Running out of Salvage?

Replies

  • 69 B) reliced toons. I don't have this issue because of..

    A. Farming low energy nodes for GL tickets.
    B. Buying the 4 pieces 4x a day for credits.

    I can understand the drought though. But if you're smart about your resource management, it shouldn't be an issue.
  • TVF
    30978 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I'm a day 1 f2p with 6.4m gp and 59 toons at relics. I may have put a leash on it and kept at 6.0m gp, but lower than that would be roster stagnation just to not get bottlenecked with these. I'm not bottlenecked yet either, but going there for sure. Naturally you can guess r3 jkls don't cut it at this gp.

    How so?

    @MaruMaru
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    I just made a rough calculation and saw where the real horror show lays for me. After I'm done with luke+palpy, my chromium stock will be fully gone. If I wanted to do kylo after that, I would need 1k chromiums. Besides super slow accumulation to account for some of it, that costs 40k crystals. 2000 carbonites costs 10k crystals even if peeps run out of it.

    We are still waiting on the crafitibility problem btw. I need this to be made craftable without using toons as I have no toons to craft them on.

    vgkttknuegxi.png

    I think assuming that you'll do 3 more GLs of you have one or none at this point is unrealistic. I have no GLs and I'm going after Papa palps first.

    After that I'll probably do Luke since his requirements aren't that bad and I have many of them at g12 and they are currently still useful.

    However after I'm done with that, Rey and Kylo will be over a year old and likely have enough counters that it is difficult to justify that heavy of investment. There are no events that you specifically need resistance or first order for so no stuff from that. Kylo can solo hstr but I'd bet that either palps or jml will as well. Or another team will soon enough.

    So I'll probably stock up for the next GL after my first two. I'd be nice to have everything but CG puts the bottleneck in so that to have everything you have to spend. Wise resource management can help but at this point ftp will probably have to skip relicing some teams.

    Some consolation for those that already have GLs but are facing the bottleneck on the last one. You have time. The GLs you have will likely still hold in arena and the next pair will likely be 8 months down the road. You can stock up in the mean time.

    That may mean skipping a toon or two that you'd like to relic. Or even skipping a GL if it isn't really needed for much.

    Or you can become a kracken and get everything now.

    But bottlenecks are part of CGs business model and it isn't going to change. You may not like this one. Personally, I hate the stun gun one worse at the moment but I understand that this one can also be frustrating.

    But the best advice I have if you're facing this crunch is to focus on what you can control. Worrying about what CG will do is a waste of effort.

    The things you can do to mitigate thos issue.

    1. Don't pass up the cheap gear for credits. It's a minor amount but it adds up

    2. Make sure you can beat the challenge tiers 2 and 3 of the assault battles. I think you get like 10 carbonite salvage for each of those so that's 120 a month. Long term that adds up.

    3. Focus on the GL that over has requirements that help beat the assualt battles first. That's palp and Luke. Palp gives you most of an imp trooper team that can auto rebel roundup and enough empire and sith to probably beat those easily as well. Luke gives you enough rebels to beat that one and with jkl enough jedi to easily finish that one. That leaves only ns for the last. It may or may not be worth putting high relics on them for just one event. Assuming the event stays as is for a few years it probably is in the long run.

    4. Skip relicing stuff that has limited value in the game. This may also include some teams that are meta right now. I'll probably skip GL Rey simply because by the time I get to her, she likely won't be useful enough to justify the investment. Same probably goes for Kylo. I'd rather get the new GLs and be set for the next ones than go back and get the old ones and miss the next meta.

    3 gls isn't unrealistic in my case at all. Upto now I got 1 gl+jkl, that's close to 2 gls and paves the way to one of them. Here's what's left for luke+palpy (which is almost less than only kylo in my case). The reason I may not palpy or leave him for later would be introduction of a new leg/epic/hero. Otherwise both will surely be done before a new batch of gls emerge.

    xfg7gronojhr.png


    I responded to your case vs. my case in the earlier message, you are playing catch up so your case isn't an example of when the flock starts to hit some newly emerging bottleneck. Ofc all of those bottleneck has been invented and placed much earlier and our mileage will vary who hits what wall just like the yellow ball debacle.

    While going through my junk for this topic I found out chromiums will be a much more problematic bottleneck than carbonites. Having to buy all of carbonites is only a smidge of resources needed to complete a gl while chromiums are much more serious.

    Most of your pointers are universally applicable to some degree...except this "skip everything besides best of the best" that only makes sense in terms of catch-up players. i.e. how tws currently look for me: both sides started having high star chewpios where some are completing them, both sides are using mon mothra teams to some degree and most of important of all piett is becoming a staple for reliable gl countering with vader. Even without their contribution to gls, I will complete and relic all of these 3. If I was to abide by your logic I should have skipped all 3 unless I'm going for a gl that needs them. But they are good enough in and off themselves at this gp and competition.

    If we were to develop this skip most things mentality in a large portion of the playerbase, I don't see much joy left in playing the game or looking forward to what new releases will be. Same goes for new content that has been quite absent in the game, but will be needing this type stuff as they get released.

  • scuba
    12805 posts Member
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I'm a day 1 f2p with 6.4m gp and 59 toons at relics. I may have put a leash on it and kept at 6.0m gp, but lower than that would be roster stagnation just to not get bottlenecked with these. I'm not bottlenecked yet either, but going there for sure. Naturally you can guess r3 jkls don't cut it at this gp.

    How so?

    @MaruMaru

    Don't wanna go off topic with you. If you are talking about r3 jkl, the answer is a question: why not leave a gl at r3 because it works fine like that too?
  • TVF
    30978 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I'm a day 1 f2p with 6.4m gp and 59 toons at relics. I may have put a leash on it and kept at 6.0m gp, but lower than that would be roster stagnation just to not get bottlenecked with these. I'm not bottlenecked yet either, but going there for sure. Naturally you can guess r3 jkls don't cut it at this gp.

    How so?

    @MaruMaru

    Don't wanna go off topic with you. If you are talking about r3 jkl, the answer is a question: why not leave a gl at r3 because it works fine like that too?

    Yes I am talking about JKL at R3, and if the GL works fine at R3, why wouldn't you?

    Doesn't answer my question, which is why doesn't a R3 JKL cut it at your GP?
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba wrote: »
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:

    I don't expect them to do much about it either. They will probably keep adding these new event types and new tiers on very controlled amounts. It won't be pretty when they add new relic levels and r7 people avoid like the plague right now will be another floor though. Along with electirium and zinbiddles, chromiums will be getting lots of grief air time.
  • I have a solution for the Chromium Crunch.

    You know those Blue MK 7 pieces that people have tons of salvage for, but can’t craft? That are really efficient to get Chromium salvage but only used for a few toons at gear 6-7?

    You can buy 5 MK 7 BlasTech Weapon Mods in the guild store. Fully crafted. 150 Guild Currency.

    That nets you 33 Chromium Transitors.

    y6f82m55htmh.png
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I just made a rough calculation and saw where the real horror show lays for me. After I'm done with luke+palpy, my chromium stock will be fully gone. If I wanted to do kylo after that, I would need 1k chromiums. Besides super slow accumulation to account for some of it, that costs 40k crystals. 2000 carbonites costs 10k crystals even if peeps run out of it.

    We are still waiting on the crafitibility problem btw. I need this to be made craftable without using toons as I have no toons to craft them on.

    vgkttknuegxi.png

    I think assuming that you'll do 3 more GLs of you have one or none at this point is unrealistic. I have no GLs and I'm going after Papa palps first.

    After that I'll probably do Luke since his requirements aren't that bad and I have many of them at g12 and they are currently still useful.

    However after I'm done with that, Rey and Kylo will be over a year old and likely have enough counters that it is difficult to justify that heavy of investment. There are no events that you specifically need resistance or first order for so no stuff from that. Kylo can solo hstr but I'd bet that either palps or jml will as well. Or another team will soon enough.

    So I'll probably stock up for the next GL after my first two. I'd be nice to have everything but CG puts the bottleneck in so that to have everything you have to spend. Wise resource management can help but at this point ftp will probably have to skip relicing some teams.

    Some consolation for those that already have GLs but are facing the bottleneck on the last one. You have time. The GLs you have will likely still hold in arena and the next pair will likely be 8 months down the road. You can stock up in the mean time.

    That may mean skipping a toon or two that you'd like to relic. Or even skipping a GL if it isn't really needed for much.

    Or you can become a kracken and get everything now.

    But bottlenecks are part of CGs business model and it isn't going to change. You may not like this one. Personally, I hate the stun gun one worse at the moment but I understand that this one can also be frustrating.

    But the best advice I have if you're facing this crunch is to focus on what you can control. Worrying about what CG will do is a waste of effort.

    The things you can do to mitigate thos issue.

    1. Don't pass up the cheap gear for credits. It's a minor amount but it adds up

    2. Make sure you can beat the challenge tiers 2 and 3 of the assault battles. I think you get like 10 carbonite salvage for each of those so that's 120 a month. Long term that adds up.

    3. Focus on the GL that over has requirements that help beat the assualt battles first. That's palp and Luke. Palp gives you most of an imp trooper team that can auto rebel roundup and enough empire and sith to probably beat those easily as well. Luke gives you enough rebels to beat that one and with jkl enough jedi to easily finish that one. That leaves only ns for the last. It may or may not be worth putting high relics on them for just one event. Assuming the event stays as is for a few years it probably is in the long run.

    4. Skip relicing stuff that has limited value in the game. This may also include some teams that are meta right now. I'll probably skip GL Rey simply because by the time I get to her, she likely won't be useful enough to justify the investment. Same probably goes for Kylo. I'd rather get the new GLs and be set for the next ones than go back and get the old ones and miss the next meta.

    3 gls isn't unrealistic in my case at all. Upto now I got 1 gl+jkl, that's close to 2 gls and paves the way to one of them. Here's what's left for luke+palpy (which is almost less than only kylo in my case). The reason I may not palpy or leave him for later would be introduction of a new leg/epic/hero. Otherwise both will surely be done before a new batch of gls emerge.

    xfg7gronojhr.png


    I responded to your case vs. my case in the earlier message, you are playing catch up so your case isn't an example of when the flock starts to hit some newly emerging bottleneck. Ofc all of those bottleneck has been invented and placed much earlier and our mileage will vary who hits what wall just like the yellow ball debacle.

    While going through my junk for this topic I found out chromiums will be a much more problematic bottleneck than carbonites. Having to buy all of carbonites is only a smidge of resources needed to complete a gl while chromiums are much more serious.

    Most of your pointers are universally applicable to some degree...except this "skip everything besides best of the best" that only makes sense in terms of catch-up players. i.e. how tws currently look for me: both sides started having high star chewpios where some are completing them, both sides are using mon mothra teams to some degree and most of important of all piett is becoming a staple for reliable gl countering with vader. Even without their contribution to gls, I will complete and relic all of these 3. If I was to abide by your logic I should have skipped all 3 unless I'm going for a gl that needs them. But they are good enough in and off themselves at this gp and competition.

    If we were to develop this skip most things mentality in a large portion of the playerbase, I don't see much joy left in playing the game or looking forward to what new releases will be. Same goes for new content that has been quite absent in the game, but will be needing this type stuff as they get released.

    I'm not suggesting that every player skips all but the most useful toons. Just that skipping some toons can be a strategy if you lack the resources to finish them all.

    And chewpio and mon mothma are good characters. And I don't intend to skip them since they will make multiple parts of the game easier. Though that may change since plans have to be evolving.

    However, I don't agree that rushing them is necessarily smart. If you are going for jml then there's an arguement but if not, then it's probably not worth the extra crystals to refresh the node more than once. But to each their own on that decision.

    But my point on skipping characters completely at times is still valid even if you are not playing catchup. Unless you are a kracken, you have to make choices.

    And you can survive GAC and TW without chewpio or mon mothma. There are counters and there is viability as a b or c team with a low star g11 mon mothma with little investment.

    What you skip is of course entirely up to you but everyone but the biggest krackens skip something. I am merely pointing out that it is sometimes better to see this up front and not waste resources towards a team that you later decide to leave unfinished because they are no longer as viable.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    I have a solution for the Chromium Crunch.

    You know those Blue MK 7 pieces that people have tons of salvage for, but can’t craft? That are really efficient to get Chromium salvage but only used for a few toons at gear 6-7?

    You can buy 5 MK 7 BlasTech Weapon Mods in the guild store. Fully crafted. 150 Guild Currency.

    That nets you 33 Chromium Transitors.

    y6f82m55htmh.png

    Very cool pointer! Thanks, I never paid attention to this.
  • TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I'm a day 1 f2p with 6.4m gp and 59 toons at relics. I may have put a leash on it and kept at 6.0m gp, but lower than that would be roster stagnation just to not get bottlenecked with these. I'm not bottlenecked yet either, but going there for sure. Naturally you can guess r3 jkls don't cut it at this gp.

    How so?

    @MaruMaru

    Don't wanna go off topic with you. If you are talking about r3 jkl, the answer is a question: why not leave a gl at r3 because it works fine like that too?

    Yes I am talking about JKL at R3, and if the GL works fine at R3, why wouldn't you?

    Doesn't answer my question, which is why doesn't a R3 JKL cut it at your GP?

    I agree. If you can win in arena and anywhere in the game you use a character at R3 there is no reason to go higher unless things change. The character being jkl or even a GL doesn't change that.

    Of course you have to eventually R7 jkl if you want Jml but he's not even out yet so there's no hurry.

    And assuming you reach kyber in div 1 for GAC, gearing just for that is a waste of resources in my opinion.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:

    I don't expect them to do much about it either. They will probably keep adding these new event types and new tiers on very controlled amounts. It won't be pretty when they add new relic levels and r7 people avoid like the plague right now will be another floor though. Along with electirium and zinbiddles, chromiums will be getting lots of grief air time.

    Is your argument that you need to r7 we're whole teams because they may release r8 at some point?

    Seems to me having the resources available to r7 characters that are better at r8 would be a better planning strategy than trying to randomly guess based on what's good now.
  • @Sewpot
    For chromium and only cost 150 raid currency. Buy it whenever it's available and you'll never run short (65 relic toons and high relic levels just ask anyone here and they tell you lol). Carbonite, 500 crystals for 100 is good value and buy that every week but Bronzium is my issue
    iufy05lf667o.png
    l3042rfv2veb.png
  • Ultra
    8454 posts Moderator
    edited September 2020
    scuba wrote: »
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:

    I think the next big content (raid?) will just increase the power level of relic tiers (requiring unique pieces of signal data and scraps) and hand out scraps and signal data for r1-r5 as reward to ease the earlier levels by a little bit
  • Ultra wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:

    I think the next big content (raid?) will just increase the power level of relic tiers (requiring unique pieces of signal data and scraps) and hand out scraps and signal data for r1-r5 as reward to ease the earlier levels by a little bit

    Probably. I'm sure they'll also eventually add it to a store for one of the game currencies. Like they did with mod slicing materials.

    A new table with a relic energy with the pieces and signal data would be nice but probably less likely to happen.
  • Saada wrote: »
    @Sewpot
    For chromium and only cost 150 raid currency. Buy it whenever it's available and you'll never run short (65 relic toons and high relic levels just ask anyone here and they tell you lol). Carbonite, 500 crystals for 100 is good value and buy that every week but Bronzium is my issue
    iufy05lf667o.png
    l3042rfv2veb.png
    ... I just said that?
    But you managed to find proof of it in the guild store so... sure. Proof I didn’t make this up I guess.

    Energy refreshes on LS 1-D or F are a little more efficient to farm Carbonite than buying it with crystals, but that only works for the first three. It’s a decent deal for the gear ratio.

    Bronzium I also haven’t found a good solution for... the MK 5 datapads someone suggested is a start, but you can’t get massive quantities like you can with Chromuim or sometimes Carbonite.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I just made a rough calculation and saw where the real horror show lays for me. After I'm done with luke+palpy, my chromium stock will be fully gone. If I wanted to do kylo after that, I would need 1k chromiums. Besides super slow accumulation to account for some of it, that costs 40k crystals. 2000 carbonites costs 10k crystals even if peeps run out of it.

    We are still waiting on the crafitibility problem btw. I need this to be made craftable without using toons as I have no toons to craft them on.

    vgkttknuegxi.png

    I think assuming that you'll do 3 more GLs of you have one or none at this point is unrealistic. I have no GLs and I'm going after Papa palps first.

    After that I'll probably do Luke since his requirements aren't that bad and I have many of them at g12 and they are currently still useful.

    However after I'm done with that, Rey and Kylo will be over a year old and likely have enough counters that it is difficult to justify that heavy of investment. There are no events that you specifically need resistance or first order for so no stuff from that. Kylo can solo hstr but I'd bet that either palps or jml will as well. Or another team will soon enough.

    So I'll probably stock up for the next GL after my first two. I'd be nice to have everything but CG puts the bottleneck in so that to have everything you have to spend. Wise resource management can help but at this point ftp will probably have to skip relicing some teams.

    Some consolation for those that already have GLs but are facing the bottleneck on the last one. You have time. The GLs you have will likely still hold in arena and the next pair will likely be 8 months down the road. You can stock up in the mean time.

    That may mean skipping a toon or two that you'd like to relic. Or even skipping a GL if it isn't really needed for much.

    Or you can become a kracken and get everything now.

    But bottlenecks are part of CGs business model and it isn't going to change. You may not like this one. Personally, I hate the stun gun one worse at the moment but I understand that this one can also be frustrating.

    But the best advice I have if you're facing this crunch is to focus on what you can control. Worrying about what CG will do is a waste of effort.

    The things you can do to mitigate thos issue.

    1. Don't pass up the cheap gear for credits. It's a minor amount but it adds up

    2. Make sure you can beat the challenge tiers 2 and 3 of the assault battles. I think you get like 10 carbonite salvage for each of those so that's 120 a month. Long term that adds up.

    3. Focus on the GL that over has requirements that help beat the assualt battles first. That's palp and Luke. Palp gives you most of an imp trooper team that can auto rebel roundup and enough empire and sith to probably beat those easily as well. Luke gives you enough rebels to beat that one and with jkl enough jedi to easily finish that one. That leaves only ns for the last. It may or may not be worth putting high relics on them for just one event. Assuming the event stays as is for a few years it probably is in the long run.

    4. Skip relicing stuff that has limited value in the game. This may also include some teams that are meta right now. I'll probably skip GL Rey simply because by the time I get to her, she likely won't be useful enough to justify the investment. Same probably goes for Kylo. I'd rather get the new GLs and be set for the next ones than go back and get the old ones and miss the next meta.

    3 gls isn't unrealistic in my case at all. Upto now I got 1 gl+jkl, that's close to 2 gls and paves the way to one of them. Here's what's left for luke+palpy (which is almost less than only kylo in my case). The reason I may not palpy or leave him for later would be introduction of a new leg/epic/hero. Otherwise both will surely be done before a new batch of gls emerge.

    xfg7gronojhr.png


    I responded to your case vs. my case in the earlier message, you are playing catch up so your case isn't an example of when the flock starts to hit some newly emerging bottleneck. Ofc all of those bottleneck has been invented and placed much earlier and our mileage will vary who hits what wall just like the yellow ball debacle.

    While going through my junk for this topic I found out chromiums will be a much more problematic bottleneck than carbonites. Having to buy all of carbonites is only a smidge of resources needed to complete a gl while chromiums are much more serious.

    Most of your pointers are universally applicable to some degree...except this "skip everything besides best of the best" that only makes sense in terms of catch-up players. i.e. how tws currently look for me: both sides started having high star chewpios where some are completing them, both sides are using mon mothra teams to some degree and most of important of all piett is becoming a staple for reliable gl countering with vader. Even without their contribution to gls, I will complete and relic all of these 3. If I was to abide by your logic I should have skipped all 3 unless I'm going for a gl that needs them. But they are good enough in and off themselves at this gp and competition.

    If we were to develop this skip most things mentality in a large portion of the playerbase, I don't see much joy left in playing the game or looking forward to what new releases will be. Same goes for new content that has been quite absent in the game, but will be needing this type stuff as they get released.

    I'm not suggesting that every player skips all but the most useful toons. Just that skipping some toons can be a strategy if you lack the resources to finish them all.

    And chewpio and mon mothma are good characters. And I don't intend to skip them since they will make multiple parts of the game easier. Though that may change since plans have to be evolving.

    However, I don't agree that rushing them is necessarily smart. If you are going for jml then there's an arguement but if not, then it's probably not worth the extra crystals to refresh the node more than once. But to each their own on that decision.

    But my point on skipping characters completely at times is still valid even if you are not playing catchup. Unless you are a kracken, you have to make choices.

    And you can survive GAC and TW without chewpio or mon mothma. There are counters and there is viability as a b or c team with a low star g11 mon mothma with little investment.

    What you skip is of course entirely up to you but everyone but the biggest krackens skip something. I am merely pointing out that it is sometimes better to see this up front and not waste resources towards a team that you later decide to leave unfinished because they are no longer as viable.

    I agree with -farm without refills- unless gl or other time restricted pushes are present for a toon. I'm rushing for luke because I'm so close on full gear needs and shards will complete late even with the rush.

    I don't agree with viability of meta skipping for arena for a player that gets 1-2 everyday. Spender or not, there's serious income at stake there. Even more important if one is f2p.

    GLs might be an exception to this, because cg announced similar power differential for them. But for everything that came before, it was always a power creep. Those that have skipped metas or were very late to it and relied on counters had horrible time in that meta duration. More refills, more drops, more time spent each day.

    And eventually they had to get those teams too since there's no such thing as not having gas at high gps. Everyone has everything from the previous metas, not having one of them puts you at a disadvantage in gac and it'll be weird for a high gp competetive guild in terms of tb/tw.
  • Saada
    585 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »
    @Sewpot
    For chromium and only cost 150 raid currency. Buy it whenever it's available and you'll never run short (65 relic toons and high relic levels just ask anyone here and they tell you lol). Carbonite, 500 crystals for 100 is good value and buy that every week but Bronzium is my issue
    iufy05lf667o.png
    l3042rfv2veb.png
    ... I just said that?
    But you managed to find proof of it in the guild store so... sure. Proof I didn’t make this up I guess.

    Energy refreshes on LS 1-D or F are a little more efficient to farm Carbonite than buying it with crystals, but that only works for the first three. It’s a decent deal for the gear ratio.

    Bronzium I also haven’t found a good solution for... the MK 5 datapads someone suggested is a start, but you can’t get massive quantities like you can with Chromuim or sometimes Carbonite.

    I was on an earlier page when I tagged sewpot and didn't see your response lol. I mentioned this to my guild earlier in the week so wasn't trying to steal your post. But no harm in doubling up 👍

    snn31w8zk1s6.png
  • MaruMaru
    2346 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:

    I don't expect them to do much about it either. They will probably keep adding these new event types and new tiers on very controlled amounts. It won't be pretty when they add new relic levels and r7 people avoid like the plague right now will be another floor though. Along with electirium and zinbiddles, chromiums will be getting lots of grief air time.

    Is your argument that you need to r7 we're whole teams because they may release r8 at some point?

    Seems to me having the resources available to r7 characters that are better at r8 would be a better planning strategy than trying to randomly guess based on what's good now.

    I didn't say you'll need to r7+ whole teams, but surely some that you feel fine keeping at low relics right now. Doubt new relic tiers will only be about some more multipliers but will have other effects. This is not only speculation, cg teased us about relic abilities when they introduced it. Anyway when this happens you'll also be facing relic mat bottleneck which you think is managable for now.

    For the jkl/gl being fine at low relics...I don't think this needs a discussion in length. That may be the case for low gp competition in various modes. It certainly is not for high gp tw/gac and a high gp guild pushing for more stars in tb. Same goes for old competetive arenas, it would mean being the preferred target.
  • TVF
    30978 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:

    I don't expect them to do much about it either. They will probably keep adding these new event types and new tiers on very controlled amounts. It won't be pretty when they add new relic levels and r7 people avoid like the plague right now will be another floor though. Along with electirium and zinbiddles, chromiums will be getting lots of grief air time.

    Is your argument that you need to r7 we're whole teams because they may release r8 at some point?

    Seems to me having the resources available to r7 characters that are better at r8 would be a better planning strategy than trying to randomly guess based on what's good now.

    I didn't say you'll need to r7+ whole teams, but surely some that you feel fine keeping at low relics right now. Doubt new relic tiers will only be about some more multipliers but will have other effects. This is not only speculation, cg teased us about relic abilities when they introduced it. Anyway when this happens you'll also be facing relic mat bottleneck which you think is managable for now.

    For the jkl/gl being fine at low relics...I don't think this needs a discussion in length. That may be the case for low gp competition in various modes. It certainly is not for high gp tw/gac and a high gp guild pushing for more stars in tb. Same goes for old competetive arenas, it would mean being the preferred target.

    It certainly is fine for TB, I'm in a 308m guild that got 22 stars last TB and my r3 JKL did a 16/16.

    Same goes for old competitive arena, where the r3 JKL on my Rey team holds in the 20-40 range most days.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:

    I don't expect them to do much about it either. They will probably keep adding these new event types and new tiers on very controlled amounts. It won't be pretty when they add new relic levels and r7 people avoid like the plague right now will be another floor though. Along with electirium and zinbiddles, chromiums will be getting lots of grief air time.

    Is your argument that you need to r7 we're whole teams because they may release r8 at some point?

    Seems to me having the resources available to r7 characters that are better at r8 would be a better planning strategy than trying to randomly guess based on what's good now.

    I didn't say you'll need to r7+ whole teams, but surely some that you feel fine keeping at low relics right now. Doubt new relic tiers will only be about some more multipliers but will have other effects. This is not only speculation, cg teased us about relic abilities when they introduced it. Anyway when this happens you'll also be facing relic mat bottleneck which you think is managable for now.

    For the jkl/gl being fine at low relics...I don't think this needs a discussion in length. That may be the case for low gp competition in various modes. It certainly is not for high gp tw/gac and a high gp guild pushing for more stars in tb. Same goes for old competetive arenas, it would mean being the preferred target.

    It certainly is fine for TB, I'm in a 308m guild that got 22 stars last TB and my r3 JKL did a 16/16.

    Same goes for old competitive arena, where the r3 JKL on my Rey team holds in the 20-40 range most days.

    Cool, so your presentation of good enough is your surely r7 rey+r3 jkls (which is not even necessary for the team or is the meta by himself) holding in 20-40 range. Gotcha.
  • TVF
    30978 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:

    I don't expect them to do much about it either. They will probably keep adding these new event types and new tiers on very controlled amounts. It won't be pretty when they add new relic levels and r7 people avoid like the plague right now will be another floor though. Along with electirium and zinbiddles, chromiums will be getting lots of grief air time.

    Is your argument that you need to r7 we're whole teams because they may release r8 at some point?

    Seems to me having the resources available to r7 characters that are better at r8 would be a better planning strategy than trying to randomly guess based on what's good now.

    I didn't say you'll need to r7+ whole teams, but surely some that you feel fine keeping at low relics right now. Doubt new relic tiers will only be about some more multipliers but will have other effects. This is not only speculation, cg teased us about relic abilities when they introduced it. Anyway when this happens you'll also be facing relic mat bottleneck which you think is managable for now.

    For the jkl/gl being fine at low relics...I don't think this needs a discussion in length. That may be the case for low gp competition in various modes. It certainly is not for high gp tw/gac and a high gp guild pushing for more stars in tb. Same goes for old competetive arenas, it would mean being the preferred target.

    It certainly is fine for TB, I'm in a 308m guild that got 22 stars last TB and my r3 JKL did a 16/16.

    Same goes for old competitive arena, where the r3 JKL on my Rey team holds in the 20-40 range most days.

    Cool, so your presentation of good enough is your surely r7 rey+r3 jkls (which is not even necessary for the team or is the meta by himself) holding in 20-40 range. Gotcha.

    Um, ok. If you want to make a weird point about that and ignore, TB, that's fine. But if your R7 JKL is holding better in arena you're not in a competitive shard, just an old one.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:

    I don't expect them to do much about it either. They will probably keep adding these new event types and new tiers on very controlled amounts. It won't be pretty when they add new relic levels and r7 people avoid like the plague right now will be another floor though. Along with electirium and zinbiddles, chromiums will be getting lots of grief air time.

    Is your argument that you need to r7 we're whole teams because they may release r8 at some point?

    Seems to me having the resources available to r7 characters that are better at r8 would be a better planning strategy than trying to randomly guess based on what's good now.

    I didn't say you'll need to r7+ whole teams, but surely some that you feel fine keeping at low relics right now. Doubt new relic tiers will only be about some more multipliers but will have other effects. This is not only speculation, cg teased us about relic abilities when they introduced it. Anyway when this happens you'll also be facing relic mat bottleneck which you think is managable for now.

    For the jkl/gl being fine at low relics...I don't think this needs a discussion in length. That may be the case for low gp competition in various modes. It certainly is not for high gp tw/gac and a high gp guild pushing for more stars in tb. Same goes for old competetive arenas, it would mean being the preferred target.

    It certainly is fine for TB, I'm in a 308m guild that got 22 stars last TB and my r3 JKL did a 16/16.

    Same goes for old competitive arena, where the r3 JKL on my Rey team holds in the 20-40 range most days.

    My arena is full of r7 GLs and my Vader team with a g11 wat holds between 20 and 40 most days. Wat in that team only has to put the tech on vader and then he serves little purpose so relicing him for just that wouldn't make it hold better.
  • TVF
    30978 posts Member
    Holding 20-40 with Vader says way more about your shard than the use of relics lol.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Holding 20-40 with Vader says way more about your shard than the use of relics lol.
    Or he's in a shard chat. Either way, this shard measuring e-fight y'all are in is a bit off topic. Take it to PMs. ;)

    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    30978 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Holding 20-40 with Vader says way more about your shard than the use of relics lol.
    Or he's in a shard chat. Either way, this shard measuring e-fight y'all are in is a bit off topic. Take it to PMs. ;)

    It's not off topic, the discussion is regarding the usage of relic salvage and the need to R7 everything.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:

    I don't expect them to do much about it either. They will probably keep adding these new event types and new tiers on very controlled amounts. It won't be pretty when they add new relic levels and r7 people avoid like the plague right now will be another floor though. Along with electirium and zinbiddles, chromiums will be getting lots of grief air time.

    Is your argument that you need to r7 we're whole teams because they may release r8 at some point?

    Seems to me having the resources available to r7 characters that are better at r8 would be a better planning strategy than trying to randomly guess based on what's good now.

    I didn't say you'll need to r7+ whole teams, but surely some that you feel fine keeping at low relics right now. Doubt new relic tiers will only be about some more multipliers but will have other effects. This is not only speculation, cg teased us about relic abilities when they introduced it. Anyway when this happens you'll also be facing relic mat bottleneck which you think is managable for now.

    For the jkl/gl being fine at low relics...I don't think this needs a discussion in length. That may be the case for low gp competition in various modes. It certainly is not for high gp tw/gac and a high gp guild pushing for more stars in tb. Same goes for old competetive arenas, it would mean being the preferred target.

    Ok but if you r7 the 501st team for example, and r8 comes out a year from now, and you need to r8 a new team that isn't in the game right now, you aren't any closer than someone that didn't r7 them.

    In fact, if the other player saved the signal data and salvage needed for relics, they will push the new team to r7 faster than you would.

    If you get more rewards from an r7 501st then of course it's worth it. But if you can get kyber in GAC div 1 without r7 on that team and either have other teams intb that can beat the missions or can do it at less than r7, there really is no point in taking them that high.

    The relic materials are better used on other toons or saved at that point
  • Saada wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »
    @Sewpot
    For chromium and only cost 150 raid currency. Buy it whenever it's available and you'll never run short (65 relic toons and high relic levels just ask anyone here and they tell you lol). Carbonite, 500 crystals for 100 is good value and buy that every week but Bronzium is my issue
    iufy05lf667o.png
    l3042rfv2veb.png
    ... I just said that?
    But you managed to find proof of it in the guild store so... sure. Proof I didn’t make this up I guess.

    Energy refreshes on LS 1-D or F are a little more efficient to farm Carbonite than buying it with crystals, but that only works for the first three. It’s a decent deal for the gear ratio.

    Bronzium I also haven’t found a good solution for... the MK 5 datapads someone suggested is a start, but you can’t get massive quantities like you can with Chromuim or sometimes Carbonite.

    I was on an earlier page when I tagged sewpot and didn't see your response lol. I mentioned this to my guild earlier in the week so wasn't trying to steal your post. But no harm in doubling up 👍

    Yeah, you’re good. It’s kind of a relief that this is a known thing instead of an exploity-thing that might get changed...
  • TVF wrote: »
    Holding 20-40 with Vader says way more about your shard than the use of relics lol.

    Maybe. Some days are better than others. 20-40 on a good day. 80 on a bad.

    My point was that relics on one character wouldn't change that.

    I'm working full steam to papa palps to change it long term.
  • TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Good luck to those that expect something will be done about this resource crunch.
    Resource crunches are just replaced with another one, so if it isn't this one it will just be another one to replace it. The only thing i expect to eventually see is the mysterious gear maker to help optimize conversion, and I don't even have high hopes that it will be anytime soon :tm:

    I don't expect them to do much about it either. They will probably keep adding these new event types and new tiers on very controlled amounts. It won't be pretty when they add new relic levels and r7 people avoid like the plague right now will be another floor though. Along with electirium and zinbiddles, chromiums will be getting lots of grief air time.

    Is your argument that you need to r7 we're whole teams because they may release r8 at some point?

    Seems to me having the resources available to r7 characters that are better at r8 would be a better planning strategy than trying to randomly guess based on what's good now.

    I didn't say you'll need to r7+ whole teams, but surely some that you feel fine keeping at low relics right now. Doubt new relic tiers will only be about some more multipliers but will have other effects. This is not only speculation, cg teased us about relic abilities when they introduced it. Anyway when this happens you'll also be facing relic mat bottleneck which you think is managable for now.

    For the jkl/gl being fine at low relics...I don't think this needs a discussion in length. That may be the case for low gp competition in various modes. It certainly is not for high gp tw/gac and a high gp guild pushing for more stars in tb. Same goes for old competetive arenas, it would mean being the preferred target.

    It certainly is fine for TB, I'm in a 308m guild that got 22 stars last TB and my r3 JKL did a 16/16.

    Same goes for old competitive arena, where the r3 JKL on my Rey team holds in the 20-40 range most days.

    Cool, so your presentation of good enough is your surely r7 rey+r3 jkls (which is not even necessary for the team or is the meta by himself) holding in 20-40 range. Gotcha.

    Um, ok. If you want to make a weird point about that and ignore, TB, that's fine. But if your R7 JKL is holding better in arena you're not in a competitive shard, just an old one.

    Jkl is not arena meta, it's just one of the options that can go into the meta. So why is your rey r7 btw? Getting the best toons avaliable to us to their best performance is common sense and what majority does given that toon benefits from it.

    Let's drop the off topic unless you will tie it to relic mats in some way. I doubt having the few best of best at high relics is what's bottlenecking anyone for relic mats.
Sign In or Register to comment.