New meta

13Next

Replies

• @TheMaster12345

Or "Chancellor Palpatine" and a new version of Yoda ... or better yet, "Chancellor Palpatine" and Ep3 Mace Windu.

That would be CG’s way of giving us the Mace Windu rework.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @TheMaster12345

Or "Chancellor Palpatine" and a new version of Yoda ... or better yet, "Chancellor Palpatine" and Ep3 Mace Windu.

That would be CG’s way of giving us the Mace Windu rework.

and mace would be required at r7.....so there is toon everyone can complain about having to relic. its all coming together.
  • @Kyno
    and mace would be required at r7.....so there is toon everyone can complain about having to relic. its all coming together.

LOL
  • LordDirt
    4985 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Yep, to get GL Mace Windu you will have to relic Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, GK, Padme, Jedi Knight Anakin, GMY, Darth Sidious, Qui-Gon Jinn, Count Dooku, Jango Fett, Nute Gunray and they will add Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin and you will have to relic them too.

Couple there that people can complain about having to relic.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Don't forget ticket system :)

Unlock at 7 stars but instead of 1 special ability... They give u 2 now!! 1 for Light Side and 1 for darkside. Enjoy the farm!!
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I would give anything for the next meta not to involve galactic legends at all.

Pretty sure that ship has sailed. I dont think we will see any team being META for a while that doesn't contain a GL. I understand being pragmatic and holding off on getting these GLs if you are far behind, but they are not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Even if they add more, they are not likely to completely supplant these GLs.
    Being unable to use >1 GL in a squad means it’s a possibility that new GLs supplant the existing ones.

I do find some posters in these threads funny though. They want a new meta that they can access quickly and with little investment on their part - as if the GL owners won’t instantly obtain that meta as well.
    What I want is fun characters to work towards. These gls are terrible so I am skipping them completely. I don't care what the next meta is as long as I don't have to worry about timeouts in mirror matches and gearing up worthless characters I will be happy.

Omg I can't believe that I am never going to have to own Rey or slkr. This is even better then I could have ever imagined. Thank you cg.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Pretty sure that ship has sailed. I dont think we will see any team being META for a while that doesn't contain a GL. I understand being pragmatic and holding off on getting these GLs if you are far behind, but they are not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Even if they add more, they are not likely to completely supplant these GLs.
    Being unable to use >1 GL in a squad means it’s a possibility that new GLs supplant the existing ones.

I do find some posters in these threads funny though. They want a new meta that they can access quickly and with little investment on their part - as if the GL owners won’t instantly obtain that meta as well.
    What I want is fun characters to work towards. These gls are terrible so I am skipping them completely. I don't care what the next meta is as long as I don't have to worry about timeouts in mirror matches and gearing up worthless characters I will be happy.

Omg I can't believe that I am never going to have to own Rey or slkr. This is even better then I could have ever imagined. Thank you cg.

Are you skipping the new ones too?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gearing up worthless characters is the new thing. Particularly if you go for SEE.

"Paging Krennic and Royal Guard"
  • Looks like i got my answer with the 2 new GL Luke and Emperor
  • TVF wrote: »

I hope not. I guess we will see once we know more.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

So why were the previous GL terrible and these aren't?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I really hope it is next year, it would be pretty rough to get to having both and luke and then it changes soon, like this great comment:
    Csharpmao wrote: »
    Just 1-2 weeks after I get one.

it's only been 5 months since the events launched, and with the requirements (which were announced many months sooner, in December 2019 maybe? then just the first set of reqs in january) being so tough, the meta should be longer and extended. new toons like jkl/vader rework-type things can help extend as well, while also making it so lower (than GL/Double GL) level players can compete for a while. imo

WHELP
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Csharpmao wrote: »
    Just 1-2 weeks after I get one.
    This was more accurate than I expected, I'll be able to have Rey in a 3-4 weeks...
  • TVF wrote: »

I said we will see. These gls could have the same problems the first batch had I am hoping that cg learned something from the first group but we will see. The gl event was universally panned for the rock paper scissors stuff, and for the lack of story. I hope they have fixed that. Also Rey mirror matches can timeout and the main thing I see online about them is they are not fun. I have never gotten over how terrible it was running jkr in arena when he first came out. I don't ever want to do that again.
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    it will always be a problem as long as they release gls in pairs
    because of cg being unable to balance 2 meta teams at the same time
    with some exceptions (palp vs malak) they were decent at making the new meta more powerful than the previous one
    this didnt apply to gls at all even though both are the best teams they are nowhere near equal
    while rey may still be really good in 3v3 and to some extent useful in ls geo tb she fails in everything else (compared to slkr)
    while slkr at least after the buffs is just good everywhere (beside ls geo obv)
    rey kinda only holds in arena if you add like every other great toon (gas jkr jkr gk whatever)

the new gls wont have such an impact if cg keeps not releasing any meaningful content (at least if you have slkr) because we can already solo the hsr which is still the most important source of g12 and g12+ (top 10 only obv)

so not releasing content kinda helps cg here
    which is kinda sad

ps: this time everyone can make the right decision which gl to go for
    just watch ahnaldt101's video which is the best and then take the other one
    or wait 4 months until cg has thrown out the last buff of either one
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

I said we will see. These gls could have the same problems the first batch had I am hoping that cg learned something from the first group but we will see. The gl event was universally panned for the rock paper scissors stuff, and for the lack of story. I hope they have fixed that. Also Rey mirror matches can timeout and the main thing I see online about them is they are not fun. I have never gotten over how terrible it was running jkr in arena when he first came out. I don't ever want to do that again.

We'll see about the event but you previously mentioned useless characters and that isn't changing. And yes Rey can time out if you are using poor strategy. My experience is that JKR mirrors were way worse, I find Rey mirrors hard to lose or timeout, I generally win in 2-3 minutes and I can't remember the last time I LOST. I'm certainly glad I didn't skip a GL just because of what the usual people here complained about.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Didn't mean to capitalze lost but I'm not risking the spam filter to fix it.