Is JKL gonna be required for either of the new GLs?

Prev134567
StarStalker
16 posts Member
edited October 2020
Simple question and with JKLuke coming around soon,it would be fair for CG to clarify this just as they clarified that neither Rey or Kylo will be needed for new GLs.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    If not, CG's not thinking money
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I mean I see no reason that any of the Lukes are not far game. Maybe even all of them.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I mean I see no reason that any of the Lukes are not far game. Maybe even all of them.

So you see no problem with JKL,a toon that requires dozen reliced toons to be unlocked,be one of the reqs for,lets say,GMLS?What would be Emperor counterpart for that requirement?
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options
    I would be shocked if he wasn't required.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

So you see no problem with JKL,a toon that requires dozen reliced toons to be unlocked,be one of the reqs for,lets say,GMLS?What would be Emperor counterpart for that requirement?

I don't see the problem. JKL is a pretty solid toon too. We might get more freebies like Hermit Yoda etc as relics to offset some of the difficulty behind JKL
  • Options
    Genpaku408 wrote: »

Keep in mind JKL cannot be purchased for any amount of money by a large percentage of the player base (he’s behind a GET wall). They will make less money from new players if he is required.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I’d say for both
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Keep in mind JKL cannot be purchased for any amount of money by a large percentage of the player base (he’s behind a GET wall). They will make less money from new players if he is required.

Money is on the gear. Hoda and wampa have been in the GET store for ages, so that is not a problem.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I’d say for both
    My guess would be both or neither, not just one of them.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

JML required to unlock JML confirmed.

giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

JML isn't geared for new players
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

We don't even know his gear requirements yet!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

JML required to unlock JML confirmed.

giphy.gif

He actually IS a requirement for his event!
    ultimate mats...
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    "to unlock"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Options

No I don't see a problem with that.

*IF* - the requirement are equal, and roughly on par with the previous 2, since they are saying they will be on the same power level.

I'm sure they base all of these requirements on average farming time for the toons they select, so there is a lot of grey area and wiggle room. There is no current rebel/jedi that would fit the Piett timeline, so not having a fresh farm gives some room Luke's way.... IDK, but I can see them balancing it all out.

Edit to add: we also already see slight cross over with C3PO, that could be how they even it out too.
  • Options

Money is on the gear. Hoda and wampa have been in the GET store for ages, so that is not a problem.

Not everyone has been playing for ages. Up until now at least, most people choose using GET on Malak and GAS over Wampa and hYoda.

I mean, if he’s not that’s fine. I’m not going to complain. But you don’t know that. There are people who have played for 2 months and have Kylo or Rey (or even both in some extremely rare cases!). There’s no evidence to say CG wants GLs to be exclusive to vet players.
  • Options

No I don't see a problem with that.

*IF* - the requirement are equal, and roughly on par with the previous 2, since they are saying they will be on the same power level.

I'm sure they base all of these requirements on average farming time for the toons they select, so there is a lot of grey area and wiggle room. There is no current rebel/jedi that would fit the Piett timeline, so not having a fresh farm gives some room Luke's way.... IDK, but I can see them balancing it all out.

I don't see a problem neither, but for a different reason.

As prerequisites go, some players would prefer a good toon, even if it's hard to get, because the gear used isn't going to waste.
    Other would prefer an easy to get toon, even if it's a bad toon, because they want to collect the price faster.
    If it's different depending on gl (as it was for Rey/kylo, as Rey needed 2 legendaries and kylo only one), i guess everyone would be happy.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

I mean, if he’s not that’s fine. I’m not going to complain. But you don’t know that. There are people who have played for 2 months and have Kylo or Rey (or even both in some extremely rare cases!). There’s no evidence to say CG wants GLs to be exclusive to vet players.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    Galactic Legends are a new type of character and we start them off with the culmination of the new trilogy - the Force dyad of Rey and Kylo Ren. Many of our strongest characters are released in quick events as bursts of excitement, however we also want to diversify our event experiences. By slowly revealing the requirements and leaving the events open (once you’ve met the requirements), these events serve as a long-term goal for veteran players to work towards.

And:
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    You’ve likely noticed that the six characters we have revealed so far have varying requirement levels. For example, Rey (Jedi Training) will require Relic level 7 while Finn and Resistance Trooper require Relic 5. This is unlike how we have done requirements in the past where we asked that you clear a common minimum bar for all the units needed. As we reveal more units needed for the Galactic Legends there will continue to be varied requirement levels. Even though the requirements are not the same for all units our goal is that both of these Galactic Legends will have an equal level of effort required for the average veteran player.

They've made it clear that GL is intended for veteran players and that is why there is a lot of effort in obtaining Galactic Legends
  • Options

CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    Galactic Legends are a new type of character and we start them off with the culmination of the new trilogy - the Force dyad of Rey and Kylo Ren. Many of our strongest characters are released in quick events as bursts of excitement, however we also want to diversify our event experiences. By slowly revealing the requirements and leaving the events open (once you’ve met the requirements), these events serve as a long-term goal for veteran players to work towards.

And:
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    You’ve likely noticed that the six characters we have revealed so far have varying requirement levels. For example, Rey (Jedi Training) will require Relic level 7 while Finn and Resistance Trooper require Relic 5. This is unlike how we have done requirements in the past where we asked that you clear a common minimum bar for all the units needed. As we reveal more units needed for the Galactic Legends there will continue to be varied requirement levels. Even though the requirements are not the same for all units our goal is that both of these Galactic Legends will have an equal level of effort required for the average veteran player.

They've made it clear that GL is intended for veteran players and that is why there is a lot of effort in obtaining Galactic Legends

You’ve given examples of the past 2 GLs, both of which required no hard to obtain characters. Lots of new players are going directly for them, and they have the option of doing so. Every one of those characters can be immediately purchased. JKL cannot, even if his event is up. I’m not saying the new GLs will be the same way, only that it’s silly to assume they won’t be.
  • Options
    I am 4.8mil GP, have 7* Malak, Gas, uRey, and will unlock SLKR tomorrow.

I am 83/85 for Hoda and 75/85 for Wampa. I will not be able to get JKLS any time soon because of this... If they lock me out of the next two GL because of this, that is a poor business model as Bulldog has said. If they let me buy Hoda/Wampa, then that would make sense, but they clearly didn't decide to for his first release...
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Options

CG_SBCrumb wrote:

And:
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:

You’ve given examples of the past 2 GLs, both of which required no hard to obtain characters. Lots of new players are going directly for them, and they have the option of doing so. Every one of those characters can be immediately purchased. JKL cannot, even if his event is up. I’m not saying the new GLs will be the same way, only that it’s silly to assume they won’t be.
    Both posts talk about the Galactic Legends event structure. Believe what you want. We'll know all the requirements in 4 weeks. Don't be surprised if JKL is required for one or both of these events because.... we told you so

It doesn't seem like a big stretch to me, and seems reasonable enough to include him.
  • Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »

I am 83/85 for Hoda and 75/85 for Wampa. I will not be able to get JKLS any time soon because of this... If they lock me out of the next two GL because of this, that is a poor business model as Bulldog has said. If they let me buy Hoda/Wampa, then that would make sense, but they clearly didn't decide to for his first release...

Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing? I don’t have GLRey, but I have everything you said, plus Hoda/Wampa at 7* r3. I also have just under 4.7mil gp.
  • Options

CG_SBCrumb wrote:

And:
    CG_SBCrumb wrote:

Both posts talk about the Galactic Legends event structure. Believe what you want. We'll know all the requirements in 4 weeks. Don't be surprised if JKL is required for one or both of these events because.... we told you so

It doesn't seem like a big stretch to me, and seems reasonable enough to include him.

I won’t be surprised whatsoever if he’s included. I’m not making a prediction either way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I dont think they will make him required because there is no toon like that on the other side....unless they make him required for both......which now that I think about...yup, he will be required for both.

That would make sense too.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I dont think they will make him required because there is no toon like that on the other side....unless they make him required for both......which now that I think about...yup, he will be required for both.

Definitely a solid possibility. But I'm sure many of us are ready for JKL the next time he appears. After that it'll be dealing with Piett and Threepachew as the challenge, along with the other marquee toons we've gotten that they'll tag as requirements.
  • Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »

Shoulda whaled harder
This discussion has been closed.