Updated Galactic Challenge Feedback

Replies

• flux_rono wrote: »
    What level relics are needed to beat T5?! That's certainly a lot harder than in exhibition.
    Appreciate the rewards, though.

relic 8 but you can beat it with low relics with the right team. i beat tier 5 with gear 12 padme, c3po, r2, and relic 5 anakin, and kenobi.
    tier 6 and 7 i have no clue my relic 7 malak is 2 shot every time and he gets no chance to heal up.. padme team just dies instantly... idk what to use to beat it

Thanks for the Tier 5 idea. It took a number of tries, but my Padme, C3PO, R2, Anakin, GK finally won that round. There is a lot of rng involved. No clues on Tier 6.
  • Jppc wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm confused is it better or worse.

It’s both. Feats are better while rewards are worse.

Disagree about the rewards, they have improved. However the difficulty...it has scaled much more.
    I was almost thinking that CG had made something good then boom couldn’t win tier 5 with a reliced padme team, or DR team or GAS team. They made it insanely harder (now they have so much speed, so much damage and health/prot pool)

This is exactly how I feel about it. Scale down the difficulty CG, goodness.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Josh712 wrote: »
    3 Day events? These really need to be pushed back to 2 days ATLEAST...

Ideally, 0 days and give us the new raid instead.

Yes please.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    I really enjoyed the comment claiming rewards are worse now. Good stuff.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Well well well.....

The good:
    -Getting rid of the gear gate is very good. You don’t NEED to mandatory relic your toons but instead need the faction. I would however allow the “full resistance team” feat to be achieved if you underdog it. So if you do 4 resistance in a team and underdog it, it’ll still count for that feat as well as the undermanning.
    -The rewards are much better on the lower tiers. Higher quality shards (RH poe this time) along with useable gear like stun guns, carbantis, mk 7 generators, Mk 5 callers etc. That is the gear crunch relief we need to start seeing. Much more needs to be done with the crunch overall but it’s a nice start.
    -The feat for the droid usage is nice. New to see.
    -Nice marching of modifier for resistance since they have cleansing in their kits and it allows actual strategy to beat the tiers and utilize the modifier agains the enemy.

The bad:
    -Just a little bit more for those gear crunch rewards. Make them a nice rounded number like 5 mk5 guns for beating T5 with resistance and another 5 for beating it with an underdog team
    -T6 and T7 rewards were scaled back way too much. If you have a full resistance team capable of beating the hardest tier which is tuned as such, then the rewards need to reflect that. I think 10 of each kyro and some G12+ for T6 and some finishers, relic material (zimbidle cards, looking at you), along with more crunch type gear for T7. The crystals are nice but they only go so far when it comes to resources that are scarce or have such awful drop rates.
    -Too long are 3 days. 2 days is the sweet spot. It allows people times to get their feats in and completions. Unless this refreshes the feats each day, then 3 days is too long.

You’re getting there @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat Just a little more fine tuning and this could be a nice resource for players.
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    The rewards are adjusted for 3 day period

So that’s 10 GCs a month and if the rewards are the same, we are talking about 80 stun guns each month

If the duration was 2 days the rewards would be less (15 GC per month = ~5 stun guns every two days)

They did cut out some finishers and kyros but alleviated the early crunch (cuffs / carbs / guns) leading up to g12 which is good enough imo
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Well well well.....

The good:
    -Getting rid of the gear gate is very good. You don’t NEED to mandatory relic your toons but instead need the faction. I would however allow the “full resistance team” feat to be achieved if you underdog it. So if you do 4 resistance in a team and underdog it, it’ll still count for that feat as well as the undermanning.
    -The rewards are much better on the lower tiers. Higher quality shards (RH poe this time) along with useable gear like stun guns, carbantis, mk 7 generators, Mk 5 callers etc. That is the gear crunch relief we need to start seeing. Much more needs to be done with the crunch overall but it’s a nice start.
    -The feat for the droid usage is nice. New to see.
    -Nice marching of modifier for resistance since they have cleansing in their kits and it allows actual strategy to beat the tiers and utilize the modifier agains the enemy.

The bad:
    -Just a little bit more for those gear crunch rewards. Make them a nice rounded number like 5 mk5 guns for beating T5 with resistance and another 5 for beating it with an underdog team
    -T6 and T7 rewards were scaled back way too much. If you have a full resistance team capable of beating the hardest tier which is tuned as such, then the rewards need to reflect that. I think 10 of each kyro and some G12+ for T6 and some finishers, relic material (zimbidle cards, looking at you), along with more crunch type gear for T7. The crystals are nice but they only go so far when it comes to resources that are scarce or have such awful drop rates.
    -Too long are 3 days. 2 days is the sweet spot. It allows people times to get their feats in and completions. Unless this refreshes the feats each day, then 3 days is too long.

You’re getting there @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat Just a little more fine tuning and this could be a nice resource for players.

Also the difficulty jump from T4 to T5 is nuts. You literally go from a steady progression to jumping into a LS Geo battle. Scale it back.
  • Out of curiosity I am running this game on a Samsung Galaxy s9. Is anyone else experiencing hang up when battling GG where there is a 2 - 3 second lag where the game locks up/freezes from all the buffs/debudds and out of turn attacks?

On the topic of rewards, timing, and feats: It's getting there and it is moving in the right direction. Thanks for that.
  • Ultra wrote: »

So that’s 10 GCs a month and if the rewards are the same, we are talking about 80 stun guns each month

If the duration was 2 days the rewards would be less (15 GC per month = ~5 stun guns every two days)

They did cut out some finishers and kyros but alleviated the early crunch (cuffs / carbs / guns) leading up to g12 which is good enough imo

This is true but they can adjust accordingly. They can also boost up the first time completions on later tiers with the lower relic gear like from cantinas. So T6 can reward 10 of the fragmented signal data and 5 of the incomplete signal data for first time rewards. T7 can reward 5 flawed signal data and some zimbidle cards and electronium conductors
  • I managed to beat up to T7 of every GC during the exhibition, now I barely take out 2 characters on T5 of the first event.

This is insane. How they thought this was an "improvement" is beyond me.
  • TVF wrote: »

For the last two tiers, it did get worse in terms of gear. The crystals are nice but the full resistance team is going to need GL Rey to even stand a chance. I think that deserves better rewards given the investments she needs
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

For the last two tiers, it did get worse in terms of gear. The crystals are nice but the full resistance team is going to need GL Rey to even stand a chance. I think that deserves better rewards given the investments she needs

1) No relic locked gear. Massive improvement, and frankly the list could stop right here.
    2) More crystals. Improvement.
    3) More shards. Improvement (especially if you need RH Poe).
    4) Complaining about the last two tiers makes no sense
    4a) If you can do them all then all that matters is the total gear, which is improved.
    4b) If you can't do them all, then it's an even bigger improvement.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I managed to beat up to T7 of every GC during the exhibition, now I barely take out 2 characters on T5 of the first event.

I've seen plenty of people saying they've done it. You may be doing something wrong.
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I managed to beat up to T7 of every GC during the exhibition, now I barely take out 2 characters on T5 of the first event.

I've seen plenty of people saying they've done it. You may be doing something wrong.

https://youtu.be/Hf_6jqBy6Fk

Yeah, its long but really exciting. So much so that I hit auto went and refilled my coffee and came back just in time. Edit * (this is the last tier by the way)
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    I've seen several people doing it without Kylo, shrug.

Yeah I was trying to offer up an option for anyone who has him, throw in droids and there is your 2nd feat that can free up your resistance team to use anyone you want. If you have those characters to work with.

• TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Fhoenix wrote: »

Yeah I was trying to offer up an option for anyone who has him, throw in droids and there is your 2nd feat that can free up your resistance team to use anyone you want. If you have those characters to work with.

Ah my bad, I thought you were saying you needed Kylo.

We've covered this in one of my other thread written communication is not my strong suit :smiley:
  • Ok so what team comps work that don't include a GL or GAS?

I've tried CLS (who could beat every other event including T7 except I think the GR one), First Order, Sith/Empire mix, and Resistance. All get curb stomped. All have several at R5+, all have excellent mods.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Ok so what team comps work that don't include a GL or GAS?

I've tried CLS (who could beat every other event including T7 except I think the GR one), First Order, Sith/Empire mix, and Resistance. All get curb stomped. All have several at R5+, all have excellent mods.

LOL gas doesn't help at all.
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

This is true but they can adjust accordingly. They can also boost up the first time completions on later tiers with the lower relic gear like from cantinas. So T6 can reward 10 of the fragmented signal data and 5 of the incomplete signal data for first time rewards. T7 can reward 5 flawed signal data and some zimbidle cards and electronium conductors

Crumb said the GC rewards is to help with the early gear grind to get to g12
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member

We've covered this in one of my other thread written communication is not my strong suit :smiley:

Don't be too hard on yourself, it's harder to get your point across in this format, and also I have a very bad habit of skimming posts without fully digesting them.

All good.
  • "We want to create a game mode for you to use your whole roster." What the really mean is "Here's a game mode that you will need to have a Galactic Legend to complete." My best full relic teams (non Resistance) get destroyed in tier 5 and I'm simply unwilling to spend 3 hours praying to the gods of RNG for a few pieces of gear. All while knowing that tier 6 isn't worth attempting. This entire event gave this community hope and has, and remains a massive letdown to the vast majority of the players of this game. Yes, they added stun guns and useful shards like we requested, thanks. But as our punishment for giving them the feedback they requested they scaled the difficulty so high that only the upper echelon of players can complete the event. Removing the gear paywall and simultaneously scaling difficulty to make the event harder than it was before do not improve the event. I had such high hopes for galactic challenges when they were announced, shame on me for not knowing better. I'm not rich, I cant afford GL's and frankly think they are awful characters and don't want them even if I had the money to do it. But without them I can no longer compete in Grand Arena and also cant complete the new game mode/event. I don't see a point in continuing to play knowing this is about to get 2x worse. Take care everyone, I've truly enjoyed the community around this game.
  • My feedback on the current version and a suggestion or two on how to improve.

1. The timespan is still too long, and I won't be playing this again over the next 2 and a half days.

I can understand not wanting to give as too many rewards and I like the rewards that exist. But how about adding a forth feat that changes daily with decent but not amazing rewards (a few crystals or throw us some free energy or something). Just something to help with the replayability.

2. I like that the feats change by tier now but the change is still minimal. More variety would be a nice to have.

3. The modifiers (mainly the global modifier) still suck ****, and the event difficulty is such that for most tiers it's not worth the time to read them. The later tiers are so hard, again it's not worth the time to read them when your relics gas team only gets one turn before getting wiped.

Either don't have the modifers at all or re-balance them. I for one would love the opportunity to face these teams in a more standard way.

Overall an improvement. But I'm still only using a tiny fraction of my roster, and I still won't be playing on day 2, and I'm still not excited by this.
  • I have r7 gas r7 fives r7 Rex r5 echo and r5 arc and they can't even touch t6. I have a r7 jkl and he is also no help with any teams I have. This change is just bizarre.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    @yankeeh8er that's helpful. I'm asking what works. I don't have a GL or GAS hence why I said "don't include" them. Then I listed my teams with the most G13/Relics that all get completely obliterated, most of the time without even killing more than one of the droids.

In the other feedback threat I don't recall anyone (except maybe masochists) begging for them to turn the difficulty up to LS Geo / 11. So why institute that change?
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @yankeeh8er that's helpful. I'm asking what works. I don't have a GL or GAS hence why I said "don't include" them. Then I listed my teams with the most G13/Relics that all get completely obliterated, most of the time without even killing more than one of the droids.

I have managed to beat Tier 5&6 with Padme. Pretty close on Tier 7, just need the time to get the right RNG.
  • The Good:

Rewards are distributed among tiers better, and are actually the gear pieces used to get characters to G12 and beyond. Might be a reduction for krakens who were getting the gated R5 gear the last time around, but it's a net win for the user base.

The Bad:

There seem to be some problems with difficulty tuning that makes the event not very "fun" - particularly for the intended Resistance faction. Tier IV is very trivial with a full G12 Resistance team, while Tier V has multiple characters being blown away before one takes a turn. As a result there wasn't much of a "challenge"; I collected the rewards I could and then gave up. Ideally there should be a level where one can *just* beat it with good strategy, team composition, and mods, but that wasn't the case here; went from Easy to Impossible with no-inbetween (for me at least).

This seems to be a systemic issue, as it's been remarked upon previously. If you want people to replay the event, there at least needs to be the illusion that they can win another Tier if everything breaks right.

The Ugly:

Watching SLKR solo Tiers 5-7 without taking a turn. Galactic Legends have really trivialized endgame content.
  • Oh, and how is the modifier balance anything close to fair? "Here you go, get free buffs, oh by the way, B2 will strip those any time you even breath on a Seppy. Sorry, not sorry."

Meanwhile they're 50% boosted across the board and just lay waste to everything.