New meta

Replies

• Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I would give anything for the next meta not to involve galactic legends at all.

Pretty sure that ship has sailed. I dont think we will see any team being META for a while that doesn't contain a GL. I understand being pragmatic and holding off on getting these GLs if you are far behind, but they are not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Even if they add more, they are not likely to completely supplant these GLs.
    Being unable to use >1 GL in a squad means it’s a possibility that new GLs supplant the existing ones.

I do find some posters in these threads funny though. They want a new meta that they can access quickly and with little investment on their part - as if the GL owners won’t instantly obtain that meta as well.
    What I want is fun characters to work towards. These gls are terrible so I am skipping them completely. I don't care what the next meta is as long as I don't have to worry about timeouts in mirror matches and gearing up worthless characters I will be happy.
    Well, good luck with that. Gear is the new gate, and I’d expect that to continue from this point forward.

JKR and DR were the last toons that had stars as the gate. Pretty much everything since has had a large gearing requirement, and the amount of players who have (almost) everything at 7* means they will keep doing this. And they’ll keep including worthless characters on the list too.

Jkl came out after the gls and his requirements seem fine. It was actually nice to get to gear up Hoda and wampa. Hopefully we will get more stuff like that going forward. I was able to beat tier 2 of ground war first try this time thanks to Hoda. Now we just need an event that we can use wampa in.
    How are CHS, ROLO and Lando working out for you?

Shame CHS and ROLO didn't get the Rebel Fighter tag.
  • Options
    The “buff Rey” campaign seems to have quietened down a lot lately. Wonder if some of the Rey owners have now unlocked SLKR or are closing in on it?

Maybe it's because we had 3v3 GAC. Rey seems stronger in this mode and some complains were around GAC unbalance.
  • Options

Pretty sure that ship has sailed. I dont think we will see any team being META for a while that doesn't contain a GL. I understand being pragmatic and holding off on getting these GLs if you are far behind, but they are not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Even if they add more, they are not likely to completely supplant these GLs.
    Being unable to use >1 GL in a squad means it’s a possibility that new GLs supplant the existing ones.

I do find some posters in these threads funny though. They want a new meta that they can access quickly and with little investment on their part - as if the GL owners won’t instantly obtain that meta as well.
    What I want is fun characters to work towards. These gls are terrible so I am skipping them completely. I don't care what the next meta is as long as I don't have to worry about timeouts in mirror matches and gearing up worthless characters I will be happy.
    Well, good luck with that. Gear is the new gate, and I’d expect that to continue from this point forward.

JKR and DR were the last toons that had stars as the gate. Pretty much everything since has had a large gearing requirement, and the amount of players who have (almost) everything at 7* means they will keep doing this. And they’ll keep including worthless characters on the list too.

Jkl came out after the gls and his requirements seem fine. It was actually nice to get to gear up Hoda and wampa. Hopefully we will get more stuff like that going forward. I was able to beat tier 2 of ground war first try this time thanks to Hoda. Now we just need an event that we can use wampa in.

much better then rose is for anyone that went for Rey. I have already used Lando in gac and tw he is actually decent on a scoundrel team. Either way those they all get used in the actual event, how many of the terrible characters that you gear up for these gls do you actually use in the event?
  • Options

much better then rose is for anyone that went for Rey. I have already used Lando in gac and tw he is actually decent on a scoundrel team. Either way those they all get used in the actual event, how many of the terrible characters that you gear up for these gls do you actually use in the event?

The same amount as I’m using for the SLKR event.
  • Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    I would expect one or the other to be in the top team (though maybe not as the leader) until the next set of Galactic Legends is released.

Best personal guess on that - end of the year(ish).

Probably one or two more major character releases (Legendary/Journey/Epic) before then as well - those May shake up the compositions of the top teams, but will likely see a GL in there.

I think even more than Arena, the game could stand to see anther Legendary ship to break the monotony there, the top hundreds of any halfway mature shard is pure maxed GK or GG fleets these days (many players having both) with only the occasional other composition in there more for fun than anything else.

A legendary Luke Skywalker X-Wing should be fantastic! They really underestimated Luke in this game, the center of star war universe had to be the strongest one. :-(
  • Options

I don’t understand your point. When I asked how much use you’re getting out of those 3 toons, you told me you’re using one of them in what we could generously describe as a B team in TW / GAC.

Then you say that because you use them to unlock JKL, that this is better than the requirements for Rey. I really don’t see the difference here. You’ve farmed CHS and ROLO up to r3, will actually use them once to unlock JKL, I farmed Res Pilot and Rose up, haven’t used them but unlocked Rey.

After you’ve used them once in the event, what are you going to do with them?
  • Options
    My hope is to eventually have an extra team for tb. I know one of the hosts or a podcast I listen to talks about using his caption Han in tb and he is actually good in that. If you want to say that jedi Luke has some bad characters as well for his requirements that is fine. His requirements are so much more fair and you atleast use everyone in the event. I hate that the gls have required characters that are just gear checks. It is so unbelievably lazy by the devs. Stuff like that irks me so much. Jkl also doesn't suffer from the terrible rock paper scissors garbage that the gl events are plagued with. Great you got them and enjoy them, I have no interest in ever getting Rey or kylo. I am really hoping that they will take the almost universal negative reception to these events and improve them drastically for the next batch.
  • Options
    I surely hope that the next Han Solo they do have a leader slot. I mean he becomes a General in ROTJ.

Also we do need a legendary Leia. Let’s hope they do add Endor variations.
  • Options
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I surely hope that the next Han Solo they do have a leader slot.
    'All Hans on deck': when a Han use a special ability, all Hans assist.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I surely hope that the next Han Solo they do have a leader slot.
    'All Hans on deck': when a Han use a special ability, all Hans assist.
    “Many Hans make light work” If a team is comprised of 5 Hans, enemy light side units do damage to their own team.
  • el_mago
    752 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I would guess GLs are the defining meta for the long term, not sure how frequently they would release new ones. I got a feeling that bounty hunters might be required maybe for jabba or something similar. There's plenty of old ones to r7, new ones to r5 or r3 and the ship requirement. Not sure what lightside would be anti BH though

Yet another Han! See the above posts for inspiration on his new abilities.

Agreed though, GLs are, imo, the new meta. Maybe release one set of two GLs per year?

GL Jabba has my vote!

EDIT: Maybe only one set per year. Those GLs are a lot of work!
    Post edited by el_mago on
  • Options

That is true, it would be hard to have more GLs and keep them all balanced.

Yes, that's why I see GLs sticking it out for a while, even if they introduced a new pair, I would see them being similar not necessarily stronger.

Fair enough; I would be happy about a new pair of GLs. They would not necessarily need to be significantly stronger, if the devs want to stick with some rock paper scissors mechanics, there would be something for everyone. I don't mind a long farm, all I want is a non sequel meta. B)
  • Options
    el_mago wrote: »
    I would guess GLs are the defining meta for the long term, not sure how frequently they would release new ones. I got a feeling that bounty hunters might be required maybe for jabba or something similar. There's plenty of old ones to r7, new ones to r5 or r3 and the ship requirement. Not sure what lightside would be anti BH though

Agreed though, GLs are, imo, the new meta. Maybe release two sets of two GLs per year?

GL Jabba has my vote!

Only if Slave Leia is the LS counterpart 😊
  • Options
    el_mago wrote: »

Agreed though, GLs are, imo, the new meta. Maybe release two sets of two GLs per year?

GL Jabba has my vote!

Only if Slave Leia is the LS counterpart 😊

Get your mind out of the gutter...I'm trying to float by 😉
  • Options
    In my humble personal opinion, the whole GL was a big mistake. Making money off the game comes first, sure, but a bit more variety and balance would be great to see and not 2 dominant the Arena or guild events.

Anyways, flame on ...
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Atarius wrote: »
    In my humble personal opinion, the whole GL was a big mistake. Making money off the game comes first, sure, but a bit more variety and balance would be great to see and not 2 dominant the Arena or guild events.

Anyways, flame on ...

Ok.

Most metas are one team dominating (JKR, DR, GAS) so you should be happy to have a choice.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    It would be nice if all GLs were created at the same kind of power level. That way there will be many many many teams that can climb in the future creating an actual diverse meta. I doubt CG thinks this way but who knows
  • Shaddess
    221 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    G
  • Options
    With all the OT content lately, my guess is the next meta will be related to that.

Possibly a master Luke Skywalker (preferably from legends). If it required Jedi Luke and several new characters, it would be reasonably hard to get, especially for newer players.

My guess is that there will be a marque or two for rotj characters and maybe a legendary that will also be needed. Maybe a general Han or Rotj Leia's or both. Imperial Troopers could be needed for a legendary. They haven't been used yet and they would make sense.

It could be a GL but not sure what the ds would be. But maybe it would need a legendary requiring rebel fighters since that's a faction now.
  • Options
    I highly doubt GLs will be Legends based... and I hope they won’t be either.
  • Options
    I highly doubt GLs will be Legends based... and I hope they won’t be either.

Well there's nothing legendary about old man Jake Skywalker so Legends would be better than more from the trash sequels. And a end of Rotj Luke would be too similar to jedi Luke so it really wouldn't make sense. Same with vader or ep being ds GLs. They are just too similar.

And they hav ed used Legends in the past. Revan and kotor aren't technically cannon either.

And having some Legends characters in the game would be good. Those that like the sequels have plenty of characters. It'd be nice to have some from Legends to balance things out.
  • Options
    If it required Jedi Luke and several new characters, it would be reasonably hard to get, especially for newer players.

Jedi Luke's requirements were designed to be very difficult for new players, but not nearly as difficult for older ones.

Why? Well, the r3 requirement is not much worse than what was required for GA$ - it's about the same number of toons, but requiring all to be relic'd is harder, while the fact that in the GA$ event some needed to be significantly above r3 for success, using up more precious signal data and higher relic pieces. It's a little worse, since you could keep your GA$ relic characters down at r3 or so if you were willing to try many times, and JKL has a hard minimum of r3 for every character, but JKL is also (so I'm told) easy to complete at that r3 level where many people had trouble with GA$ even after meeting the minimums.

BUT two of the characters are GET1 toons (HY exclusively, and Wampa almost exclusively since you otherwise have to have a very good bounty hunter team - at least very good by new player standards - and even then only collect 20 shards every 7 weeks to 2 months, at best it's 14 shards/month or 2 years to farm exclusively by Galactic Bounties).

New players find GET1 difficult to acquire in any quantity, but old players generally have Wampa & HY at 7* already.

Thus any requirement for Jedi Luke to get a further character would likewise be extremely difficult and/or expensive for newer players (I'm assuming you can buy HY and Wampa shards for crystals in Shipments but I haven't actually checked).

This is a great bit of game balance, if you ask me. It doesn't give anything away, but at release the biggest barrier was shards of difficult-to-access toons (gearing 9 characters to r3 doesn't take 2 years) which was already met by the old-timers.

I think there is a very important place in the game for krakens & whales - they literally pay for the rest of us to be able to plays this game. So I don't want to hurt them or discourage them, but that doesn't mean that every character should be for easy sale.

So I'd strongly support using Jedi Luke as a prerequisite for a newer Jedi Master Luke character down the road. That said, I think it's too soon to introduce Jedi Master Luke. Jedi Luke's event should be available to play 24/7/365 in the Journey Guide before that happens.
  • Options
    I’d rather have something from Episode 3 or Clone Wars era than another sequel or OT GL so soon after the release of JKL. Rotj Luke is JKL, hate to break that bubble.
  • Options
    GLs could look something like Episode 3 Obi-Wan and Darth Vader pre suit.
  • Options
    @TheMaster12345

Or "Chancellor Palpatine" and a new version of Yoda ... or better yet, "Chancellor Palpatine" and Ep3 Mace Windu.
  • Options
    @TheMaster12345

Or "Chancellor Palpatine" and a new version of Yoda ... or better yet, "Chancellor Palpatine" and Ep3 Mace Windu.

Not chancellor palpatine. We need "the senate". If it's from the scene you're referring to.
  • Options
    If it required Jedi Luke and several new characters, it would be reasonably hard to get, especially for newer players.

Jedi Luke's requirements were designed to be very difficult for new players, but not nearly as difficult for older ones.

Why? Well, the r3 requirement is not much worse than what was required for GA$ - it's about the same number of toons, but requiring all to be relic'd is harder, while the fact that in the GA$ event some needed to be significantly above r3 for success, using up more precious signal data and higher relic pieces. It's a little worse, since you could keep your GA$ relic characters down at r3 or so if you were willing to try many times, and JKL has a hard minimum of r3 for every character, but JKL is also (so I'm told) easy to complete at that r3 level where many people had trouble with GA$ even after meeting the minimums.

BUT two of the characters are GET1 toons (HY exclusively, and Wampa almost exclusively since you otherwise have to have a very good bounty hunter team - at least very good by new player standards - and even then only collect 20 shards every 7 weeks to 2 months, at best it's 14 shards/month or 2 years to farm exclusively by Galactic Bounties).

New players find GET1 difficult to acquire in any quantity, but old players generally have Wampa & HY at 7* already.

Thus any requirement for Jedi Luke to get a further character would likewise be extremely difficult and/or expensive for newer players (I'm assuming you can buy HY and Wampa shards for crystals in Shipments but I haven't actually checked).

This is a great bit of game balance, if you ask me. It doesn't give anything away, but at release the biggest barrier was shards of difficult-to-access toons (gearing 9 characters to r3 doesn't take 2 years) which was already met by the old-timers.

I think there is a very important place in the game for krakens & whales - they literally pay for the rest of us to be able to plays this game. So I don't want to hurt them or discourage them, but that doesn't mean that every character should be for easy sale.

So I'd strongly support using Jedi Luke as a prerequisite for a newer Jedi Master Luke character down the road. That said, I think it's too soon to introduce Jedi Master Luke. Jedi Luke's event should be available to play 24/7/365 in the Journey Guide before that happens.

I think if they are going to require him, it will be relatively soon (probably around the beginning of the year). If they wait too long, they remove a paywall for many late game players and that's not CGs style.
  • Options
    When will the meta change from GL and we will see other things than SLKR and Rey in top arena ?

Follow the money. If GL is set to fall from meta, you can bet it will be for another GL, or something else sitting behind a monster PAYWALL.