What am I doing wrong?

https://swgoh.gg/p/679417796/characters/
DS took me literally two tries. LS I can only measure in hours.
I must be doing something wrong, here:
Event starts, Malak RNG hits someone. Sometimes he taunts, sometimes he doesn't.
If he doesn't taunt, Revan goes, I attack droids with Bastila. If he does taunt, I pass TM to Bastila and clean up taunt.
I always attack droids.
I buff Mission with Bastila and Jolee.
I heal Z with Jolee and Bastila if his health is low.
I throw armor on Malak.
I let Malak have crit immunity.
I wear droids down, attacking pods between droid rotations.
If RNG is kind to me, Malak enters the last stage with 20 stacks and glitched droids.
My runs almost always end with Malak enraged and 99% of the time droids are glitched out after pods are killed.

I know I need Mission's zeta. I'm working towards that. No, I'm not buffing temporary mods.
What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• M/z zetas when I did LS were needed, also lower geared. Think this what I followed; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW__HH_1ZVA
    Well, hell I ain't no politician; kissing **** just ain't my style.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Mostly mods, they are horrible. You want something like this:
    JKR - as much offense as possible, +100 speed from mods, Crit Damage primary triangle, Offense primary cross
    Bastila - same as JKR
    Jolee - as durable as possible (Health + Protection, +80 speed from mods
    Big Z - as much Crit Chance as possible, +90 speed from mods, Crit Chance primary triangle, Protection primary cross and circle (make his Protection as high as possible ans his Health as low as possible!). You may want him to be G12, this will make things easier
    Mission - don't use her at all
    T3 - as durable as possible, +as much speed secondaries as possible

The plan:
    Let Malak gain Crit Immunity and Tenacity Up pods
    Kill droids as fast as possible and whenever they return, only attack pods when absolutely needed
    Crit Malak with Big Z's special as often as possible to apply Armor Shred, you want at least 5 stacks in the end where more is always better
    You don't want Big Z to apply any Dots on Malak as this would fear him and increase his cooldowns, you never want this to happen. If needed attack a pod instead
    Use Jolee and JKR's heal whenever Big Z has no Bonus Protection, he will taunt and you don't want Malak to drain him to death. Use T3 to cleanse Debuffs on Zalbaar

If your modding is right you want to have 5 or more stacks of Armor Shred on Malak, less than 10 enrage stacks and all abilities off cooldown. Now destroy the remaining two pods with basic attacks and get Malak below 50% health. Use JKR's mass assist when Malak is in the yellow and hit him as hard as you can and he will eventually fall.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Big info:
    You don't need to critically hit Malak with Zalbaars special to apply Armor Shred. Any crit hit on any enemy will make it work, just focus Malak as the focussed target will get the stacks.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    Big info:
    You don't need to critically hit Malak with Zalbaars special to apply Armor Shred. Any crit hit on any enemy will make it work, just focus Malak as the focussed target will get the stacks.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I was in the event for roughly 10 hours yesterday and I saw a 0 instances of "group armor shred."
    I keep seeing people say that's a thing that happens, but one would think during this 10 hour duration it would happen, yeah?
    Raptus wrote: »
    M/z zetas when I did LS were needed, also lower geared. Think this what I followed; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW__HH_1ZVA

I've seen that. I've watched most of the guides I can find on Malak and they all generally say the same thing.
    Even with guides, I'm just understanding why these guys are able to clear LS Malak and I'm having such a hard time. I was in the event for about 10 hours yesterday and got literally nowhere.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    it's hard to crit with low crit chance on zaalbar, and the rest of your mods are a mess too. jkr has 2 offense mods and you would need 4 to get the bonus, jolee needs health mods with health primaries, you have a bunch of blue and puple and green mods too. You need to research mods, farm them, and put the right sets on, get everyone faster too

Also, 20 stacks on malak is too many iirc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • If you are reaching 20 armor shreds you are waiting too long. 6 or maybe 8 should be enough for most people. Once you hit that mark knock down the rest of the pods and take him.

Your mods are poor to be honest. Broken sets and a lack of speed being big issues. But for this event you really don't need the kind of speed that has been suggested. Not saying it would not hurt but not needed. Zaalbar you want fairly fast to go with a good crit chance %. Jolee should be fairly fast with high health to keep Zaalbar going. The other three can get away with being a bit slow but you want a lot of offense there. Your combination of speed/offense has to be good enough to keep knocking droids down fast enough so Malak's countdown doesn't reach zero while you get the armor shreds.

Mods are not as complicated as many people think. Here are 3 simple rules that if followed would help:
    1. Arrows = Speed Primary
    2. Everything else = 4 or 5 speed improves or the potential to reach that
    3. Only slice mods with the potential to reach 4 or 5 speed improves
  • I don't mean "20 stacks of armor shred" you all. I mean 20 stacks of Malak's countdown that makes him enraged.
    I can barely get four on him before he nukes my squad with enrage.

I'm listening to what you all are saying, and it's good advice for the next attempt; which I've taken a break. I'm just saying Z isn't getting 20 stacks of shred when he's barely getting 4.