Ki-Adi-Mundi

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    So its mainly just mega krakens as always kyno?

There are no 2700 mega krakens. I have him unlocked as f2p.
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    @RandomSithLord
    In the meantime your guild is being hurt because your priorities clearly don't allign.
    You can't blame it on CG that you are not willing to put in the same effort as others that you share a guild with.
    Some might also care more about TW and do regular remods. Is it also the devs' fault that you can't just auto whatever the opponent sets on the board and eventually the more focused players start looking for a better guild?

You clearly didn't read what I wrote. I was very clear that it's splitting the guild. If I were in a guild where the universal priority was KAM shards, then your characterization would be accurate. But we're struggling toward 32 stars in DS Geo, we want to complete more CMs in LS Geo, and we've historically been a TB-oriented guild scoring about 50% in TW, but the guild wants that to improve as well.

As I mentioned, there are about 15 people who do the KAM mission every month (and until recently it was only about 8) with one person who is a member of the 50 Shards of KAM merc-guild (that basically just holds a couple alt-accounts in between the LS Geo periods), so they disappear for a week a month. Then there are a number, I'm not sure how many, who have heard the people that are KAM focussed saying that they don't want to do the work for everyone. That's why we've gone from 8 to 15 people doing the KAM mission and there are a few more coming along who will be ready fairly soon.

But a good half the guild isn't doing the KAM mission and isn't going to be doing the KAM mission any time soon.

This isn't me being petulant. I was responding to people saying that there are negative effects on guilds and I'm telling you that this really is having negative effects on guilds. Whole guilds. Not one commenter.

Sure, I provided details on my reasons for not rushing into the KAM mission, but that's because I don't know the reasons for the 20 or 30 other people in my guild who aren't doing it. I only know my reasons.

Let's also rehash this:
    You can't blame it on CG that you are not willing to put in the same effort as others that you share a guild with.

Again that's not a fair characterization. I'm willing to do the same amount of work. I would just rather have a practice-mode version of the KAM mission in the Journey guide where I can play the event over and over and get better at it.

What I don't want to do is read technical specifications for statistical thresholds of different attribute categories of imaginary fighting bots, then comb through a database of modifying software to determine which bits of software modify the imaginary fighting bots in exactly the right way so as to meet certain statistical thresholds and then make lists of where such software is normally kept and where it needs to be relocated once a month and then keep a list of which software needs to be replaced in which locations after the mission is done.

Making lists is not fun. It's work, sure. It takes effort, sure. But it's not fun.

I am willing to spend time and effort on getting the hang of the KAM missions, developing strategies, etc. I'm sure I'm willing to spend just as much effort and time as others in my guild.

But I'm not willing to turn SWGOH into a paperwork job. It's a game, and I have a real job. I don't need another.

So don't bash my willingness to put in effort. That's not the problem.

The answer is probably a combination of a new method for upgrading 6-dot mods so you need fewer custom loadouts and a practice-mode in the journey guide.

Make the game fun and people will play. Make the game a job and people will quit. It's that easy.
    • Finally, let me make clear:

The guild has multiple priorities. We don't all have GLs, but I do. I work on guild priorities, but there are multiple guild priorities and I'm not working on this one.

Why? Because this one is a terrible, no-fun, killjoy, and I have other things I can do to help my guild mates that aren't killjoy paperwork.

So please don't characterize me as someone unwilling to help my guild, either. I help my guild. Just not with this. Because this is terrible game design and I don't want to be involved.
    Post edited by MasterSeedy on
  • getting 2 shards per person already made it take long enough to 7 star the character But now taking it down to 1 shard per character for KAM, wat and the other TB characters is the worse part.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Good strategy, along with the right relic levels, will let you win the match.
    Unless you have extraordinarily bad rng.

A significant amount of “skill” and knowledge is required to win, but yes bad rng can overcome that too.

I think thats the problem.....

Other similar game modes, you need extraordinarily bad rng (or, even fewer modes, the AI to play really intelligently and get great rng) to lose.

This game mode requires only bad rng *or* the AI to play semi-intelligently.

Its different.
  • I hope they release new clones and rework cody, just to make the battle more doable
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    I hope they release new clones and rework cody, just to make the battle more doable

They won't. They don't care that the battle is ridiculously hard even with the right RNG (yes, I pass the modding tests, tyvm). It also doesn't matter since KAM is garbage anyway. And also even if you were getting 50 shards per TB (which no one is), it would be a few more TB's before anyone has a 7*, and if I were getting 50 shards per TB (which I am not), it would still be 6 more months before I had him at 7*.

As it stands, we get like 8-10 shards per month, so it's going to be a couple years. Honestly don't even care anymore, outside of the fact that it's completely ridiculous to still be this way several months in for such a lackluster character.
  • Kiot
    12 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    since you need to put an arrow of avoid crit and pray that the wrong char doesnt get crit anyway the whole thing its f uped. I like very much that it have its strategy and cant be beaten with brute force, but the rng its insane in this one.

Kyno can we really adress the fact that there are guilds cheating for kam shards! came on.. I mean do you really care? there are a lot of cheaters (reported several times) out there still playing the game
    Post edited by Kiot on
  • Should I be gearing him right now?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Should I be gearing him right now?

Are you using him?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kiot wrote: »
    can we really adress the fact that there are guilds cheating for kam shards!
    Could you elaborate on this one?
  • Should I be gearing him right now?
    TVF wrote: »

Are you using him?

Hence the question. Can I use him on low stars+what jedi?

ua7rx74yhuqo.png
    4z7v6swoq6lw.png
    6lgsvzybcpbv.png
  • Jppc wrote: »

Are you using him?

ua7rx74yhuqo.png
    4z7v6swoq6lw.png
    6lgsvzybcpbv.png

Kam mace kit Ploo and bariss or quigon kam kit ploo and bariss (the last I think is better)

Is it worth it, what caliber of a team would it make in terms of gac, defense/offense?
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »

Are you using him?

ua7rx74yhuqo.png
    4z7v6swoq6lw.png
    6lgsvzybcpbv.png

Kam mace kit Ploo and bariss or quigon kam kit ploo and bariss (the last I think is better)

Is it worth it, what caliber of a team would it make in terms of gac, defense/offense?
    I tested r1 zQGJ lead, r3 Aayla, r5 zBarris and r7 GMY with g11 5* zKAM. On defense they did not fare particularly well, on offense it can take a filler Finn, Phasma team with minimal banner loss (58). At this point it doesn't seem like a particularly good investment.
    Jppc wrote: »

Are you using him?

ua7rx74yhuqo.png
    4z7v6swoq6lw.png
    6lgsvzybcpbv.png

I tested r1 zQGJ lead, r3 Aayla, r5 zBarris and r7 GMY with g11 5* zKAM. On defense they did not fare particularly well, on offense it can take a filler Finn, Phasma team with minimal banner loss (58). At this point it doesn't seem like a particularly good investment.

I see, I'm not willing to relic second tier jedi right away and even your relic ones are limited. Should sit on it a while more then.
  • Another alternative with low gear KAM is JKL (lead), HY, Aayla, KAM, Shaak/OB. GR supports will still get the health-based offense boost from KAM's unique, just not the other stats. It's great paired with JKL's buff on Aayla/Shaak, but again, this team needs at least Aayla from the leftover Jedi.
  • Another alternative with low gear KAM is JKL (lead), HY, Aayla, KAM, Shaak/OB. GR supports will still get the health-based offense boost from KAM's unique, just not the other stats. It's great paired with JKL's buff on Aayla/Shaak, but again, this team needs at least Aayla from the leftover Jedi.

That sounds cool as I'm ready for jkl for a while and waiting for the event. When you say aayla is needed, do you mean at relic levels? Isn't breaking this too great of a loss for using kam?

wh46vyodgapa.png
    Another alternative with low gear KAM is JKL (lead), HY, Aayla, KAM, Shaak/OB. GR supports will still get the health-based offense boost from KAM's unique, just not the other stats. It's great paired with JKL's buff on Aayla/Shaak, but again, this team needs at least Aayla from the leftover Jedi.

That sounds cool as I'm ready for jkl for a while and waiting for the event. When you say aayla is needed, do you mean at relic levels? Isn't breaking this too great of a loss for using kam?

wh46vyodgapa.png
    Depending on the team you want to target, g12 Aayla could work, but to really benefit from KAM unique and Jedi's Will from JKL you'd want relics on her. The part of the unique in your screenshot will get cancelled out, but in this specific team you just rely on the 10% max health value converted to offense boost.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Enter Barris
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    @Kyno do you have Ki? Doesn’t look like it.

https://swgoh.gg/p/663661252/characters/?f=Jedi

So how do you know this battle is so easy?
    Have you beat it every time with your under geared Shaak? The battle is difficult, strategy or not.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lrrr wrote: »
    Kyno do you have Ki? Doesn’t look like it.

https://swgoh.gg/p/663661252/characters/?f=Jedi

So how do you know this battle is so easy?
    Have you beat it every time with your under geared Shaak? The battle is difficult, strategy or not.

When did I say I have beaten it?

Actually I get fairly close with my Shaak the way she is.

I was getting crushed and then after studying the strategy and moving things around I get really close, I just have not committed the gear to that mission yet, but I suspect I can do it if i really focus in on my mods towards the strategy.

I dont think I ever said it wasnt difficult, did I?

Just that there is a strategy and that it's not all luck. Many in my guild and other guilds have this on lock down, due to that exact fact.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    qzhqosn4gbst.png

• @Kyno
    Just that there is a strategy and that it's not all luck.

Of course success isn't all luck.

However any given failure can be. In the strategy guide posted above it clearly says that good modding and high relics can make it less likely you'll get your Shaak Ti nuked on Jango's first turn... but it still happens. You can be well geared, well modded, well relic'd and following the best available strategy and still be destined for failure before you can take a turn.

I don't think anyone has said success is all luck. People (not me) have complained about failures which they could not prevent and which were a result of RNG.

I think people are constantly talking past each other here b/c of the lack of understanding that these are two different things.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno
    Just that there is a strategy and that it's not all luck.

Of course success isn't all luck.

However any given failure can be. In the strategy guide posted above it clearly says that good modding and high relics can make it less likely you'll get your Shaak Ti nuked on Jango's first turn... but it still happens. You can be well geared, well modded, well relic'd and following the best available strategy and still be destined for failure before you can take a turn.

I don't think anyone has said success is all luck. People (not me) have complained about failures which they could not prevent and which were a result of RNG.

I think people are constantly talking past each other here b/c of the lack of understanding that these are two different things.

No that's not true, "any given failure" is not only RNG, because there is strategy. Some failures are due to RNG, which can be said for any part of this game, because of how the game is built. But you can minimize this through strategy, which is not the same as "it's all RNG" as many have stated and even you are hinting at by saying "any given failure".

No one is denying RNG, but many are saying it is all RNG. It's not.
  • No that's not true, "any given failure" is not only RNG, because there is strategy. Some failures are due to RNG, which can be said for any part of this game, because of how the game is built. But you can minimize this through strategy, which is not the same as "it's all RNG" as many have stated and even you are hinting at by saying "any given failure".

You're actually agreeing with me.
    Some failures are due to RNG

You said.
    you can minimize this through strategy

But the failures still sometimes happen. That means that if you've done all the minimization within a player's power and an RNG-based failure happens anyway, then all the blame is on RNG and none is on the player who did everything she (or he) could.

The only way you can conclude that there is no such thing as a failure entirely due to RNG is if you assert that it is impossible for a maxed out squad with good mods & strategy to lose. And yet many people in this thread agree that it is possible for such squads to lose.

Ergo, failures that are entirely RNG-based do happen. You even admit as much by saying you can "minimize" RNG-caused failure. You can't eliminate it entirely.

So there you are. The consensus, and even your own language, agrees that 100% RNG-fault failures occur.
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    You can also greatly minimize the RnG with relics and mods , I haven't failed to complete the challenge yet ,and the times my R7 fives died with no sacrifice I still finished it .

I'm probably not getting the worst RnG but I'm not getting the best either, ( according to the strategy that is ) ,but I do think that you can heavily weigh things in your favor .

Then again I haven't got a huge sample of battles to make a fair call .
    but I do think that half of the players think they have minimized the RnG haven't even come close when it comes down to modding, example of this is I went through some of my guild mates clone teams who where having problems with the event and had a look at how they modded them .
    Had some arcs with potency primary and sets on , echos with no offence or crit dam, slow rex's the list can go on .
    And my friends that thought they could mod, where close but 2-3 switches and they were actually ready .

I do agree with @MasterSeedy but I dont think it's a huge problem, the whole game is RnG , go play the early stages of cantina it's a breeze lol at one point it wasn't though .

We will all "git gud " collectively when they release the next money spinning relic or mod **** and look back at the event complaining it's too easy .
  • But the failures still sometimes happen. That means that if you've done all the minimization within a player's power and an RNG-based failure happens anyway, then all the blame is on RNG and none is on the player who did everything she (or he) could.

The only way you can conclude that there is no such thing as a failure entirely due to RNG is if you assert that it is impossible for a maxed out squad with good mods & strategy to lose. And yet many people in this thread agree that it is possible for such squads to lose.

Ergo, failures that are entirely RNG-based do happen. You even admit as much by saying you can "minimize" RNG-caused failure. You can't eliminate it entirely.

So there you are. The consensus, and even your own language, agrees that 100% RNG-fault failures occur.

As with everything.
    That's not a cause for complaint
    When people screw up.
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    That's not a cause for complaint

Being alive is cause for complaint if people want it to be. I've listened patiently to relatives complaining that the ocean is too cold on a day we went to the beach specifically to cool off. It is what it is, and neither telling people that they're wrong to voice their complaints not falsely asserting that something isn't true when it is are going to help.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No that's not true, "any given failure" is not only RNG, because there is strategy. Some failures are due to RNG, which can be said for any part of this game, because of how the game is built. But you can minimize this through strategy, which is not the same as "it's all RNG" as many have stated and even you are hinting at by saying "any given failure".

You're actually agreeing with me.
    Some failures are due to RNG

You said.
    you can minimize this through strategy

But the failures still sometimes happen. That means that if you've done all the minimization within a player's power and an RNG-based failure happens anyway, then all the blame is on RNG and none is on the player who did everything she (or he) could.

Failures happening sometimes =/= any given failure.

Again, the nature of the game can always cause a player to lose due to RNG.

Correct in end game content you will lose sometimes. That's still doesnt mean the entire mission is RNG based.
  • Useless.