Please renew the Arena system

Replies

• AlexanderG wrote: »
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    Fleet shards need merging. Cant fall below 50 if I tried.

Oh that easy crystal income must be a right bind.

I'd rather have to play it than it be stale.
  • How about refreshing the shards once a year or so? I downloaded and played the game for 10 minutes back in 2017. Started again in late May 2020. From what I’ve read, I’m in the same shard from when I joined in 2017. All the top players have really powerful teams. It’s gonna take me forever to crack the top 500, who knows if I’ll ever be able to get top 100.
  • heateris wrote: »
    How about refreshing the shards once a year or so? I downloaded and played the game for 10 minutes back in 2017. Started again in late May 2020. From what I’ve read, I’m in the same shard from when I joined in 2017. All the top players have really powerful teams. It’s gonna take me forever to crack the top 500, who knows if I’ll ever be able to get top 100.

Not true. If you only played for 10 minutes in 2017, you wouldn't have gotten far enough to unlock arena. Your shard is selected at that time not when you first play.

And even if you played for a few weeks in 2017 and unlocked arena, it is easy enough to start over at that point. You only lose a few weeks of progress.

But even in a new shard, you will be behind for several months unless you spend. With the hyperdrive bundle $100 gets you immediately to level it and a bunch of shards and gear. Enough people buy the bundle that you'll be outclassed for the 4 months or so it takes to get to level 85 and gear up a decent team.

So that is likely what you're seeing.
  • Not completely related, but I think they should increase crystal payout for completing daily activities. If we got an extra 100 crystals from that a day, it wouldn't make a dent in how much the big spenders spend but it would help make FTP more bearable. Also, people at the top of arena would still get 400-500 more crystals (just in SA) than those who can't reach high ranks, but the ratio of daily crystals would be a bit better for most.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    What if the people in the shard chat don't let you join the club?

Make your own Club.
    Work around them.
    Negotiate with them.

So instead of teaming up with them, which they don't respond to messages, you suggest making an alt gang and taking them on? Interesting...
  • Would rather a new game mode that rewards crystals.
  • Xlor1 wrote: »
    Fleet shards need merging. Cant fall below 50 if I tried.

Same here, there are plenty without guilds because they've been kicked out and haven't logged in for weeks. They sit around rank 20-30 with 5-7* nego fleets. Im pretty sure in my shard there's only about 10-15 active players. We dont even have a shard chat. I'm a 5.5mill gp player.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Make your own Club.
    Work around them.
    Negotiate with them.

So instead of teaming up with them, which they don't respond to messages, you suggest making an alt gang and taking them on? Interesting...

If they don't respond to messages (and you tried messaging all of them) you can rule my 3rd suggestion out. Leaves you with the 2 others - or whatever other options you prefer.

Make your own Club.
    Work around them.
    Negotiate with them.

If they don't respond to messages (and you tried messaging all of them) you can rule my 3rd suggestion out. Leaves you with the 2 others - or whatever other options you prefer.

I think I would prefer a shake up, make things interesting.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Make your own Club.
    Work around them.
    Negotiate with them.

Good luck with that.
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    i stay out from arena chat out of virtue, i find it wrong and unfair to some, in perfect world you can play together, in reality there are some bad apples on the tree..

So because there are some bad apples in shard chats, you won't participate? People cheat in this game, you still play it.
    Most are not about hurting anyone. They're actually there for the benefit of the group. By organizing payout times there's more resources for everyone. If you can make it to that point, more power to you.
  • Git gud
  • CG dont Care to Busy people.

Make your own Club.
    Work around them.
    Negotiate with them.

Good luck with that.

I know it wont go anywhere, just wishful thinking.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm in a "mafia" chat and in fact it is nothing more than a non-aggression pact on players in their payouts. Only if an "outsider" is attacking someone on their payout actions are taken. First of it is to communicate and if that fails for whatever reason they get attacked to protect the members at their payouts.
    Is it unfair to fight the system and spare those out, that aren't willing to cooperate? Maybe, maybe not. Is it a good feeling to not worry about your arena rank that much and to favor your nerves? Absolutely yes and i would do it again every single time. As Thrawn once said: 'I do not require glory, only results.'
    Post edited by Kisakee on
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    I'm in a "mafia" chat and in fact it is nothing more than a non-aggression pact on players in their payouts. Only if an "outsider" is attacking someone on their payout actions are taken. First of it is to communicate and if that fails for whatever reason they get attacked to protect the members at their payouts.
    Is it unfair to fight the system and spare those out, that aren't willing to cooperate? Maybe, maybe not. Is it a good feeling to not worry about your arena rank that much and to favor your nerves? Absolutely yes and i would do it again every single time. As Thrawn once said: 'I do not require glory, only results.'

What is the person doesn't realise they are attacking someone on their payout while trying to get their own?
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »

What is the person doesn't realise they are attacking someone on their payout while trying to get their own?

Then they should do their homework. Contact people to find out, or just check gg.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Then they should do their homework. Contact people to find out, or just check gg.

So the person who isn't in the shard chat should check first rather the people in the chat or risk "action" being taken. Doesn't seem particularly equitable.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

So the person who isn't in the shard chat should check first rather the people in the chat or risk "action" being taken. Doesn't seem particularly equitable.

I think most of the people here are suggesting that if someone in their shard chat is sniped, then the snipee reaches out to the sniper and negotiates. While I'm not a big fan of the shard chats, I feel this communication (if it happens) is good and promotes teamwork. Sure, there are "mafia" chats, no doubt, but it sounds like most shard chats are of the "non-aggression pact" types.
  • One should always be open blank slating old systems when it could be that they have served their purpose
    Arena is the logical gaming glue that holds a shard of players together, and shards don't just out-compete, they age from player resignation. How much the consequences of long-term aging were considered when the original design was is unknown, but we have surely learned more of the consequences now that we are swimming in them.

I understand people saying don't touch current arena, but at the same time you are implicitly saying either:
    - CG did everything right to begin with and their intentions have been fulfilled
    - CG made a game mode with shortcomings but we should not try to change
    - CG outperformed their original intentions and you don't fix something that is outperforming.

I'd rather go with CG made a game mode with shortcomings and they should try and change. What changes? I'd leave that up to the current plethora of feedback they have and their own decision process. As it stands this is a great game. Massive shortcomings considering its potential.

I just think we need constant parallel but staggered Grand Arenas. Everytime you log in you should be able to have full Grand Arena battles at your will. That's what I would like to see.
  • One of the greatest feelings of relief in this game is when you realize that because Arena is a mafia, you can just ignore it. I do two fights a day, often just retreating on my first go. Finish in the 150-200 payout region, and the stress melts away.

Win for GAC feats, which is certainly easier at that range, and don't bother with shard chats. Do this 5 times Saturday and Sunday throughout the day for guild contribution, but otherwise stop stressing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member

Arena is not equitable. If they want to avoid getting hit at an inconvenient time, then yes they should make an effort.

I am in a chat and I will sometimes check gg on someone not in the chat. But if you aren't in a chat you shouldn't rely on everyone being as nice as I am.

Arena is not equitable. If they want to avoid getting hit at an inconvenient time, then yes they should make an effort.

I am in a chat and I will sometimes check gg on someone not in the chat. But if you aren't in a chat you shouldn't rely on everyone being as nice as I am.

Seems like a few people that are only really interested in themselves and yet deciding what the rules are for for anyone else. But go ahead and convince yourself otherwise.
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member

Seems like a few people that are only really interested in themselves and yet deciding what the rules are for for anyone else. But go ahead and convince yourself otherwise.

There's over 100 people in our chat and only a few outside the chat that even get inside the top 30.

Last time someone hit me that was outside the chat, I messaged them and they're now in the chat.

But yeah we're all awful, agreed.

There's over 100 people in our chat and only a few outside the chat that even get inside the top 30.

Last time someone hit me that was outside the chat, I messaged them and they're now in the chat.

But yeah we're all awful, agreed.

Anecdotal
  • the main problem in my arena is that it is a toxic chat. I asked them what time their pay was so as not to disturb, I don't even demand the first position. I just want to increase my earnings without disturbing anyone. The only thing they do is annoy me and attack me when it is not their time. There is only one person who charges at the same time as me. I think I have the same right to collect as they do, but they won't let me. A shame xd
  • I'm not sure why there is so much hate on for the idea.

It basically comes down to 1 change.

"Track Data for XYZ Acct & pull Rank at 6PM (Payout) time exactly"
    v/s
    "Track same Data for XYZ Acct & pull Rank for highest place for last 24 hours"

Given they already have all that historical data on file, all it comes down to is grabbing the highest score in 24 hours instead of the score at 6PM.

It seems like a minor code change to me.

I think its a great idea.

It would allow you to do your 5 attacks at different times of the day depending on when YOU are free to do so & that might be different depending on the day of the week.

Changing your PO time is possible but it still leaves you stuck w/ a single time every day instead of being able to change up your schedule.

You'd get the actual payout at your end of day change over or even delay it an hour. Pull Midnight to Midnight & then do P/O at 1AM so its there when you wake up. Walla!

I think it would be a great QoL improvement.
This discussion has been closed.