Can we have a conversation about lack of content yet?

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    k

Yeah I know, stupid. But if they really do, as kyno insists, monitor these forums. I want them to see it, and maybe, hopefully, decide that not giving us at least some sort of update, on anything outside of the GL's would be appreciated. I know they JUST brought in a new community manager and that will take some time to see how it works out. Can we not just get some discussions around the feedback and follow up on GC's or really the myriad of examples provided by @BobcatSkywalker above. It seems really complicated to just understand why I should get excited about this game anymore. Feels a lot like just chugging along and its at the end state.

I wasn't saying anything about it was stupid, for the record. I just don't care what any individual's spending looks like.

I find it hard to believe they wouldn't already be tracking big spenders and I don't think a post here showing your spending makes any difference either way.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    k

Yeah I know, stupid. But if they really do, as kyno insists, monitor these forums. I want them to see it, and maybe, hopefully, decide that not giving us at least some sort of update, on anything outside of the GL's would be appreciated. I know they JUST brought in a new community manager and that will take some time to see how it works out. Can we not just get some discussions around the feedback and follow up on GC's or really the myriad of examples provided by @BobcatSkywalker above. It seems really complicated to just understand why I should get excited about this game anymore. Feels a lot like just chugging along and its at the end state.

I wasn't saying anything about it was stupid, for the record. I just don't care what any individual's spending looks like.

I find it hard to believe they wouldn't already be tracking big spenders and I don't think a post here showing your spending makes any difference either way.

Agree, it's a frustration post. Not the most effective, but I don't feel like they are truly listening. So at this point if I have to do something tacky like say hey you're losing money (even thought its a very small number for them) I just wanted to find another avenue to voice it. I'm newer to the forums and have only recently started coming here because I was getting bored. started poking around. I am no where near the amount of posting or exposure that you and many others are at with thousands of comments and posts. Again wasn't meant for anything other than for them (if they even watch) that their lack of discussions around "content" and decrease in engagements does have some impact.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Looks like the new community manager hasn't increased the communication. CG really needs to release another Road Ahead or QOL to tell us what is happening and why haven't they done stuff (ie make GC's everyday).

Seriously? He was announced Friday and it's a "holiday weekend" in the US. He hasn't actually even officially started yet.

What about now. Hopefully by the end of the day he has a post talking about whats the deal with GC's.
  • I’m drowning in all of the exciting content today....

I mean it’s super exciting to go to events and see we have nothing today, Omega battle tomorrow, Mace Windu Fleet Mastery in two days (lol), and an assault battle in 3 days. So much content to enjoy.....
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Looks like the new community manager hasn't increased the communication. CG really needs to release another Road Ahead or QOL to tell us what is happening and why haven't they done stuff (ie make GC's everyday).

Seriously? He was announced Friday and it's a "holiday weekend" in the US. He hasn't actually even officially started yet.

What about now. Hopefully by the end of the day he has a post talking about whats the deal with GC's.

What's the deal with GC's????? /seinfeld
  • Yeah, but they gave us Galactic Challenges, you all! Content that we can use our entire roster in on a daily basis! I don't know what you are even complaining for when we have these aweseme Galactic Challenges to play EVERY SINGLE DAY AS PROMISED!!!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Promised?

Show your work.
  • I don't know the exact post, nor do I have the desire to search it out. We were promised that the lack of content was leading to a new game mode that we could play daily and use our entire rosters on. And that content was brought to us as Galactic Challenges.

And that is exactly what they delivered.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I don't know the exact post, nor do I have the desire to search it out. We were promised that the lack of content was leading to a new game mode that we could play daily and use our entire rosters on.

We were not promised that lol.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Promised?

Show your work.
    CG_TopHat wrote:
    Our main goal for this feature is to provide more activities for players each day.

I'll just drop this right here.

Do I need to drop the definition of "promise" in here?
    Promised?

Show your work.

You're here constantly. Don't you read the posts from the devs? They don't make that many...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/232219/the-road-ahead-6-26-2020#latest

Hi Holotable Heroes,
    We’re excited to begin sharing details about the next feature coming to the holotables in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes: Galactic Challenges.
    Our main goal for this feature is to provide more activities for players each day. We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim. Galactic Challenges are the first in a series of features (similar to how Grand Arena was the basis for Grand Arena Championships) that will work together to offer new ways to utilize your collection.

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Promised?

Show your work.
    CG_TopHat wrote:
    Our main goal for this feature is to provide more activities for players each day.

• Look at TVF defending lack of content. What’s new
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Look at TVF defending lack of content. What’s new

I'm defending the way words work, not a lack of content.

FTR I want more GCs too.
    Promised?

Show your work.
    CG_TopHat wrote:

Looks more like a blood oath than a promise.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Promised?

Show your work.
    CG_TopHat wrote:

prom·ise
    /ˈpräməs/
    2. give good grounds for expecting (a particular occurrence or situation).

The main goal for something surely falls under giving good grounds for expecting a particular occurrence.

Weird as it is, I have to side with TVF on this one. Saying that something is a goal doesn't necessarily mean that it will happen. Why they missed or abandoned their stated goal, though, is another matter.
  • Sometimes people act like they work in the legal department at CG. Just saying.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sometimes people act like they work in the legal department at CG. Just saying.

and sometimes people act like the words used are different than the words used.....
  • Kyno wrote: »

and sometimes people act like the words used are different than the words used.....

And sometimes people just like to provide zero value to the actual discussion, but I digress.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Shall we re-visit the “immediate bonus turn” thread again? Those words apparently didn’t mean much there.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Promised?

Show your work.
    CG_TopHat wrote:

prom·ise
    /ˈpräməs/

The main goal for something surely falls under giving good grounds for expecting a particular occurrence.

Weird as it is, I have to side with TVF on this one. Saying that something is a goal doesn't necessarily mean that it will happen. Why they missed or abandoned their stated goal, though, is another matter.

So much time wasted on arguing semantics on this forum. A reasonable person knows what KvotheQGBQG2 meant by 'promise'. Call it 'teased' or 'intimated' or 'suggested' or 'stated'. It all comes back to the fact that their stated goal was X and they've delivered Y.

• Jakdnels wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Promised?

Show your work.
    CG_TopHat wrote:

prom·ise
    /ˈpräməs/

So much time wasted on arguing semantics on this forum. A reasonable person knows what KvotheQGBQG2 meant by 'promise'. Call it 'teased' or 'intimated' or 'suggested' or 'stated'. It all comes back to the fact that their stated goal was X and they've delivered Y.

To be even more clear:

The state’s goal was “x”, “y” was delivered, and there has been no communication around it since.
    Maybe we are still in beta, maybe we aren’t.
    Maybe their goals changed, maybe they haven’t.
    Maybe it’s broken, maybe it’s WAI.

The silence around the game mode is deafening, especially after the hype around it’s release.

Yes, GC is new content. I personally don’t find it to be incredibly engaging, no where near what was hyped. Some other may disagree.

Regardless, it certainly hasn’t met the stated goal of “an ocean of content” that was discussed. Maybe there are other reasons behind that, but again in the absence of communication on the matter we are left guessing.

FTR I want more GCs too.

Tbh It just sounds like you're being pedantic and arguing from bad faith. They said that the MAIN GOAL of GC was to provide something to do every day. GC gives you something to do 3/7 days at best.

While they didn't say "we promise that it will give you something to do every day", they certainly set everyone's expectations that this is exactly how it will work because it's the whole point of the event. Now it clearly doesnt work that way and people feel like a promise has been broken. And then you argue about the definition of 'promise'. They set an expectation, they break that expectation and then they tell you nothing about it. Then they wonder why they need to put more effort into communications. I'm just hoping Doja is here to communicate about stuff exactly like this and not just put a happy face on CG.

• Falco3 wrote: »

FTR I want more GCs too.

Tbh It just sounds like you're being pedantic and arguing from bad faith. They said that the MAIN GOAL of GC was to provide something to do every day. GC gives you something to do 3/7 days at best.

While they didn't say "we promise that it will give you something to do every day", they certainly set everyone's expectations that this is exactly how it will work because it's the whole point of the event. Now it clearly doesnt work that way and people feel like a promise has been broken. And then you argue about the definition of 'promise'. They set an expectation, they break that expectation and then they tell you nothing about it. Then they wonder why they need to put more effort into communications. I'm just hoping Doja is here to communicate about stuff exactly like this and not just put a happy face on CG.

Well for most players, GC provides about 20 minutes worth of content at best.
  • Since we are left guessing, maybe the new update that will drop compatibility certain outdated iOS phones we will have some sort of information about GC's, or the next great wave of CONTENT artwork
  • On the communication side: we're just looking for honest info to build trust on the game. This could look like:

"after reviewing a few weeks of GC we've decided to make the event run only 3 days once per week. We know we set expectations that the event would run every day and we apologize for that. We found in exhibition that the rewards envisioned for a daily event were not enough to keep player engagement, but offer greater rewards for more events would upset the games economy. For that reason GC will not run every day. We hear what your saying about the desire for more content in the game, and sympathize with this. In the meantime here's compensation of 6A mod pieces."

You don't have to like it, but it would help to know what's happening and why.
  • Falco3 wrote: »
    On the communication side: we're just looking for honest info to build trust on the game. This could look like:

"after reviewing a few weeks of GC we've decided to make the event run only 3 days once per week. We know we set expectations that the event would run every day and we apologize for that. We found in exhibition that the rewards envisioned for a daily event were not enough to keep player engagement, but offer greater rewards for more events would upset the games economy. For that reason GC will not run every day. We hear what your saying about the desire for more content in the game, and sympathize with this. In the meantime here's compensation of 6A mod pieces."

You don't have to like it, but it would help to know what's happening and why.

LOL, the compensation part at the end made me laugh a little. This is Capital Greed we are talking about.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    They also set expectations that GCs would be tied to daily challenges and people complained, so they took that away.

Challenge eyeballs in tank rewards say hi.