Updated Galactic Challenge Feedback

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    I'm confused is it better or worse.

Outlook unclear, ask again later.
  • I like it, the gear gate is gone, rewards are better across all tiers and GL Rey is still the GC queen.

My only quip would be that duration should be 1 to 2 days max. The rewards don't look like it's enough if given daily to break the in-game economy but it's still sought after gear/mod slicing materials. So we should be getting these challenges almost daily.

Which is exactly my point of criticism. The previous GCs were about variety, you had different options to solve them. Now what I hear from people mostly is that they only can beat the last tier with a GL. That's much worse than it was before.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Good improvements CG
  • Whats wrong with CG. I did not expect to clear T6 or T7 with Relic 5 ressistance team without GL Rey. But T5 should be beatable. You gate this behind GL and think you made a good job. This is such a bad game design. You eyes blinking with Dollar symbols but i will definitly not support this furthermore.
  • Slightly better rewards but impossible difficulty makes this version worse than the last. At least before I could feel good about all the time I have spent building up my teams. Now I can't get a single attack. Enemies with ridiculous speed and preloaded tm are the worst parts of this game and that is all this event is.
  • The rewards are better. I won't say that people aren't entitled to complain if that's what they want, of course, but they actually have some worthwhile rewards that aren't behind a requirement of 5 toons all of one faction & all of a specific relic tier. It's better.

That said, I am going to voice what might be an unpopular opinion: relic 7 GL Rey should guarantee a victory at T6.

I know, when people say that you instantly hear, "Oh, you just want something for nothing."

No. I completed the hardest, most ludicrously time consuming challenge in the game. I am running the faction for which the event was intended, the faction which receives bonuses. I'm not even playing the hardest difficulty tier of an event. I'm not asking for something for nothing. I'm telling you that if I did all the work to get the most powerful LS toon in the game, if I then took that toon to r7, if she's of the intended faction, and if I surround her with toons that are entirely r5+, I should be guaranteed a win against anything less than the hardest tier.

Instead, after a little back and forth early, GL Rey suddenly got taken from bonus protection to dead without getting a turn, and I wasn't even killing droids with my other Resistance toons either. Rey with decent health b/c of RHFInn healing, full protection, and bonus protection, completes a whirlwind and kills one droid.

She never takes another turn.

On t6.

Look, I can replay this and be careful not to kill any droids or use any whirlwinds until Rey can target GG. I'm not saying I can't win, I'm sure I can, but this is ridiculous.

I earned the best LS toon in the game, put her with the perfect faction, and get wiped out and it's not even the top difficulty tier. That's ugly, CG. That's just ugly.

YES. If you have GL Rey at r7 anything less than the hardest tier should be a cakewalk.
  • GC much better but the event is so laggy
  • I don't see how that is possible. I tried r5 jkr r5 jolee r7 jkl r7 gk r7 gas on t5 and my team dies in no time. I am extremely lucky to get 1 kill.
  • SLKR will solo it. This game mode is horrid.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Finally got t5. What an awful event.
  • I'm very happy with the rewards and feats now! Carbanti, stun guns and cuffs is exactly what I wanted from this event, and the gear gate is now gone :)
    The Hero Poe shards in the lower tiers are great too!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    SLKR will solo it. This game mode is horrid.

So?

His kit is a direct hard counter to GG separatist team. You can choose not to use him if you don’t like it
  • SLKR will solo it. This game mode is horrid.

Yes SLKR can solo it, I don't see how that is bad? I find it normal that the 2 most powerful toons in game (Galactic Legends) can beat the event, because if they can't then no team can beat it.
    To get all the rewards though, one still needs to farm the toons asked in the special feats.
  • I don't know why people are surprised the difficulty got this much harder.

This is what people asked for, removing the relic requirements means they ramp up the difficulty. It was always going to happen.
  • Moechenche wrote: »
    GC much better but the event is so laggy

Yep, every time I fight GG in PvE, be it GC or TB, I get horrible lag.
  • Using padme after the tip in the thread and after a few tries beat tier 5. However I’ve seen a few anomalies which seems iffy, grievous team can clear the damage over time sandstorm debuffs which should stick until defeat. Not sure that’s working as intended?
  • DarthAsajj wrote: »
    SLKR will solo it. This game mode is horrid.

Yes SLKR can solo it, I don't see how that is bad? I find it normal that the 2 most powerful toons in game (Galactic Legends) can beat the event, because if they can't then no team can beat it.
    To get all the rewards though, one still needs to farm the toons asked in the special feats.

Maybe because Rey struggles in an event meant for Resistance while Kylo is able to solo it? Another proof of the imbalance between the GLs.
  • The difficulty here is pretty crazy - I only managed to beat T5-7 with my GL Rey, and that’s only because of the damage immunity, and the amount of bonus TM the Sep Droids seem to gain which feeds Rey’s mastery. I was doing 1.2M with basic when I beat it thanks to the 1600 turns they took while in ult stance.

The thing you guys have to realize is that it might not just be “tuning” that they did to make this harder, the modifiers are also more insane this time around. Not the same as before.

This is Malicious Minions *II*
    Sep Droids have 25% bonus speed, health, prot and offense - the Sniper Droid gets buffed by 50%.

I took a full relic Resistance team with JTR lead and didn’t even get a turn on T7. Not sure the feat of 5 Resistance is doable without Rey.
  • Maybe because Rey struggles in an event meant for Resistance while Kylo is able to solo it? Another proof of the imbalance between the GLs.

Yep. It seems to me that if Resistance is the favored faction, the event should be designed so that Resistance squads have the easiest time beating the event and FO squads have the hardest.

Likewise if the favored faction is Sith, Jedi should get clobbered while Sith have an easier time of it. That is (or **should be**) the advantage of having a geared up team of the correct faction.