Your TM fix broke the game.

Replies

  • Um...yes it certainly does
  • TVF
    30974 posts Member
    Ok. Good chat.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thanks
  • Kyno
    31465 posts Moderator
    Pan2218 wrote: »
    I like the game too & have been playing for years. The TM "fix" royally did mess things up. There are so many things wrong that it is impossible to count. If this really was the case, why didn't they do it years ago? They said it has been running impaired for that duration.

    Again, as I said earlier, if so many things are broken, it should be simple for you to answer:

    Can you give an example of what is broken?

    Sorry if you dont like the position I am taking, I am just trying to gather enough information to effectively convey the issue to the people who can make changes.
    Pan2218 wrote: »
    Tm overload & speed effects everything

    Speed yes, 100% effects everything. TM overshoot doesn't, the only team/characters that gain overshoot are ones with TM gain.
  • TVF
    30974 posts Member
    I might be wrong, but it feels like OP doesn't actually understand how TM overflow works.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    I like the game too & have been playing for years. The TM "fix" royally did mess things up. There are so many things wrong that it is impossible to count. If this really was the case, why didn't they do it years ago? They said it has been running impaired for that duration.

    you don't have to count them, just name one. Or preferably 2
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • When OP has made several suggestions or factions & gets the same 🤷‍♂️
  • when 333 Greef + 25 speed cant even take a turn because rebels are going crazy out of tm...hmmm try Sith with GC...If you are faster, you are lying
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    when 333 Greef + 25 speed cant even take a turn because rebels are going crazy out of tm...hmmm try Sith with GC...If you are faster, you are lying

    meaning faster than Rebels of course. Wanted to make that clear
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    When OP has made several suggestions or factions & gets the same 🤷‍♂️
    You have not made “several suggestions”.

    You’ve given one example about Vader’s Merciless Massacre being interrupted, and have simply stated that GR, FO and Rebels are affected. And NS.

    Then you’ve mentioned 333 Greef vs rebels (I’m assuming this is in the Rebel roundup assault battle) and Sith in GC.

    Still short on specifics, though.
  • That is the exact definition of several
  • you are looking for something that needs nothing to find
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    you are looking for something that needs nothing to find
    - what’s wrong with NS? You’ve said they’re broken but provided no details
    - What’s wrong with FO? You’ve mentioned them but again provided no details.
    - What’s wrong with GR? Other than a situation where they interrupt Vader’s Merciless Massacre?

  • Pan2218
    363 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    look bro, Kyno has already established that teams such as FO & Rebels have benefited from this. What do you want?
  • Are you telling me that you are happy watching what GR do in fleets?
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    look bro, Kyno has already eata6that teams such as FO & Rebels have benefited from this. What do you want?
    Something I’m not going to get from you, it would seem.

    I’m just looking for a concrete example, a description of a series of turns in a battle that are now definitely altered as a result of the TM overflow system. Something that used to evolve in a particular order that now evolves in a different order.
  • you have said all that I have been trying to say
  • except I get the blunt end for it
  • good luck to you
  • @Kyno please close this thread OP it lost
  • Kyno
    31465 posts Moderator
    Pan2218 wrote: »
    look bro, Kyno has already established that teams such as FO & Rebels have benefited from this. What do you want?

    An example with actual details about what is broken. That is all.

    Also those teams dont benefit, they just have a more predictable game play, that means the players can plan and strategize more. It doesnt make those teams operate better on thier own, just gives the player more control.
  • Vendi1983
    4804 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Pan2218 wrote: »
    when 333 Greef + 25 speed cant even take a turn because rebels are going crazy out of tm...hmmm try Sith with GC...If you are faster, you are lying

    If this is specifically Rebel Roundup then your whole "TM fix broke the game" claim is bunk. They start with pre-loaded turn meter to increase the difficulty of Wave 1 in particular. That's perfectly normal in specific events like that (Assault Battles, Mythics, etc)

    Remember how many people used to absolutely lose their minds over the Thrawn event Mythic tier?

    That was, what, almost 2 years before the "TM fix" that broke the game in your mind.

    CG has always used pre-loaded TM as a "gear-gate" or "team composition" gate to ensure its sufficiently difficult.

    As for Sith in GC, yeah the speed on the Rebels is really high, but it's not completely mental. Not to mention CLS' Lead and Unique both grant TM to the entire team as the battle unfolds. Nothing new there. You're simultaneously benefiting from the same "TM fix" in that battle if you're running EP.

    As for being faster in Sith GC: Yup. I was faster.

    Vader at 379 goes first (275 + 104 unique).
  • Using this GC is an example is not an effective argument seeing as how there are modifiers and other factors in play that would not otherwise be there in a normal match.

    1. As stated above the enemy team, in the higher tiers, start with preloaded turn meter so it’s extremely hard to outrun them. This is not because of the TM fix seeing as this has always been in the game. You can outrun them as also stated above. My DR is 331 and he is somewhat close to outrun ing them, I suspect Luke’s speed is somehwere in the 340-350s.

    2. The rebels have a modifier that lets them attack again if they score a critical hit. If Luke attacks 3 times in a row and scores 6 total debuffs then he effectively gains 60% turn meter and other allies gain 30% because of his unique. Obviously this will never happen in a real match

    3. The frostbite mechanic reduces speed for each stack on a toon

    You would have to provide an Arena, TW, or GAC matchup as a sufficient example. It would be all the better if you could provide all the 10 characters involved in the match and exactly what has changed since the TM fix
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Pan2218 wrote: »
    when 333 Greef + 25 speed cant even take a turn because rebels are going crazy out of tm...hmmm try Sith with GC...If you are faster, you are lying

    If this is specifically Rebel Roundup then your whole "TM fix broke the game" claim is bunk. They start with pre-loaded turn meter to increase the difficulty of Wave 1 in particular. That's perfectly normal in specific events like that (Assault Battles, Mythics, etc)

    Remember how many people used to absolutely lose their minds over the Thrawn event Mythic tier?

    That was, what, almost 2 years before the "TM fix" that broke the game in your mind.

    CG has always used pre-loaded TM as a "gear-gate" or "team composition" gate to ensure its sufficiently difficult.

    As for Sith in GC, yeah the speed on the Rebels is really high, but it's not completely mental. Not to mention CLS' Lead and Unique both grant TM to the entire team as the battle unfolds. Nothing new there. You're simultaneously benefiting from the same "TM fix" in that battle if you're running EP.

    As for being faster in Sith GC: Yup. I was faster.

    Vader at 379 goes first (275 + 104 unique).

    Dude, this convo has been floating for much longer. Understanding of interaction is not the problem. But thank you
  • I’m now completely lost.

    You say the TM Fix broke the game, but now you say the conversation has been going on longer than rebel roundup?

    You say there are so many things wrong with the TM fix that they are “impossible to count”, yet, when asked to provide a single example with anything resembling detail, you repeatedly fail or refuse to do so.

    You mentioned GR in fleets. The TM overflow change has much improved that fleet in my opinion. In the past there were several ships, including both cap ships, hitting 100% TM at the same time in mirror matches. Battles were effectively won and lost on the RNG of who went next. Now, it is much more predictable.

    This thread has effectively become a giant game of pigeon chess.
  • @DarjeloSalas think it's best you leave him too it , you will have an easier time trying to prove the world is flat, OP is not up for having his mind changed or providing any sort of coherent argument with proof of his issue .
  • There are certainly some issues with TM right now..Example would be NS vs GG droids, where GG AoE removes 30% TM from Daka after it killed 2-3 others NS (Daka should gain 150% TM) and she is left with non-full TM..happens very often.. @Kyno
  • Merailla wrote: »
    There are certainly some issues with TM right now..Example would be NS vs GG droids, where GG AoE removes 30% TM from Daka after it killed 2-3 others NS (Daka should gain 150% TM) and she is left with non-full TM..happens very often.. @Kyno

    The overflow does not act as a buffer from TM reduction it's only there to determine who will go next if two toons are at 100%.
    Also the position of the toons makes a huge difference when it comes to AOE,
    if daka is in the last slot then she will gain 150% TM when 3 NS dies but it's 100% in reality ,As she is the last NS to receive the damage and TM removal from GG she will be at 70%

    It's the same thing with 5s ,AOEs effect toons in order of their position 1-5

    So nothing has changed in this regard.

    @Merailla
  • @Merailla if you want to stop this from happening then place daka in the second slot . That way she will gain TM after loosing 30% to GG if he kills a NS with his AOE
  • Merailla
    89 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Treeburner wrote: »
    @Merailla if you want to stop this from happening then place Daka in the second slot . That way she will gain TM after loosing 30% to GG if he kills a NS with his AOE

    I know this..but this is just sad, that such an important thing is dependant on team placement..before the TM change, you wanted zombie on 2nd for that tenacity down, now you have to sacrifice it..

    It never happened to me before the TM change (or I did not notice it),but my first 2 fights vs GG after the change were complete disaster so I changed the placement..
Sign In or Register to comment.