Keycard Battles pointless?

So I just hit lvl 52 and unlocked keycard battles, but all they are is 50 energy to get credit droids or training droids. I feel like this is kind of a waste of a feature as most people should have almost unlimited credits and training droids.

Replies

• Just hit lv52 there and gave it a try... The pay out for 50e is crap! Rather refill my purple energy and blitz through cantina for training droids.
  • They need to double the payout or reduce cost to 25, and give XP for energy spent.

It's a good idea, because the droid and credit cost of leveling post 52 is ridiculous, all my cash and droids go to bumping my 5 man team +1 level each day. It's just implemented poorly. At 52 lack of cash and droids is just making your collection weak not your main team.

I used to have a nice deep roster for GW now I have the A-team (55) the D-team (47) and the suicide squad (40).
  • I used it at lvl 60 for the first time. I had 2k credits to my name so dropped the 50 energy for the credit one and got close to 200k in credits for completing it. That many credits if I had bought with crystals would have cost 200ish. 200ish crystals vs 50 energy is a no brainer. The training droid one I can't speak of Ive never tried it. But the credit one is great when you're 60 and dont need the energy to level.
  • JoJoMo_007
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    At level 52 my first try I got 62500 credits. Not worth the 50 energy but I would do it for 200k credits like whipiT above me
  • All it lets you do is the credit and training bot challenges for 50 energy, not even remotely worth it since you don't get any xp.
  • Not even remotely worth it without exp? You do know the cap is only 60 atm and you unlock it at 52. Having the credits to actually upgrade your characters is more important than levelling up, which is pointless outside of unlocking more areas to farm mats/shards. At 54 I would happily drop energy into credits, but when I did it a couple times the reward was poor, may have just been unlucky.
  • Tryban
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Akster wrote: »
    Not even remotely worth it without exp? You do know the cap is only 60 atm and you unlock it at 52. Having the credits to actually upgrade your characters is more important than levelling up, which is pointless outside of unlocking more areas to farm mats/shards. At 54 I would happily drop energy into credits, but when I did it a couple times the reward was poor, may have just been unlucky.

^^this
    Once you cap, better to trade energy/crystals for credits than xp. Just have to find a balance that works for you from 52-60.
    +, the crystal to credit ratio seems better, more consistent than the credit pack lottery.
    (tried 10 and didn't get a single bonus multiplier from the packs).
    "That is why you fail."
  • Yes it is pointless
  • @Tryban Lol me too bro! I've used those credit crystal packs and it almost never gives me double or triple. I thought I was just unlucky.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    A lot of this depends on how fast you level up, what parts of the game you play, and how many characters you are leveling.
    I just hit level 58 and leveled up the 9 chars I am carrying at level. (I also have another at 54.) When I level up I usually can do it nearly entirely with 1* and 2* droids that I've earned from missions, only using a handful of 3* droids. I've never used any of my higher droids and currently have 120x 3*, 86x 4*, 33x 5* and 15x 6*. These are being saved for new characters. After today's leveling I am sitting at 2.4M credits.
    As always with these games, it's easier if you aren't in a big rush.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    i've had no issues with credits...usually sitting around 2.5mil even after blowing 1m+ per level up and the occasional 500k to 6* characters. i'm also well stocked on training droids too. then again, i only maintain a top 7 roster and everyone else is 5 levels behind.
    mighty chlorians
  • I never use thise events. What's right now seems a test, for something more exiting in the future. I only completed it ONCE and never again bothered.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    WhipiT wrote: »
    I used it at lvl 60 for the first time. I had 2k credits to my name so dropped the 50 energy for the credit one and got close to 200k in credits for completing it. That many credits if I had bought with crystals would have cost 200ish. 200ish crystals vs 50 energy is a no brainer. The training droid one I can't speak of Ive never tried it. But the credit one is great when you're 60 and dont need the energy to level.
    Even then I will be using the energy for rare hard mission shards, and wait however many days needed to farm the credits from challenges or GW.

If you could actually earn enough to level a char from 1-60 or promote from 6★ to 7★ I would consider it.

50 energy is worth much more when you equate it to the rare character shards you can get, and not crystals as you have done.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Gonna need all the training bots you can get once they raise that lvl cap. But I'm not spending 50 energy a day on getting those bots. Gotta farm this purple gear and shards to stay relevant in PvP.
  • I did it once when it unlocked to see what it was and was sad I wasted about 7 tries to get purple gear parts. I think it maybe useful when you are level 60 and have your main 5 or 10 characters in max gear and want to level up your stable for GW or try new squads. However I think before you have at least your arena 5 maxed out its a very poor choice.
This discussion has been closed.