg

Well, he already had a win in this tournament which means he went and set only a fleet as his defense prior to this round. Honestly avihas, I don't care so much about the wins. I usually finish with only 1 win anyways. I just enjoy collecting all the titles and icons.
  • Congrats on the win. I'm sorry about your loss.

I would like to see these feats available for more than 1 round. I'm not sure how Kyno claimed this one without attacking unless it's a repeat from an old GAC season.
  • Congrats on the win. I'm sorry about your loss.

I would like to see these feats available for more than 1 round. I'm not sure how Kyno claimed this one without attacking unless it's a repeat from an old GAC season.

I dont think they have repeated any feats yet
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    Fair - its neither one way or the other.

is it a not nice move - absolutely
    is it cheating - no not in any way.

This is not your one change, as far as I know. (I already achieved this feat and didn't attack this round yet). This may be your last chance, but not your only.

I consider it an exploit. Autofill sets all defenses, so clearly the devs intended for the board to be filled. Matchmaking is also based on the idea that we use half of our best-geared teams on defense. Of course we can place level 1 trash instead, which this player could have done so as to not deprive their opponent of banners. Either way, setting a single defense is currently a way to circumvent autodeploy. I don't think this is WAI. Would be great to get an official statement on that.