iPad screen resolution still not supported?

mrbofus
3 posts Member
edited September 2020
It has been years since the iPad has had a high screen resolution, and over two years since I started playing the game, yet there is still no support for the higher resolution on the iPad. Why is this? The attached screenshots clearly show that the iPhone version has more shown on the screen than the iPad version. This makes no sense. EA has the financial resources and has had plenty of time.

(This is on an iPhone 11 Pro Max and a 11" iPad Pro, both running iOS/iPadOS 13.7 and with the most recent version of the app. Given that the iPhone 11 Pro Max has a resolution of 2688x1242 and the 11-inch iPad Pro has a resolution of 2388x1668, it seems pretty clear from the screenshots that they are seeing the same amount vertically (despite the iPad Pro have 426 more pixels vertically) while the iPhone sees MUCH more (almost twice as much!) than the extra 300 pixels it has horizontally.)

ieo9tuvm0ojt.png

bfsnblyoxzss.png

Replies

• Just treated myself with an iPad for the first time in my life (an old iPad 5, but still ^^). The game looks very clunky and to be fair, it's really a let down.

Any way around it ?
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    iPhone is 2.16:1 aspect ratio so it'll display way more horizontally than the iPad can at only 1.43:1. Unless you want it letterboxed...

If you look at both captures, they're displaying the same amount of vertical information (lights at the bottom front of the holotable up to the two columns on the left/right of the "bar"). It's most likely a UI issue as they can't "zoom out" the cantina to make the horizontals match.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    iPhone is 2.16:1 aspect ratio so it'll display way more horizontally than the iPad can at only 1.43:1. Unless you want it letterboxed...

If you look at both captures, they're displaying the same amount of vertical information (lights at the bottom front of the holotable up to the two columns on the left/right of the "bar"). It's most likely a UI issue as they can't "zoom out" the cantina to make the horizontals match.
    Thx for the input ! Managing mods is really a bigger chore when you have only 2 columns :(