New Character shard drop rates

123457Next

Replies

• Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    I can't believe how much this comes up, I guess most people don't like / understand math lol
  • TVF wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Has he used any sin tickets yet though

The proper word is "Indulgence".

I saw that typo and decided to leave it in lol.

And I thank you for that ! I'm so proud of this joke that I might need a sin ticket for hubris pretty soon.

Too bad we must keep things PG, it deserves its own "off topic" post (Sinning challenge comes to mind).
  • Ok so some logical fallacies the op is making.

1. The drop rate is lower for new characters but if you buy refreshes they change it back up.

I don't think the op actually believes this. If that was the case, and he actually believed this, that would make the 25 crystals for a node refresh and the 50 for an energy refresh more valuable if it makes CG rise the drop rates for you. If the op actually believed this, he would be refreshing nodes since it would change the drop rate from the 15% he claims to 33%.

2. The op has formed his hypothesis in a way that it is nearly impossible to prove. If you only farm with no refreshes, the character is "old" before you can draw a statically significant amount of data. If you refresh to get data quicker. Then the op says that invalidates the test.

The only way to test this is to have several players all slow farm the new characters and aggregate the data. With the new characters right now being GL requirements, that is unlikely.

Or he can track his data for years and if the first month of farming a character always has bad drop rates that could prove his hypothesis. However, you'd need to do this for dozens of new characters for it to even begin to approach significant data.

But then the op would come up with another reason that the data is invalid if he was proven wrong.
  • But are the drop rates the same when packs for the character are in the store? :)
  • dcbfan wrote: »
    Look again Shaak Ti was out for 5 weeks before he started farming. Plus his dates are estimated. Videos on YouTube at beginning of June 2019 showing Shaak Ti and clone beating Nightsisters. NOT NEW CHARACTERS! NOT FARMED DAY 1!
    *eye roll*
    1) There are zero estimated dates. There are recorded drops and dates on posts.

2) One CANNOT farm brand new marquee characters FTP until they hit a farmable node. Prior to that, you must spend about $300 in crystals to get them from packs. This claim has zero merit.
    crzydroid wrote: »
    In case you don't want to program things yourself, here are the binomial probabilities for 5 attempts at 33% drop rate (rounded):

0 shards - 13.5%
    1 shard - 33.2%
    2 shards - 32.8%
    3 shards - 16.1%
    4 shards - 4%
    5 shards - 0.4%

For 30 attempts, grouped into ranges because I don't feel like typing out 30 percentages:

0-4: 1.3%
    5-9: 43.3%
    10-14: 51.3%
    15-19: 4%
    20-30: 0.02%

So if 1,000 people have simmed this node 5 at a time 6 times, 13 will have 0-4 shards to show for it. Sorry OP is one of the unlucky 13.

The bit I like best about this is that my Shaak Ti drops look VEEEERY similar to these predictions! With larger sample sizes, I am sure it would all fall into place.
    4gya8c8kfr7y.png
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Wow, some people are stuck in denial. The release date is from swgohevents which has the exact dates of all previous events. There's a 4 day interval past the first farming date+12 days the observation. Only @EventineElessedil knows why, but this all took place within the first 16 days the toon was farmable.
    Maybe I did not want Shaak right away. Maybe I did not start until I realized she was needed for GAS. Maybe I was finishing another farm first. Maybe accurately tracking farm data is a big commitment and I only decided to do it after seeing so many people moaning about it. Any way, the reason is irrelevant, the data is important and it was collected not long after she became FTP farmable.

And I do not know exactly what OP is going on about with this arbitrary 2-week interval thing, but any such trickery would show up quite blatantly in the 5-pt moving average on this chart, but there is no such evidence.
    6e4foldnpg7v.png
    One could easily use a 14-pt average if they wished but including more points in the index just flattens it out, collapsing toward the overall average.

Ok, now I am REALLY done! Or am I? It's that whole FREE WILL thing, you know.
  • fpfzgcail3jh.png

F2p, inconsistent 2 refills per day for rebels.

@CG_Doja_Fett

One of the longest debates in the community has always been various theories around droprates. We are experimentally capable of showcasing the droprates are flat and deduce them with thresholds.

Can we possibly get a dev statement making us sure that they are flat across the board, no -time on map for new toons- changes, no -last few shards lower droprates- and no EA patent that actively changes drop rates is used in this game . This would help everyone wasting their time tin foil arguments.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    they have commented that there is no variable drop rate changes and its always been fixed regardless of how new or old toon is

People have ignored those dev comments in the past, and they will again if Doja reafffirms that statement

Its 33%
  • Ultra wrote: »
    they have commented that there is no variable drop rate changes and its always been fixed regardless of how new or old toon is

People have ignored those dev comments in the past, and they will again if Doja reafffirms that statement

Its 33%

Still think a renewal and clarity post would go a long way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Its 33%

They didnt and will not confirm the rate, all they stated was that it's not variable.

I dont think we need that renewed or clarified. This has been clarified and confirmed multiple times.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Its 33%

They didnt and will not confirm the rate, all they stated was that it's not variable.

I dont think we need that renewed or clarified. This has been clarified and confirmed multiple times.

If you read carefully I said nothing of the sorts, not the droprates themselves. Rest is just your opinion.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Its 33%

If you read carefully I said nothing of the sorts, not the droprates themselves. Rest is just your opinion.

The first part was just an FYI.

Since you are asking for it to be "renewed", that kind of proves the point it doesnt do anything to say it again, as every so often someone will just decide they need it said again, rather than just believe what was already said.

To me it seems like it their time would be better served advocating for the player base and getting "new" or recent information out there.

Its 33%

Since you are asking for it to be "renewed", that kind of proves the point it doesnt do anything to say it again, as every so often someone will just decide they need it said again, rather than just believe what was already said.

To me it seems like it their time would be better served advocating for the player base and getting "new" or recent information out there.

It does, because the community has a renewed trust to a certain new person in the team. As you know pretty well this is not about logic but people's feelings things are a certain way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Its 33%

It does, because the community has a renewed trust to a certain new person in the team. As you know pretty well this is not about logic but people's feelings things are a certain way.

Facts dont change on beliefs or feelings.

Its 33%

Doesn't matter, human mind is fallacious. Dev statements always go a long way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020

Its 33%

Yes, which is why they made one, but now it doesn't go long enough?
    Post edited by Kyno on

Its 33%

Glad that you got it lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Its 33%

I'm pretty sure that's not how facts work.... its the nice things about facts.

Its 33%

I'm pretty sure that's not how facts work.... its the nice things about facts.

"that"?
  • Here's how my f2p, only map farming going. What about you @dcbfan ?

cec8ra2a1kmk.png
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    ch2g1dd379u2.jpeg
    We have gotten Greef & Cara shards from the GC a couple of times.
    Apart from that, everything you see is from 100% from farming, each toon, five times per day.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member

Its 33%

Stuff like this is why the forum needs a FAQ section with answers like this. Instead for someone to find that dev comment would have to do crazy searches.
    We definitely have FAQ in the community all the time over the precieved variable drop rate, GC drop rate, why this, why that that, will the old shipments get new characters added etc.
    Most of these have a CG answer somewhere in the forum, and always get asked over and over again.
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member
    I have been begging for a FAQ. :(
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I must have missed that.
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member

I must have missed that.

FeminineCircularAsiaticmouflon-size_restricted.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    edited October 2020

Sorry to detail. I have asked/suggested many times since the game started.
    Deaf ears it has fallen on.
    It doesn't even have to be a dev controled section. Mods could maintain it by quoting and linking to answers the devs provide.

Edit; detail ?!?!? Darn Autocorrect. Meant sorry to derail
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

It doesn't even have to be a dev controled section. Mods scuba could maintain it by quoting and linking to answers the devs provide.

Fix it for you. Haha.

I will talk this over with the team.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

It doesn't even have to be a dev controled section. Mods scuba could maintain it by quoting and linking to answers the devs provide.

Fix it for you. Haha.

I will talk this over with the team.

Lol. I am not allowed to be a mod or at least it wouldn't last long
  • I am not allowed to be a mod

You're selling yourself short. You could be a 3-dot mod, maybe even a green one. I myself am only a 2-dot mod, but take pride in my purple color.