Please do NOT nerf Dooku

Hangfire
497 posts Member
edited March 2016
If people take time to learn the game, they will realize that Dooku is just another character that has strengths and weakness' If the devs are going to tamper with anyone, buff some characters to make the game a bit more diverse.

Stop crying for the Dooku nerf and farm one up for yourselves. People come into the game don't take the time to read up on strategy, don't take the time or spend the money to build up a fieldable squad, get their clocks cleaned by a well built team and race to the forum to WHINE about it.

Replies

• +1.
    I run full Jedi and don't have any concerns about Dooku and he's an Anti-Jedi character. Honestly there is a decent list of character's that are way more of a threat than he is.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    This game is actually pretty balanced. I said in another post i have never seen so much diversity since the game's launch. Ewoks, clones, fo, jedi, sith, whatever are all considered viable teams now and I regularly see these teams within the top 10 and top 100 brackets.

If anything, it doesn't really matter who you use so long as RNG is on your side. Also, RG helps :)
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    dooku has way too many abilities. some should be removed. will never understand why he got a buff when he was one of the OP characters.

I think EA did a good job on making RG a more viable character, unfortunately they dropped the ball on Dooku

why doesn't coruscant police or jedi knight guardian get some love?

the objective should be balance between ALL characters. even if you will always have slight advantages for some since nothing can be perfectly balanced, but the gap between crapppy characters and best characters would be greatly reduced

this game is repetitive enough. making arena teams all the same battle just gets boring quick. one of the most enjoyable and surprising fights I have had lately was with teebo ewok team - I give kudos to the guy who had the balls to try something different. there are so many characters in game yet 80% are not used. this needs a major fix
  • Dooku is the most unfair character in the game. Period.
    This is coming from a person who had Dooku.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    LOL Dook whiners, save him for last, he is one of the easiest enemies to defeat.
  • Deww
    16 posts Member
    If he was fair then why is 90% of the leaderboards Dooku leads? Because he's broke and everyone is taking advantage. And so am I. His dodge leader is calculated wrong or something he and team dodges at least 50%.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Well I have to admit as soon as I realized the ai was dodging about 500% more then usual, my first thought was Dooku. I put him at lead and watched as the whole top 20 on my server slowly made the switch to Dooku lead. He wasn't OP before, but that funky ai nerf that increased dodge levels across the board plays to his strengths. Get rid of dodge voodoo, not Dooku.
  • AKK889
    159 posts Member
    Deww wrote: »
    If he was fair then why is 90% of the leaderboards Dooku leads? Because he's broke and everyone is taking advantage. .

No, QGJ and Dooku equally rule the ladder.
    I guess you think QGJ is broken too?

Wonder why so many people complain about Dooku being OP because he is leading teams in the ladder, but none complains when QGJ does exactly the same.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Dooku is fine, but dodge (not Dookus only) currently is kinda bugged atm.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • baevar
    53 posts Member
    AKK889 wrote: »
    No, QGJ and Dooku equally rule the ladder.
    I guess you think QGJ is broken too?

Wonder why so many people complain about Dooku being OP because he is leading teams in the ladder, but none complains when QGJ does exactly the same.

'No one complains about QGJ' is obviously not true. But..with the Yoda challenge and him being in the cantina store, I think pretty much everyone has him or is working on it.
  • Dooku is a pushover. People just don't like that sometimes he tickles you 3 or 4 times. He's pretty harmless if you know what you're doing.

I find Sid way more annoying on a Dooku lead team. But a nerf is by no means necessary.
  • He isnt too bad for the most part. The offense up on dodge and his speed/stun are a problem for me.
    AoE against Dooku was a bad idea before. Now if you AOE with negative effect against a Dooku lead team everyone resists and gains offense up. Now you absolutely cannot AOE. On top of the buff, he will automatically counter with OU AND a 15%damage boost for counter, AND chance to gain 35% turn meter.
    I wonder how they thought it was a good idea to give the fastest character in the game a chance to stun 2/5 of the other teams characters on the very first turn of the match?