Why euro store is more expensive than USA???

Lockslay
138 posts Member
edited August 2020
kahdcg71n0p9.jpg
dz3rie1q9bdp.jpg

In the last 3yrs I've been losing a lot of money 'cos my bank accounts are all in dollars (offshore worker) but I have to lose money with exchanges dollar/euro every time I buy (waste) my money in the store. Could anybody explain that difference €/$ please?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Anyway why the offer of $19,99 come in my display and I have to pay $25,99??? That in my country 8s called misleading advertising
  • EA/CG don't set the exchange rate prices, the Apple/Google stores do.

Not sure if there is tax to pay on top of that in the States either.
  • Well $99.99 IS NOT £99.99.

I don’t buy it that Just Apple and Google set the prices.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Well $99.99 IS NOT £99.99.

Doesn’t really matter what you think. Facts are facts. CG sets their prices in USD and the stores handle the exchange rates.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    EA/CG don't set the exchange rate prices, the Apple/Google stores do.

Yeah, tax are pretty different in the USA/eurozone. Even though I work abroad and don't have to pay tax in Italy (183days/yr out of country) I couldn't change my store location, but that 8s acceptable is to hard to a company get case by case from millions user, they have to follow a standard but...

That is a misleading advertising anyway, at least they shouldn't pop-up an advertising of 19,99 and ask me 25,99. If they have to follow the Italian laws to pay taxes they should follow compliance of Italian rights. If a price is displayed in a store the vendor must sell me at that price doesn't matter if is a error or not.

• CamaroAMF wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »

Doesn’t really matter what you think. Facts are facts. CG sets their prices in USD and the stores handle the exchange rates.
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »

Yeah but they have to follow the UK laws in this case. If in the game come ou a pop-up with 99,99 dollars instead 99,99 pounds they are doing a false advertising!
  • Its so hard to understand that rate of us dollars vs euros for example arent 1:1.You dont have to be a rocket scientist to get it.
  • Its so hard to understand that rate of us dollars vs euros for example arent 1:1.You dont have to be a rocket scientist to get it.

Is so hard to understand what is a misleading advertising? I'm not talking about store prices only, that was answered by UdalCuain as soon I posted it.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    $99.99 = £76.39.

So that’s nearly £25 on top. The tax collected on it should be nearly £15.

So yeah, I don’t believe it. £99.99 would mean $130.
  • Lockslay wrote: »
    Its so hard to understand that rate of us dollars vs euros for example arent 1:1.You dont have to be a rocket scientist to get it.

Is so hard to understand what is a misleading advertising? I'm not talking about store prices only, that was answered by UdalCuain as soon I posted it.

The ad says $19.99/USD, right?
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    $99.99 = £76.39.

So that’s nearly £25 on top. The tax collected on it should be nearly £15.

So yeah, I don’t believe it.

I checked in Google store tax and bla bla bla and in the eurozone we have to pay tax the 15 pound differences seems like the VAT, that should be 20% in UK.

But the worse thing isn't that. That's is not fair, ok but is a legislation matter and the stores can't do nothing about that. The only thing they could do is AVOID to pop-up those prices in our mobiles
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Lockslay wrote: »
    Its so hard to understand that rate of us dollars vs euros for example arent 1:1.You dont have to be a rocket scientist to get it.

Sorry mate but I didn't get your point.

Yeah the advertising is $19,99, but if I press over the pop-up I'll get to the store where the real price is $25,99 (€21,99).
    In Europe the price is higher due to the tax, I understood that too.
    My concern is about a false advertising

So what do you mean?
  • Lockslay wrote: »
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Lockslay wrote: »

Sorry mate but I didn't get your point.

Yeah the advertising is $19,99, but if I press over the pop-up I'll get to the store where the real price is $25,99 (€21,99).
    In Europe the price is higher due to the tax, I understood that too.
    My concern is about a false advertising

So what do you mean?

I get what you’re saying. It sucks but I think you just have to accept that an American company is advertising in USD and that prices will be different in foreign stores. It won’t always be based strictly on current exchange rates because Apple and Google aren’t constantly adjusting prices to match current exchange rates. They only do periodic adjustments. There are also tax elements that have to be dealt with. In the US some states do charge tax but you don’t see that until you’re actually charged. I think in some foreign countries Apple and Google are required to have some taxes accounted for up front.
  • Oh no you have to pay extra for some crystals in a video game?

Take an affordable train ride to the nearest beach that isn’t littered with trash because you pay to keep your country clean and enjoy the day with your quality internet.

I will gladly—GLADLY—pay a couple extra bucks if it means all the other stuff you get.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    EA/CG don't set the exchange rate prices, the Apple/Google stores do.

This.