Please renew the Arena system

13Next

Replies

• If cg would just shuffle the arena shards and hide everyone's names that would stop all the **** bullying that currently happens. But alas they do not care since the current system encourages people to spend crystals for refreshes.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    I'm not sure why there is so much hate on for the idea.

It basically comes down to 1 change.

"Track Data for XYZ Acct & pull Rank at 6PM (Payout) time exactly"
    v/s
    "Track same Data for XYZ Acct & pull Rank for highest place for last 24 hours"

Given they already have all that historical data on file, all it comes down to is grabbing the highest score in 24 hours instead of the score at 6PM.

It seems like a minor code change to me.

I think its a great idea.

It would allow you to do your 5 attacks at different times of the day depending on when YOU are free to do so & that might be different depending on the day of the week.

Changing your PO time is possible but it still leaves you stuck w/ a single time every day instead of being able to change up your schedule.

You'd get the actual payout at your end of day change over or even delay it an hour. Pull Midnight to Midnight & then do P/O at 1AM so its there when you wake up. Walla!

I think it would be a great QoL improvement.

Won't ever happen because they'd pay out way more crystals this way.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Also, what are your shard chats like?

I got an invite to mine & seriously, there is very little going on in it.

Basically it came down to we all put in our P/O times & since we can see each others schedule we TRY not to hit each other right before or during that person's payout.

Which honestly makes things easier.
    The last thing I want to do is go forward only to find out that person hits me right back because its his/her P/O hour too.
    That just ends up wasting both our times.

I've never seen some nefarious conversation about grouping up & hitting someone that isn't in the chat.
    But maybe mine is unusual.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    the main problem in my arena is that it is a toxic chat. I asked them what time their pay was so as not to disturb, I don't even demand the first position. I just want to increase my earnings without disturbing anyone. The only thing they do is annoy me and attack me when it is not their time. There is only one person who charges at the same time as me. I think I have the same right to collect as they do, but they won't let me. A shame xd

The same right l? Everyone has the same right to hit anyone within their range at any time they like.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    If cg would just shuffle the arena shards and hide everyone's names that would stop all the **** bullying that currently happens. But alas they do not care since the current system encourages people to spend crystals for refreshes.
    And your proposal would eliminate the need for crystal refreshes? Easily one of the worst suggestions.

If you have trouble staying close to top 20 outside of a shard chat, in a reshuffled shard with 0 coordination you might not even break top 50, if not top 100.
  • QuickGoneJim
    192 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    the main problem in my arena is that it is a toxic chat. I asked them what time their pay was so as not to disturb, I don't even demand the first position. I just want to increase my earnings without disturbing anyone. The only thing they do is annoy me and attack me when it is not their time. There is only one person who charges at the same time as me. I think I have the same right to collect as they do, but they won't let me. A shame xd

They let you join but still knock you back? Strange.

I am member of shard chat groups in squad and fleet arena. Of course its comfortable for me and both my arenas are not particularly competitive.

But one should not fail to acknowledge that cooperation is usually limited to a few dozen people because many don´t want to maintain complex rotation schemes that decrease average payout. So all the people that claim shard chats are generally good for the game should think about that.

Not everyone needs to be in a shard group though. If you monitor who climbs and who is inactive around your own payout you can manage to sneak to higher ranks given your arena is not full of guys who are always online and knock everyone back. In my arena we are fine with people who fit in and if things work there is no need to have them in the shard chat group. Since many deactivated in-game contacts often we dont care to find out how to get in touch with someone. If you really want to be member at least turn this functionality on.

As some pointed out here most changes would lead to higher payouts. No chance this will happen. Arena was designed to be like Black Friday sales in the old days: a huge crowd trying to grab something while climbing over each other. I think this is a primitive mode of competition but its what we have got. And chart groups are indeed the most efficient way to get around this. For a limited number of people.
  • the main problem in my arena is that it is a toxic chat. I asked them what time their pay was so as not to disturb, I don't even demand the first position. I just want to increase my earnings without disturbing anyone. The only thing they do is annoy me and attack me when it is not their time. There is only one person who charges at the same time as me. I think I have the same right to collect as they do, but they won't let me. A shame xd

They let you join but still knock you back? Strange.

I am member of shard chat groups in squad and fleet arena. Of course its comfortable for me and both my arenas are not particularly competitive.

But one should not fail to acknowledge that cooperation is usually limited to a few dozen people because many don´t want to maintain complex rotation schemes that decrease average payout. So all the people that claim shard chats are generally good for the game should think about that.

Not everyone needs to be in a shard group though. If you monitor who climbs and who is inactive around your own payout you can manage to sneak to higher ranks given your arena is not full of guys who are always online and knock everyone back. In my arena we are fine with people who fit in and if things work there is no need to have them in the shard chat group. Since many deactivated in-game contacts often we dont care to find out how to get in touch with someone. If you really want to be member at least turn this functionality on.

As some pointed out here most changes would lead to higher payouts. No chance this will happen. Arena was designed to be like Black Friday sales in the old days: a huge crowd trying to grab something while climbing over each other. I think this is a primitive mode of competition but its what we have got. And chart groups are indeed the most efficient way to get around this. For a limited number of people.

They have not let me in, the only thing they do is disturb.
    Yes, I do that, I try to go up without knocking down anyone who has the payout at my time but it does not matter, there is always someone willing to bother me.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    "Get better mods" doesn't work at the top of arena where everyone can win.
  • Verror
    18 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Lol. You obviously have no idea on how a ‘mafia’ works. A mafia would say ‘give me 200 crystals if you don’t want to get hit by everyone’.
    The way shard chats work is more like a gentleman agreement. If you don’t behave lik a ****, you will be let in.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Verror wrote: »
    Lol. You obviously have no idea on how a ‘mafia’ works. A mafia would say ‘give me 200 crystals if you don’t want to get hit by everyone’.
    The way shard chats work is more like a gentleman agreement. If you don’t behave lik a ****, you will be let in.

That's how most shard chats work, yes. However, we've seen evidence that not all shard chats are friendly like yours.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Waqui wrote: »

That's how most shard chats work, yes. However, we've seen evidence that not all shard chats are friendly like yours.

There is always two sides to a story — we usually hear from one side of things
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

There is always two sides to a story

My side, and the wrong side.
  • Ultra wrote: »

I always find it funny that when you are in a chat, you are just getting your PO. If you are outside a chat, you are sniping and the **** preventing others from getting their PO.

If the shard chat was an open system where everyone was invited then IMO it's a good thing. The problem is when the shards chats don't allow those for coming in because they see the outsider as a hostile, when in fact they are simply trying to maximize their crystal PO and have an equal right to their PO as anyone else.

• Well, you all live in a Disney world. I climbed to #1, got a message telling me I was going to die a fiery death, and in response I said hey, let me join the shard chat. The guy denied there was a shard chat. Was contacted by someone else later, saying the shard chat people (which of course existed) were all nuts and wouldn’t let anyone else join. So, I’m stuck in this little 3rd grade world. The solution for me is do the same thing as POs — let me change shards if I want to.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »

I always find it funny that when you are in a chat, you are just getting your PO. If you are outside a chat, you are sniping and the **** preventing others from getting their PO.

If the shard chat was an open system where everyone was invited then IMO it's a good thing. The problem is when the shards chats don't allow those for coming in because they see the outsider as a hostile, when in fact they are simply trying to maximize their crystal PO and have an equal right to their PO as anyone else.
    It’s usually because the outsider refuses to cooperate

They are only hostile if they reach out and you refuse them and bother them when it’s their PO while yours is still 4-8 hours away
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Keyword: Evidence.
  • Ultra wrote: »

They are only hostile if they reach out and you refuse them and bother them when it’s their PO while yours is still 4-8 hours away

How would they know how to cooperate if they aren't allowed in the shard chat? In my experiences they didn't know any better and are just trying to reach their PO. It's a completely different discussion if the outsider reached out, was invited in, and then refused to cooperate.

If you read the board about most of the complaints, the OP has tried to reach out and they shard chat refuses to let them in.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »

How would they know how to cooperate if they aren't allowed in the shard chat? In my experiences they didn't know any better and are just trying to reach their PO. It's a completely different discussion if the outsider reached out, was invited in, and then refused to cooperate.

If you read the board about most of the complaints, the OP has tried to reach out and they shard chat refuses to let them in.

it's just what happens to me. I only asked that they not hit me when it was my turn just as I would not hit on his. I think it's pretty easy and it wouldn't bother anyone, but no, they've decided to bother me at all times 🤣 at least they spend refresh ..🤦🏻‍♂️
  • I take this post that I created months ago to apologize to some players in my arena who may have been offended, it was not my intention, I always wanted to have a good vibe with everyone, again, my apologies, thank you
  • No.. Because they will find a way to make it worse
    It is what it is
This discussion has been closed.