Why does GL Luke require 21 characters at relic 3+

Replies

  • StarSon wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    I don't know why this became a debate.... Does a player need wampa at R3 to get GL luke? The answer is yes, and while it is not a direct requirements, it's still a requirement all the same.

    And a person needs to be in a guild. And needs whatever is required to farm the gear. And ... but that is not the point. You don't say a player needs an R3 Wampa to get JML for the same reason you don't say belonging to a guild is required to get JML.

    From planet earth to @StarSon if you don't have a relic 3 wampa, you can't get JML, you do not need to be in a guild to get gear, or do you need to be in a guild to get wampa,
    Belonging to a guild is not a requirement to get the JML, wampa is

    You need to be in a guild to get Wampa, because Wampa is GET1 only.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    I don't know why this became a debate.... Does a player need wampa at R3 to get GL luke? The answer is yes, and while it is not a direct requirements, it's still a requirement all the same.

    And a person needs to be in a guild. And needs whatever is required to farm the gear. And ... but that is not the point. You don't say a player needs an R3 Wampa to get JML for the same reason you don't say belonging to a guild is required to get JML.

    From planet earth to @StarSon if you don't have a relic 3 wampa, you can't get JML, you do not need to be in a guild to get gear, or do you need to be in a guild to get wampa,
    Belonging to a guild is not a requirement to get the JML, wampa is

    You need to be in a guild to get Wampa, because Wampa is GET1 only.

    You also need to be in a guild to get Hoda and ROLO.
  • No actually wampa you can get in the galactic bounties events. So not get1 only

    To the best of my knowledge Hoda is GET blocked aside from some guild related achievements
  • crzydroid
    4940 posts Moderator
    edited September 22
    ROLO and Wampa have been in galactic bounties for some time now.

    Though as far as I know, Hoda still requires a guild.
  • Darion wrote: »
    No actually wampa you can get in the galactic bounties events. So not get1 only

    To the best of my knowledge Hoda is GET blocked aside from some guild related achievements
    crzydroid wrote: »
    ROLO and Wampa have been in galactic bounties for some time now.

    Though as far as I know, Hoda still requires a guild.

    Forgot about that. But thankfully because Hoda isn't in there, my point stands: you need to be in a guild to get JML.
  • Still think Hyoda and Wampa should go guild shard farm able or some other store but that's just my opinion... And before people get butt hurt because that's not fair to people who had to do it the hard way... ain't nobody complain when GG became ship store farm able when some of us wasted their farms to try and unlock him and got screwed over later because of it
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Darion wrote: »
    No actually wampa you can get in the galactic bounties events. So not get1 only

    To the best of my knowledge Hoda is GET blocked aside from some guild related achievements
    crzydroid wrote: »
    ROLO and Wampa have been in galactic bounties for some time now.

    Though as far as I know, Hoda still requires a guild.

    Forgot about that. But thankfully because Hoda isn't in there, my point stands: you need to be in a guild to get JML.

    You can buy packs to get yoda
  • @StarSon
    Forgot about that. But thankfully because Hoda isn't in there, my point stands: you need to be in a guild to get JML.

    Not technically, since your use of the present tense + infinitive is a clear statement that you need to currently be in a guild to get JML. That's not true, though you could of course change this claim to, "You would have to have been in a guild at some point," and then you'd be perfectly correct.

    On the other hand, there's no way to get an r3 HY or Wampa at some point in the past, no longer have it, and still get JML. You must currently have the r3 HY even though you won't/can't use HY in the event. There is no way to simply leave the r3 HYoda club.

    Being in a guild is not a JML requirement. Having 21 r3+ toons is.

    But whatevs.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Darion wrote: »
    No actually wampa you can get in the galactic bounties events. So not get1 only

    To the best of my knowledge Hoda is GET blocked aside from some guild related achievements
    crzydroid wrote: »
    ROLO and Wampa have been in galactic bounties for some time now.

    Though as far as I know, Hoda still requires a guild.

    Forgot about that. But thankfully because Hoda isn't in there, my point stands: you need to be in a guild to get JML.

    You can buy packs to get yoda

    What packs can you buy that get you a 7* Hermit Yoda?
    @StarSon
    Forgot about that. But thankfully because Hoda isn't in there, my point stands: you need to be in a guild to get JML.

    Not technically, since your use of the present tense + infinitive is a clear statement that you need to currently be in a guild to get JML. That's not true, though you could of course change this claim to, "You would have to have been in a guild at some point," and then you'd be perfectly correct.

    On the other hand, there's no way to get an r3 HY or Wampa at some point in the past, no longer have it, and still get JML. You must currently have the r3 HY even though you won't/can't use HY in the event. There is no way to simply leave the r3 HYoda club.

    Being in a guild is not a JML requirement. Having 21 r3+ toons is.

    But whatevs.

    Being in a guild long enough to get enough GET1 to purchase a 7* Hoda is a requirement for JML. Just as much as having an r3 Wampa is. And the reason we don't say guild membership is required to get JML is the same reason we don't say having an r3 Wampa is required: because it's technically true, but irrelevant.
  • @StarSon
    And the reason we don't say guild membership is required to get JML is the same reason we don't say having an r3 Wampa is required: because it's technically true, but irrelevant.

    But we do say that. Lots of people say that. The entire reason this thread exists is because someone said that. The more you post on this topic, the more you look like someone who just can't admit that truth is truth or that reality exists.

    Why would you even try to say that people don't say having an r3 Wampa is required for JKLS in the same thread where people are saying an r3 Wampa is required for JKLS? What does that gain you? How does that enhance your credibility? How does that convince people your position is correct? Is there anything you're trying to accomplish here other than to troll people who disagree with you?
  • Ultra
    6786 posts Member
    r3 Wampa is required for JKL not JML
  • @StarSon
    And the reason we don't say guild membership is required to get JML is the same reason we don't say having an r3 Wampa is required: because it's technically true, but irrelevant.

    But we do say that. Lots of people say that. The entire reason this thread exists is because someone said that. The more you post on this topic, the more you look like someone who just can't admit that truth is truth or that reality exists.

    Why would you even try to say that people don't say having an r3 Wampa is required for JKLS in the same thread where people are saying an r3 Wampa is required for JKLS? What does that gain you? How does that enhance your credibility? How does that convince people your position is correct? Is there anything you're trying to accomplish here other than to troll people who disagree with you?

    There are plenty of people that *don't* say it too. How come you can say 'we' but I can't?

    I'm not trolling anyone. I understand that in order to get JKL you need an R3 Wampa, and since you need JKL to get JML, you recursively need and R3 Wampa to get JML. I just don't think it makes sense to list out all the specifics you require in an iterative approach like you do.
  • Cant you just accept the reqs?
    Complaining wont change anything.

    When their kits are revealed we can Talk about it Again.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    r3 Wampa is required for JKL not JML

    r3 Wampa is required for JKL and JML
  • Ultra
    6786 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    r3 Wampa is required for JKL not JML

    r3 Wampa is required for JKL and JML

    I must’ve missed the last set of prereqs where r3 wampa is needed
  • Larx wrote: »
    Cant you just accept the reqs?
    Complaining wont change anything.

    When their kits are revealed we can Talk about it Again.

    People have already made their decision and are going for JML without knowing the kit (I mean, it's easy to see why - he has an amazing ROI value so far). Just be ready for the furious #buffJML posts when it turns out SEE is the overall better GL.
    Also complaining is the forums/reddit life. Complaining about literally everything even if smth is actually very nice (like the JML reqs - so far).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    r3 Wampa is required for JKL not JML

    r3 Wampa is required for JKL and JML

    I must’ve missed the last set of prereqs where r3 wampa is needed

    In a couple of weeks when you see a JML on a roster without an r3 Wampa, please let me know
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Darion wrote: »
    No actually wampa you can get in the galactic bounties events. So not get1 only

    To the best of my knowledge Hoda is GET blocked aside from some guild related achievements
    crzydroid wrote: »
    ROLO and Wampa have been in galactic bounties for some time now.

    Though as far as I know, Hoda still requires a guild.

    Forgot about that. But thankfully because Hoda isn't in there, my point stands: you need to be in a guild to get JML.

    Technically, that's not true.
    You can win 700 GET1 per GAC if you reach Kyber.
    So you only need 11 years of uniterrupted Kyber in GAC to 7* Hyoda completely ftp without being in a Guild.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Darion wrote: »
    No actually wampa you can get in the galactic bounties events. So not get1 only

    To the best of my knowledge Hoda is GET blocked aside from some guild related achievements
    crzydroid wrote: »
    ROLO and Wampa have been in galactic bounties for some time now.

    Though as far as I know, Hoda still requires a guild.

    Forgot about that. But thankfully because Hoda isn't in there, my point stands: you need to be in a guild to get JML.

    Technically, that's not true.
    You can win 700 GET1 per GAC if you reach Kyber.
    So you only need 11 years of uniterrupted Kyber in GAC to 7* Hyoda completely ftp without being in a Guild.

    Don't forget you can make a 1 person guild and grab some rewards to boost your output.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Darion wrote: »
    No actually wampa you can get in the galactic bounties events. So not get1 only

    To the best of my knowledge Hoda is GET blocked aside from some guild related achievements
    crzydroid wrote: »
    ROLO and Wampa have been in galactic bounties for some time now.

    Though as far as I know, Hoda still requires a guild.

    Forgot about that. But thankfully because Hoda isn't in there, my point stands: you need to be in a guild to get JML.

    Technically, that's not true.
    You can win 700 GET1 per GAC if you reach Kyber.
    So you only need 11 years of uniterrupted Kyber in GAC to 7* Hyoda completely ftp without being in a Guild.

    Don't forget you can make a 1 person guild and grab some rewards to boost your output.

    Then you would be in a guild. B)
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Darion wrote: »
    No actually wampa you can get in the galactic bounties events. So not get1 only

    To the best of my knowledge Hoda is GET blocked aside from some guild related achievements
    crzydroid wrote: »
    ROLO and Wampa have been in galactic bounties for some time now.

    Though as far as I know, Hoda still requires a guild.

    Forgot about that. But thankfully because Hoda isn't in there, my point stands: you need to be in a guild to get JML.

    Technically, that's not true.
    You can win 700 GET1 per GAC if you reach Kyber.
    So you only need 11 years of uniterrupted Kyber in GAC to 7* Hyoda completely ftp without being in a Guild.

    Don't forget you can make a 1 person guild and grab some rewards to boost your output.

    It would only take you 100 days to open a pit raid, 150 for tank, and 184 to open STR.

    You wouldn't qualify for TB or TW, and good luck with the guild daily activities.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Darion wrote: »
    No actually wampa you can get in the galactic bounties events. So not get1 only

    To the best of my knowledge Hoda is GET blocked aside from some guild related achievements
    crzydroid wrote: »
    ROLO and Wampa have been in galactic bounties for some time now.

    Though as far as I know, Hoda still requires a guild.

    Forgot about that. But thankfully because Hoda isn't in there, my point stands: you need to be in a guild to get JML.

    Technically, that's not true.
    You can win 700 GET1 per GAC if you reach Kyber.
    So you only need 11 years of uniterrupted Kyber in GAC to 7* Hyoda completely ftp without being in a Guild.

    Don't forget you can make a 1 person guild and grab some rewards to boost your output.

    It would only take you 100 days to open a pit raid, 150 for tank, and 184 to open STR.

    You wouldn't qualify for TB or TW, and good luck with the guild daily activities.

    Well since you are already in for 22 years (hyoda+wampa) this would still significantly reduce it.
  • LukeDukem8
    453 posts Member
    edited September 22


    I must’ve missed the last set of prereqs where r3 wampa is needed[/quote]

    Then you missed the point of the entire thread. There is no way you can get JML without an R3 wampa. It may not be a stated requirement, but it is still a requirement to get JML all the same.
  • Plank420
    184 posts Member
    edited September 23
    If wampa isn't needed for jml then good luck getting jml without one.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Darion wrote: »
    No actually wampa you can get in the galactic bounties events. So not get1 only

    To the best of my knowledge Hoda is GET blocked aside from some guild related achievements
    crzydroid wrote: »
    ROLO and Wampa have been in galactic bounties for some time now.

    Though as far as I know, Hoda still requires a guild.

    Forgot about that. But thankfully because Hoda isn't in there, my point stands: you need to be in a guild to get JML.

    Technically, that's not true.
    You can win 700 GET1 per GAC if you reach Kyber.
    So you only need 11 years of uniterrupted Kyber in GAC to 7* Hyoda completely ftp without being in a Guild.

    Don't forget you can make a 1 person guild and grab some rewards to boost your output.

    It would only take you 100 days to open a pit raid, 150 for tank, and 184 to open STR.

    You wouldn't qualify for TB or TW, and good luck with the guild daily activities.

    Well since you are already in for 22 years (hyoda+wampa) this would still significantly reduce it.

    If you play your cards right and focus farm, you should be able to gear a bounty hunter team to g12 in about 7 years and grab enough wampa shards in Galactic bounties during the 4 years left.

    Plan accordingly and 11 years should be enough for both.
  • Ultra
    6786 posts Member
    giphy.gif
  • Remember when getting the first Emperor Palpatine was considered endgame content... compared to now? Lol good times
  • Omg, we are still here, ppl not understanding how the requirement of the requirement is still an indirect requirement. Scary part is, ppl denying this are still allowed to vote. And drive. And reproduce.

    For the last time: if the race is 2000 meters, but you must qualify for it on an 1500 meters race, then the race is still 2000 meters, but you have to run 3500 meters, to finish it. Splitting it into two sections, and running it on two days, and getting a medal for the first one does NOT reduce the total length. Boom, roasted.

    For some strange reason, in every athletic competition, where ppl can qualify to the finals in one round or in 2 rounds, everyone with 2 rounds are considered to be at a disadvantage. Not saying that it fully determines the outcome, but still.

    Another scary part: this conversation is just superfluous, should have ended after the first post with a "Yes and who cares?" comment.
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Omg, we are still here, ppl not understanding how the requirement of the requirement is still an indirect requirement. Scary part is, ppl denying this are still allowed to vote. And drive. And reproduce.

    For the last time: if the race is 2000 meters, but you must qualify for it on an 1500 meters race, then the race is still 2000 meters, but you have to run 3500 meters, to finish it. Splitting it into two sections, and running it on two days, and getting a medal for the first one does NOT reduce the total length. Boom, roasted.

    For some strange reason, in every athletic competition, where ppl can qualify to the finals in one round or in 2 rounds, everyone with 2 rounds are considered to be at a disadvantage. Not saying that it fully determines the outcome, but still.

    Another scary part: this conversation is just superfluous, should have ended after the first post with a "Yes and who cares?" comment.

    I have unlocked JKL. So I have 2 choices: relic 15 characters to farm Grumpy Luke or relic 15 characters to farm Palpalich. I will see your "Boom, roasted" and raise you a "Drop mike".
    On a sidenote: I did reproduce. Only once, but still, sorry if this scares you.
This discussion has been closed.