Why does GL Luke require 21 characters at relic 3+

Replies

  • Larx wrote: »
    Why should a newer Player compare himself with a vet?
    Because otherwise newER players have no other path besides $$$$$$$ or years of playing before they get to Rey, SLKR, and so on. These paths should not be years-timelocked.

    I did not suggest newER players = vets. I suggested they have an alternative path to catch up, and I provided 1 possible example. The OP complaint was so many requirements to unlock. They do it because of 7 million GP accounts. So 7 million GP accounts time wall new players completely. <---- is the real festering problem with the game
  • MaruMaru
    1295 posts Member
    edited September 13
    Larx wrote: »
    Why should a newer Player compare himself with a vet?
    Because otherwise newER players have no other path besides $$$$$$$ or years of playing before they get to Rey, SLKR, and so on. These paths should not be years-timelocked.

    I did not suggest newER players = vets. I suggested they have an alternative path to catch up, and I provided 1 possible example. The OP complaint was so many requirements to unlock. They do it because of 7 million GP accounts. So 7 million GP accounts time wall new players completely. <---- is the real festering problem with the game

    Newer players...newer whales present a great income to cg. I don't see the reason they are supposed to have some shortcut to endgame things unless they dump huge cash in the game. No such "real festering problem" exists as you claim. It's already eased up enough where new shard arenas have revans right away. Imagine yourself to be a new f2p trying to keep up with those without arena income, then imagine spenders getting gls instead of revans as fast. Would surely keep fresh blood f2p in the game xD
    Post edited by MaruMaru on
  • @Mephisto_style
    Please stop talking about catching up. I cant hear it anymore!

    Catch up:

    Two Players starting at the same time. They can catch up to each other if someone develops faster.

    New Player Starts. He or she can catch up to their Shards and NOT to a 5 year old Account who is playing everyday! And that is really really good!

    Can you get everything in day one in WoW?

    This game needs something you can really only achieve by olaying this game and not only by opening your wallet!

    And yes, i am talking about something like JKL!
  • Overall you need 22 characters since both races count. If you run 5k then run another 5k in total you have run 10K. An in game example would be that you used 5 character to get one character, then use that character and 4 more to get another character. In total, you need 10 characters to get that last character.
  • Deathbringer59
    202 posts Member
    edited September 13
    This is in instance that im stuck in but its my choice. Heres a solo reason I'm going SEE 1st then probally JML 2nd unless GL rey is better then him. I'm close to SLKR so he will be my first gl. Then SEE, then either JML or GL rey

    bhz2if4xhlfz.jpg

    I chose to farm gear over HY and wampa for the longest time. By the time I started actually farming HY, Malak dropped so I had to save up for him. After that we'll GAS. I dont regret my decision, definitely has helped me a long ways.

    This is my so far where I'm at for both SEE and JML


    kf7ahqczu4la.jpg

    7cfhmxfndxsc.jpg
  • Kyno wrote: »
    GhostRep wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    To you question, Why does GL Luke require 21 characters at r3: in short he doesn't. You are simply ignoring the gain of JKL.

    In short yes it does, last time I checked you need 9 characters at relic 3 to get him, add the 15 you need to unlock GL Luke, remove the 2 that is shared between the JKL and GL Luke, that makes 22 characters

    correct you need 9 to get JKL. that step is done, and a step in and of itself. and you are rewarded as such.

    now you move onto a different goal JML, who needs 15 characters.
    if you run 2 races in the same day, even back to back, the length of the second race is still the same.

    This ignores the wear and tear of running the first race when you're running the second one.

    No it doesnt, the length of the race is the same.

    Even if you dont have a car and have to run to the start of the second race (meaning its required for you to get to the second race), that doesnt change the length of the second race.

    Overall you need 22 characters since both races count. If you run 5k then run another 5k in total you have run 10K. A in game example would be that you used 5 character to get one character, then use that character and 4 more to get another character. In total, you need 10 characters to get the last character.

    Sure... but does that mean the second race is a 10k or does it mean the runner has run two 5k races?

    Lets say you have to run the first 5k to qualify for the second 5k. Does that mean the second race is a 10k or does it mean at thr end of the day, you ran 10k? Is it false advertising to call it a 5k?

    Each race requires the runner to do 5k. End result is the runner did 10k total because the runner ran two 5k races.

    Its an argument with out a distinction. Same as this. Reality is JML requires many more characters to get the 15 that are needed... but it only needs 15 lol.
  • Enas_Yorl
    422 posts Member
    edited September 14
    so actually you need 45 toons so far to get jml while we have 10 toons revealed. Contradictionaly we are at 15 toons for Gl palp with 10 toons revealed. Seems a bit ... unbalanced; especially if you also consider the required relic level.

    To make it short: GL Luke is so far ... extremely more expensive.
    Which the player base should be well aware of; wait and see before you invest in this nonsense

  • dt3dkppthshu.jpg

    So speaking of the requirements, what team do you think will be required? Right now we have rebels and resistance teams because of r2/3po crossover, but I'd figure he'd have synergy with Jedi?
  • dt3dkppthshu.jpg

    So speaking of the requirements, what team do you think will be required? Right now we have rebels and resistance teams because of r2/3po crossover, but I'd figure he'd have synergy with Jedi?

    FB Luke, OG Leia, Hoth Soldier, Wedge +X
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • CosmicJ wrote: »
    No complaints from me. Loving the jml requirements so far... Just worried about the next batch lol (hoths brothers? *gag*)

    Gamorrean Guard dude... and You best get him to relic 3 asap.
  • Yeah but i from the past 2 GLs, you need a team to participate in the ascension event... the possible leaders are jtrey, old ben and mothma so there isnt a full team of anything right now and it leans towards resistance or rebels which is strange since jml is a jedi. If we are following the movie, bb8 might be a requirement since he had the other half of the map with r2. OG Leia i could see, but the other 3?
  • Yeah but i from the past 2 GLs, you need a team to participate in the ascension event... the possible leaders are jtrey, old ben and mothma so there isnt a full team of anything right now and it leans towards resistance or rebels which is strange since jml is a jedi. If we are following the movie, bb8 might be a requirement since he had the other half of the map with r2. OG Leia i could see, but the other 3?
    Which movie? Because, *spoiler alert* Old Ben Doesn't get on the Falcon with the others in A new hope.
    Feels like theyre spanning all the movies. So I can see a Jabba cinematic and you having to force choke a guard.
    But seriously, Princess Leia and Storm trooper Han, Farmboy and CLS and Gamorrean Guard make sense to me.
  • Yeah but i from the past 2 GLs, you need a team to participate in the ascension event... the possible leaders are jtrey, old ben and mothma so there isnt a full team of anything right now and it leans towards resistance or rebels which is strange since jml is a jedi. If we are following the movie, bb8 might be a requirement since he had the other half of the map with r2. OG Leia i could see, but the other 3?
    Which movie? Because, *spoiler alert* Old Ben Doesn't get on the Falcon with the others in A new hope.
    Feels like theyre spanning all the movies. So I can see a Jabba cinematic and you having to force choke a guard.
    But seriously, Princess Leia and Storm trooper Han, Farmboy and CLS and Gamorrean Guard make sense to me.
    How did Old Ben get to the Death Star again?

    Retcon: Ben wasn't actually there, he was chilling with his Tusken buddies on Tattooine and was only a force projection on the Death Star.

    Serious response: there was no "required team" for the first two. We just figured out which ones worked the best. Since these are mostly rebels it's probably going to be CLS or MM lead.
  • Yeah but i from the past 2 GLs, you need a team to participate in the ascension event... the possible leaders are jtrey, old ben and mothma so there isnt a full team of anything right now and it leans towards resistance or rebels which is strange since jml is a jedi. If we are following the movie, bb8 might be a requirement since he had the other half of the map with r2. OG Leia i could see, but the other 3?
    Which movie? Because, *spoiler alert* Old Ben Doesn't get on the Falcon with the others in A new hope.


    :D
  • Yeah but i from the past 2 GLs, you need a team to participate in the ascension event... the possible leaders are jtrey, old ben and mothma so there isnt a full team of anything right now and it leans towards resistance or rebels which is strange since jml is a jedi. If we are following the movie, bb8 might be a requirement since he had the other half of the map with r2. OG Leia i could see, but the other 3?
    Which movie? Because, *spoiler alert* Old Ben Doesn't get on the Falcon with the others in A new hope.
    Feels like theyre spanning all the movies. So I can see a Jabba cinematic and you having to force choke a guard.
    But seriously, Princess Leia and Storm trooper Han, Farmboy and CLS and Gamorrean Guard make sense to me.

    lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno wrote: »

    if you run 2 races in the same day, even back to back, the length of the second race is still the same.

    This analogue doesn't work at all..

    It would only work if you could run the 2nd race and not the 1st. Since the 1st race is a requirement for the 2nd your analogue fails.



  • Notlaw21 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    if you run 2 races in the same day, even back to back, the length of the second race is still the same.

    This analogue doesn't work at all..

    It would only work if you could run the 2nd race and not the 1st. Since the 1st race is a requirement for the 2nd your analogue fails.
    I want to play the analogy game too !

    Let's say you have to pimp a ride in order to win a prise. There are two prizes: a trip to Hawaï and a trip to Tahiti. To go to Hawaï, you have to pimp a fast & Furious sport cars. For Tahiti, a dadmobile.

    Let's say the cost for pimping both types of cars is roughly the same. The sport car is much more expensive to buy though. So if money is an issue, go for Tahiti, but you'll end up with a dadmobile with nitro and a kickass soundsystem. If you already have the sport car in your driveway of wanted to get one anyway, pimp that sweet convertible and go for Hawaï. That way you won't have to buy and pimp a dadmobile that will seat in the garage.

    It's not outrageous imo. It offers a meaningful choice.
  • Very very demotivating...... it's a game, not a life long mission! :(:(:(:(

    rxrjm20hnj0b.jpg
  • joelgs23 wrote: »
    Very very demotivating...... it's a game, not a life long mission! :(:(:(:(

    rxrjm20hnj0b.jpg

    Whale harder
  • ddxtxjxrqjdz.jpg

    Just saying GML better be worth it
  • joelgs23 wrote: »
    Very very demotivating...... it's a game, not a life long mission! :(:(:(:(

    rxrjm20hnj0b.jpg

    How does a game like this can even grow? If you didn't start day 1, say kiss good bye to catching up unless you are a heavy spender, not even the hyperdrive bundle can make you catch up without spending an additional crazy amount of money, all the energy, credit, and mod slicing mats needed to get God mods, all the extra gear needed for recycling into relics, zeta, omega, purple mats.
  • joelgs23 wrote: »
    Very very demotivating...... it's a game, not a life long mission! :(:(:(:(

    rxrjm20hnj0b.jpg

    How does a game like this can even grow? If you didn't start day 1, say kiss good bye to catching up unless you are a heavy spender, not even the hyperdrive bundle can make you catch up without spending an additional crazy amount of money, all the energy, credit, and mod slicing mats needed to get God mods, all the extra gear needed for recycling into relics, zeta, omega, purple mats.
    But why do you need to catch up to players of 3-4+ years instead of competing with someone within your range?

    Thanks!
    Just wanna say thank you!

  • joelgs23 wrote: »
    Very very demotivating...... it's a game, not a life long mission! :(:(:(:(

    rxrjm20hnj0b.jpg

    How does a game like this can even grow? If you didn't start day 1, say kiss good bye to catching up unless you are a heavy spender, not even the hyperdrive bundle can make you catch up without spending an additional crazy amount of money, all the energy, credit, and mod slicing mats needed to get God mods, all the extra gear needed for recycling into relics, zeta, omega, purple mats.

    Is it heavy spenders or day 1 players? Decide on the story. As always, many f2p are en route and will get it.
  • it is interesting, as i am in a shard from 2017, that launched just before JTR came out, i have had a look across the rosters of the top 50, and there are 27 in the shard that are closer and more likely to get GML than the Supreme Emperor, and they all have JKL as well.

    So clearly even though JKL is a hard requirement especially for newer players, GML seems like the one everyone is targeting, There is only one person so far that has the requirements of the Emperor ready because he has a preference for DS characters anyway.
  • Kyno
    26627 posts Moderator
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    Very very demotivating...... it's a game, not a life long mission! :(:(:(:(

    rxrjm20hnj0b.jpg

    How does a game like this can even grow? If you didn't start day 1, say kiss good bye to catching up unless you are a heavy spender, not even the hyperdrive bundle can make you catch up without spending an additional crazy amount of money, all the energy, credit, and mod slicing mats needed to get God mods, all the extra gear needed for recycling into relics, zeta, omega, purple mats.

    This has been asked, but I dont think you answered, who are you trying to catch up to, and why?

    unless you try to be in a guild that is out of your current range, everyone you face in the game is based on how long you have been playing. There is no instances where you "need to catch up", but if you do feel that need then there is a route, but thats a personal choice.

    Also, that may seem like a long path, but with a little planning and focus thats no worse than other games that have end game content. This game isn't designed to have "an end", its meant to just be played.
  • Darthpippa
    520 posts Member
    edited September 15
    It is entirely possible that jkl is also required for palp right? We don't know yet, but i woukd say his battle with luke was a pretty big event in his lifetime (avoiding spoilers here)

This discussion has been closed.