New Galactic Legends requirements

Replies

  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?

    Anyone but the GLs is fair game.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?

    Magic eight ball says yes
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?

    Anyone but the GLs is fair game.

    So you see the problem?
    JKL alone is a 9 toons to relic (with him it's 10). That's mean he's alone 2.5 groups of requirement!!!
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?

    Anyone but the GLs is fair game.

    So you see the problem?
    JKL alone is a 9 toons to relic (with him it's 10). That's mean he's alone 2.5 groups of requirement!!!
    Then go for Palp
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?

    Anyone but the GLs is fair game.

    So you see the problem?
    JKL alone is a 9 toons to relic (with him it's 10). That's mean he's alone 2.5 groups of requirement!!!

    Ok, it's only a problem if that is not a factor in the plan. (Which we dont know yet) You may be jumping the gun with that assumption.

    There was some good debate about the previous req's for the GLs, but all in all they were pretty balanced from a farming perspective.
  • WindChoke
    31 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I like it. It was about time to bring the two most powerful light and dark side characters. Just a couple of questions if a chance to reply:

    - Any insight on what would be the synergies?
    - From a lore perspective the "eternal" emperor reflects to Vitiate/Valkorion (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Vitiate). Any chance of changing it to something more related?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?

    Anyone but the GLs is fair game.

    So you see the problem?
    JKL alone is a 9 toons to relic (with him it's 10). That's mean he's alone 2.5 groups of requirement!!!
    Then go for Palp


    That may be true if one assume that JL will be a requirement for JML and not Eternal Palpatine..
    While I agree that this is the more reasonable assumtion, JL is no less reasonable to be in Eternal Palpatin requirement than Krenic for example.
    Furthermore- let's say JL will be as one GL requirement, what will the other GL requirement be to balance it?...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    WindChoke wrote: »
    I like it. It was about time to bring the two most powerful light and dark side characters. Just a couple of questions if a chance to reply:

    - Any insight on what would be the synergies?
    - From a lore perspective the "eternal" emperor reflects to Vitiate/Valkorion (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Vitiate). Any chance of changing it to something more related?

    It would make sense to have Palp synergize with Sith/FO and Luke with Jedi/Resistance, but seeing what tags and synergies they have been giving lately, pretty much anything is a fair game...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Options
    WindChoke wrote: »
    I like it. It was about time to bring the two most powerful light and dark side characters. Just a couple of questions if a chance to reply:

    - Any insight on what would be the synergies?
    - From a lore perspective the "eternal" emperor reflects to Vitiate/Valkorion (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Vitiate). Any chance of changing it to something more related?

    "Sith Eternal" Emperor, so most likely no, no changes incoming on that front.

    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sith_Eternal
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?

    Anyone but the GLs is fair game.

    So you see the problem?
    JKL alone is a 9 toons to relic (with him it's 10). That's mean he's alone 2.5 groups of requirement!!!

    Ok, it's only a problem if that is not a factor in the plan. (Which we dont know yet) You may be jumping the gun with that assumption.

    There was some good debate about the previous req's for the GLs, but all in all they were pretty balanced from a farming perspective.

    I will agree with you if the requirement for one of the GL will be 2.5 groups (of 4)+JKL.
    But I believe we can both agree that it is much more reasonable it'll be 4 groups...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?

    Anyone but the GLs is fair game.

    So you see the problem?
    JKL alone is a 9 toons to relic (with him it's 10). That's mean he's alone 2.5 groups of requirement!!!

    Ok, it's only a problem if that is not a factor in the plan. (Which we dont know yet) You may be jumping the gun with that assumption.

    There was some good debate about the previous req's for the GLs, but all in all they were pretty balanced from a farming perspective.

    I will agree with you if the requirement for one of the GL will be 2.5 groups (of 4)+JKL.
    But I believe we can both agree that it is much more reasonable it'll be 4 groups...

    I will agree that they will be equal between the 2, and they should be on par with the previous 2, due to them being on similar power levels.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?

    Anyone but the GLs is fair game.

    So you see the problem?
    JKL alone is a 9 toons to relic (with him it's 10). That's mean he's alone 2.5 groups of requirement!!!

    Ok, it's only a problem if that is not a factor in the plan. (Which we dont know yet) You may be jumping the gun with that assumption.

    There was some good debate about the previous req's for the GLs, but all in all they were pretty balanced from a farming perspective.

    I will agree with you if the requirement for one of the GL will be 2.5 groups (of 4)+JKL.
    But I believe we can both agree that it is much more reasonable it'll be 4 groups...

    Or both require JKL.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    As a day 1 player and ftp I've never felt so far behind. I'm 45 shards short of raddus for gl rey, none of the requirements from the 13 for gl kylo achieved as yet, decent empire and sith except for the 2 sith ships which I haven't even touched so they're stuck at 0/30. It's the first time that quitting this game has entered my head. The requirements for gls are too much.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Options
    avihas wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?

    Anyone but the GLs is fair game.

    So you see the problem?
    JKL alone is a 9 toons to relic (with him it's 10). That's mean he's alone 2.5 groups of requirement!!!
    Then go for Palp


    That may be true if one assume that JL will be a requirement for JML and not Eternal Palpatine..
    While I agree that this is the more reasonable assumtion, JL is no less reasonable to be in Eternal Palpatin requirement than Krenic for example.
    Furthermore- let's say JL will be as one GL requirement, what will the other GL requirement be to balance it?...

    Then go for Rey / SLKR

    Each GL should be roughly equal in terms of power and you have four to choose from — go for whatever you deem isn’t too demanding

    You have lots of options here
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?

    Anyone but the GLs is fair game.

    So you see the problem?
    JKL alone is a 9 toons to relic (with him it's 10). That's mean he's alone 2.5 groups of requirement!!!
    Then go for Palp


    That may be true if one assume that JL will be a requirement for JML and not Eternal Palpatine..
    While I agree that this is the more reasonable assumtion, JL is no less reasonable to be in Eternal Palpatin requirement than Krenic for example.
    Furthermore- let's say JL will be as one GL requirement, what will the other GL requirement be to balance it?...

    Then go for Rey / SLKR

    Each GL should be roughly equal in terms of power and you have four to choose from — go for whatever you deem isn’t too demanding

    You have lots of options here

    Well that is already not the case between rey and slkr, so good luck with 2 new ones in that equation
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    As a day 1 player and ftp I've never felt so far behind. I'm 45 shards short of raddus for gl rey, none of the requirements from the 13 for gl kylo achieved as yet, decent empire and sith except for the 2 sith ships which I haven't even touched so they're stuck at 0/30. It's the first time that quitting this game has entered my head. The requirements for gls are too much.

    Some non-day one full F2P players have both GL
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?

    Anyone but the GLs is fair game.

    So you see the problem?
    JKL alone is a 9 toons to relic (with him it's 10). That's mean he's alone 2.5 groups of requirement!!!
    Then go for Palp


    That may be true if one assume that JL will be a requirement for JML and not Eternal Palpatine..
    While I agree that this is the more reasonable assumtion, JL is no less reasonable to be in Eternal Palpatin requirement than Krenic for example.
    Furthermore- let's say JL will be as one GL requirement, what will the other GL requirement be to balance it?...

    Then go for Rey / SLKR

    Each GL should be roughly equal in terms of power and you have four to choose from — go for whatever you deem isn’t too demanding

    You have lots of options here

    "Roughly equal" still allows for some difference. And it's reasonable to expect the new thing to have an edge over the old thing.
  • Options
    Now we need a Sith Fanatic character to heal and revive Grandpappy Palp!
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Just to confirm, GL Rey or GL Kylo will not be required for the new Galactic Legend Luke or Emperor. These Galactic Legends will around the same power level as the previous ones.

    How about JKL? will he be needed?

    Anyone but the GLs is fair game.

    So you see the problem?
    JKL alone is a 9 toons to relic (with him it's 10). That's mean he's alone 2.5 groups of requirement!!!
    Then go for Palp


    That may be true if one assume that JL will be a requirement for JML and not Eternal Palpatine..
    While I agree that this is the more reasonable assumtion, JL is no less reasonable to be in Eternal Palpatin requirement than Krenic for example.
    Furthermore- let's say JL will be as one GL requirement, what will the other GL requirement be to balance it?...

    Then go for Rey / SLKR

    Each GL should be roughly equal in terms of power and you have four to choose from — go for whatever you deem isn’t too demanding

    You have lots of options here

    "Roughly equal" still allows for some difference. And it's reasonable to expect the new thing to have an edge over the old thing.
    Yes but the new thing requires a character that requires 9 relic toons which is a tougher pill to swallow

    So you can choose to go for that edge and take a bigger leap or don’t and go for a less stronger but still meta-relevant toon
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    As a day 1 player and ftp I've never felt so far behind. I'm 45 shards short of raddus for gl rey, none of the requirements from the 13 for gl kylo achieved as yet, decent empire and sith except for the 2 sith ships which I haven't even touched so they're stuck at 0/30. It's the first time that quitting this game has entered my head. The requirements for gls are too much.

    Some non-day one full F2P players have both GL

    Maybe but that's purely down to luck. As a meta chaser, you didnt need reys falcon or rose, sf tie pilot etc etc. You're only as close as your biggest farm and I should imagine 90% will have to farm a toon from scratch.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    As a day 1 player and ftp I've never felt so far behind. I'm 45 shards short of raddus for gl rey, none of the requirements from the 13 for gl kylo achieved as yet, decent empire and sith except for the 2 sith ships which I haven't even touched so they're stuck at 0/30. It's the first time that quitting this game has entered my head. The requirements for gls are too much.

    Some non-day one full F2P players have both GL

    Maybe but that's purely down to luck. As a meta chaser, you didnt need reys falcon or rose, sf tie pilot etc etc. You're only as close as your biggest farm and I should imagine 90% will have to farm a toon from scratch.

    No luck needed. They were also meta chasers. As a day one player you should’ve had all the ships and toons farmed before they introduced relic materials on Cantina
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Clicked wrong thread
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    As a day 1 player and ftp I've never felt so far behind. I'm 45 shards short of raddus for gl rey, none of the requirements from the 13 for gl kylo achieved as yet, decent empire and sith except for the 2 sith ships which I haven't even touched so they're stuck at 0/30. It's the first time that quitting this game has entered my head. The requirements for gls are too much.

    Some non-day one full F2P players have both GL

    Maybe but that's purely down to luck. As a meta chaser, you didnt need reys falcon or rose, sf tie pilot etc etc. You're only as close as your biggest farm and I should imagine 90% will have to farm a toon from scratch.

    No luck needed. They were also meta chasers. As a day one player you should’ve had all the ships and toons farmed before they introduced relic materials on Cantina

    You'll have to remind my why I should've had all fo and half the res as a meta chaser. Never been anywhere near meta.
    Next you'll be telling me I should've had marauders and assassins ships which I'll be amazed if they're not needed.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is garbage. No meaningful content since LS GeoTB but hey let’s release two more GL’s. Nobody wanted more kraken wall toons. Take the licensing from CG. They are awful at this. No trust. No money on my end. Ever again. @CG_SBCrumb relay that you gouts are terrible at your jobs and have no idea what this community wants

    You don't speak for everyone. I will spend zero money when I get JML.

    And how much will you spend before that?

    Zero.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is garbage. No meaningful content since LS GeoTB but hey let’s release two more GL’s. Nobody wanted more kraken wall toons. Take the licensing from CG. They are awful at this. No trust. No money on my end. Ever again. @CG_SBCrumb relay that you gouts are terrible at your jobs and have no idea what this community wants

    You don't speak for everyone. I will spend zero money when I get JML.

    And how much will you spend before that?

    You dont need to spend anything to have both current GL.

    However the issue TVF will face is without slkr he won't get top 10 hstr rewards. Which makes hoarding resources a bit slower.

    There are ways around this, including

    dropping to a lower guild

    mercing

    farming g12+ gear from fleet

    buying g12+ gear with crystals, get2, and/or shard shop currency.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Devian
    672 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    baldwinrye wrote: »
    I think it would greatly benefit the community if the devs or Kyno will confirm that SKLR and Rey WILL NOT be required to unlock the new GLs.
    You wish
    Eternal Emperor fought both Kylo and Rey and he su(ked midihlorians of them both. So... just prepare for the worst.

    Think of the most horrible Situation, like JMluke gonna require GL Rey + Hluke + HJ Leia + some of the roster on GL Kylo and Pal gonna require GL Rey + GL Kylo + 2 legendary Imperials
    + some new toons
    this way you won't be 'surprised'
  • Options
    I'm going to take an unpopular track here and actually argue that more GLs is a good thing (or at least has the potential to be).

    GOOD:
    • The more GLs we have, the closer every player will be to having the correct mix of characters. Players who had FO and Resistance already heavily geared were the lucky winners previously, while it looks like Empire/Rebel fans are the likely beneficiaries here.
    • Better meta diversity. With a limit of one GL per squad, and a promise of similar power to Rey and SLKR, this could lead us to a much more interesting and dynamic arena experience.
    • The new marquees have been an opportunity to reinvigorate dead factions like Rogue One and Imperial Troopers. Mon Mothma, 3Pac, and Piett all look like worthwhile farms.
    • Overlapping requirements with other GLs and Jedi Luke, with the highest relic levels on the most useful characters.
    • The Emperor and Luke are more universally loved characters than Rey and Kylo.
    • LSTB should be easier with another high-powered Jedi.

    BAD:
    • Relics on obsolete characters like Royal Guard and Krennic. Royal Guard is a least a crew member on a solid ship, but Krennic is painful, especially with no gear crunch relief in sight.
    • TW and GAC matchmaking is going to get even uglier in the short-term, with more matches where one side can't even get past the first territory.
    • Overlapping requirements make it difficult to change track; if you went SLKR but need to up your LSTB game, you are now very far away.
    • Feels too soon. This is obviously anecdotal, but with the lack of new things to do and the tepid response to Galactic Challenges, asking us for more money feels a big crass.

    The TBA:
    • We don't know the rest of the requirements. They could be ugly - like Tusken ugly.
    • We don't know anything about the event. The first GL relied heavily on the dyad between Rey and Kylo, whereas here you have two non-combatant characters that never shared any screen time. Hopefully that leads to an event that feels less copy-paste.
    • While others may disagree, I kind of like that the game now feels like you can't have everything; rather you have to commit to a direction and understand the strength and weaknesses of your decision. I think this will lead to less mirror metas and hopefully less pressure to "keep up with the krakens" as well. While there are obviously players with bottomless pockets, I foresee a future where it's acceptable for whales and dolphins to not have every GL.

    I think there's potential here if CG makes a substantially better event, tunes the new GLs correctly (so that they don't blow away the previous ones), and puts a bit more effort into touching up some of the weaker required characters. I'm not confident in any of those things, but I'm not going to slam something I haven't seen yet. I'll reserve my snark for Galactic Challenges, the delightful stillborn content of 2020.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is garbage. No meaningful content since LS GeoTB but hey let’s release two more GL’s. Nobody wanted more kraken wall toons. Take the licensing from CG. They are awful at this. No trust. No money on my end. Ever again. @CG_SBCrumb relay that you gouts are terrible at your jobs and have no idea what this community wants

    You don't speak for everyone. I will spend zero money when I get JML.

    And how much will you spend before that?

    You dont need to spend anything to have both current GL.

    However the issue TVF will face is without slkr he won't get top 10 hstr rewards. Which makes hoarding resources a bit slower.

    There are ways around this, including

    dropping to a lower guild

    mercing

    farming g12+ gear from fleet

    buying g12+ gear with crystals, get2, and/or shard shop currency.

    Dropping to a lower guild is a terrible option. Why should players need to leave a guild of people they’ve played with for potentially years to have a chance at certain gear. Perhaps the problem isn’t the player but the reward structure of the raid itself???

    G12+ in fleet has terrible drop rates. I usually see between 18-20% on those and when you need 600+ of the mark twelve furnaces....that’s a lot of energy and node rolls.

    Again, all the currency is finite. Especially if you drop to a lower guild you will get less Get2 currency and that’s assuming you have both capital ships done already or at least unlocked.

    Bottom line is that this is not the time for new GL’s when their shiny new GC’s need several fixes and they’ve done next to nothing to ease the gear crunch. Pushing more meta breaking characters that require hard R5 reqs is not the way to win over your player base. Especially when those reqs are paywall toons who aren’t even farmable yet (looking at you piett and mothma)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is garbage. No meaningful content since LS GeoTB but hey let’s release two more GL’s. Nobody wanted more kraken wall toons. Take the licensing from CG. They are awful at this. No trust. No money on my end. Ever again. @CG_SBCrumb relay that you gouts are terrible at your jobs and have no idea what this community wants

    You don't speak for everyone. I will spend zero money when I get JML.

    And how much will you spend before that?

    You dont need to spend anything to have both current GL.

    However the issue TVF will face is without slkr he won't get top 10 hstr rewards. Which makes hoarding resources a bit slower.

    There are ways around this, including

    dropping to a lower guild

    mercing

    farming g12+ gear from fleet

    buying g12+ gear with crystals, get2, and/or shard shop currency.

    While I agree that these are all viable "work-arounds" for players (and, full disclosure, I have engaged in each of the 4 you mention at times), people shouldn't have to leave their guilds to work around poor game design.

    Honestly, if CG simply restructured HSith rewards (again) similar to Pit and AAT - and what they were - (i.e. chances for full g12 drops outside of the top 10), there would be little need to do so. This is one example of a problem being made worse by a CG "fix" when it could have been avoided, or even improved.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
Sign In or Register to comment.