Gas interaction with SLKR under Rey

JKDude01
51 posts Member
edited August 2020
I may be late to the game if this has been discussed already, so I apologize. When I’m using Gas under Rey and battling a SLKR squad in Arena, there are many instances where when he performs either his Sundering Strike or Force Grib abilities and completely whiffs. Am I missing an ability that FO has that allows this? I should also mention that this happens when SLKR is not in his ultimate but even if he is, Gas whiffs on other FO squad members.

When using Gas as the leader and Rey as a member of the squad, he appears to be able to actually make contact.

One other thing I noticed is that if Gas is able to make contact with SLKR when SLKR is not in ultimate, many times he only does -1 damage. Needless to say, this does appear to be a bug, and if not it’s a little bothersome that changes such as this have been made to make it even more difficult for Rey to counter SLKR.

I look forward to feedback. Thanks.

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    has slkr reduced gas's mastery? and slkr has crit immunity when he has advantage. all I could think of off the top of my head
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    first the reason why he may whiff or do little damage - SLKR is reducing his mastery, this will reduce his accuracy and damage.

now why the difference - what I suspect is that by the time SLKR is reducing mastery (unfortunately the first few times he does this skill he may have 0 siphon or very low, as this is the prioritized move) GAS is in cover when he is in the lead. since he doesn't go into cover on a Rey team, this may be the reason you see the difference.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    first the reason why he may whiff or do little damage - SLKR is reducing his mastery, this will reduce his accuracy and damage.

now why the difference - what I suspect is that by the time SLKR is reducing mastery (unfortunately the first few times he does this skill he may have 0 siphon or very low, as this is the prioritized move) GAS is in cover when he is in the lead. since he doesn't go into cover on a Rey team, this may be the reason you see the difference.

You bring up a good point. However, when Gas is in the leadership position, none of these things occur which is why I think there is a bug when Gas is a member of Rey’s squad. Gas does not go into cover at all because Rey keeps his protection up and when Chewy is in the squad, Gas has Guard and cannot be stunned dazed or crit.
  • Options
    JKDude01 wrote: »

However, when Gas is in the leadership position, none of these things occur which is why I think there is a bug when Gas is a member of Rey’s squad.
    This is precisely what Kyno said. GAS is the hard coded target for SLKR. When GAS is in cover, he can't be targeted so SLKR will siphon someone else. When GAS is under Rey and you don't protect him with a tank he'll be targeted all the time, resulting in his mastery being lowered quicker.
  • Options

However, when Gas is in the leadership position, none of these things occur which is why I think there is a bug when Gas is a member of Rey’s squad.
    This is precisely what Kyno said. GAS is the hard coded target for SLKR. When GAS is in cover, he can't be targeted so SLKR will siphon someone else. When GAS is under Rey and you don't protect him with a tank he'll be targeted all the time, resulting in his mastery being lowered quicker.

Ok I understand what he was saying. Thanks. I will still say that until somewhat recently I was able to at least have some sort of damage applied by Gas to FO. Was there more changes made to how Gas interacts with SLKR?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Options

You bring up a good point. However, when Gas is in the leadership position, none of these things occur which is why I think there is a bug when Gas is a member of Rey’s squad. Gas does not go into cover at all because Rey keeps his protection up and when Chewy is in the squad, Gas has Guard and cannot be stunned dazed or crit.

Sorry, my explanation was a little convoluted.

GAS in the lead - he is less effected by the SLKRs ability to siphon his master. This is due to GAS being in cover when SLKR has more siphon. The early hits from SLKR dont have much siphon.

GAS as a member of a Rey team - he is always exposed and therefore can have more mastery siphoned.
  • Options

GAS in the lead - he is less effected by the SLKRs ability to siphon his master. This is due to GAS being in cover when SLKR has more siphon. The early hits from SLKR dont have much siphon.

GAS as a member of a Rey team - he is always exposed and therefore can have more mastery siphoned.

Yep I understand now more of what you were saying. Thanks. I still am not sure that all of Gas’ abilities would be reduced to zero though. Is that possible? He has all 6e mods on and R7 so I would think he would have some resiliency. Appreciate the feedback.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Yep I understand now more of what you were saying. Thanks. I still am not sure that all of Gas’ abilities would be reduced to zero though. Is that possible? He has all 6e mods on and R7 so I would think he would have some resiliency. Appreciate the feedback.

It can't be resisted.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Options

There is no resistance to mastery reduction. Mastery can go to zero and even negative. its not all of his stats, its his mastery which is connected to stats based on his archetype:
    eo0mlqf9jx6g.png
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/224131/galactic-legends-mastery
  • Options
    @Kyno thank you for the explanation! This helps a lot.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    You're welcome?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    You're welcome?

@TVF not sure how I respond to that....
  • Options
    The drain is the Siphon stack number in percentage, doubled if the target is stunned, so if Kylo use the AoE with 80 stacks targeting a stunned GAS, the poor sod will have -160% mastery so around -25% accuracy and -5000 damage
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
  • Options

Primary skill can't be evaded independent of accuracy and ignore defense, the mechanics change GASvsKylo if there's another leader instead Kylo... This is simple a bunch of bug and a lack of skill as software engineer. NEVER in the history of this game a character was issued without a bug
  • Options
    The problem happens also when Rey cover them by HEIR, seem like Kylo get cover against Heir to the jedi only from GAS that takes normal damage against the other enemies but just +1 against Kylo! I had an attack with gas assisting JKLSky takes only +2 damage!!!

There are hundreds of euros of investment in those characters for each player and the result is terrible! Who didn't get any trouble in GA like frozen Rey's that NEVER get out from Rey to the jedi or get crazy and kill everyone in one shot with multiple attacks, damage immunity even though heir was already used?

The question is we are filling their pockets with MILLIONS of dollars and we have to pretend they work with the best developer's otherwise they have to be replaced! Simple like that, they are not doing a good job, they are not giving value to our money, we pay for that!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Lockslay wrote: »

Primary skill can't be evaded independent of accuracy and ignore defense, the mechanics change GASvsKylo if there's another leader instead Kylo... This is simple a bunch of bug and a lack of skill as software engineer. NEVER in the history of this game a character was issued without a bug

@Lockslay I have not seen a single person claim a miss on his primary skill. only on his 2 secondary specials.

if you would like to report that you have seen this miss on his basic skill then you would be correct this should not happen and should be considered a bug.

it seems to be a lack of understanding of the in game mechanics and nothing to do with the skill of the software engineer.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Won't someone please think of the software engineers!

They always get blamed.