Can we get fleet templates now?

Replies

• With 2 fleets needed in GAC for attack and defense now. Would be nice to have an easier way to select your ships.

Yes please!
  • I want to know where are those guild officer tools they had a whole post on (now deleted). A post where we discussed what would be useful to have.
  • TaTaKaS wrote: »
    Relax... We have 87 leaders in game so by this logic we should have 4 more characters for each leader. So we need 348 additional characters on top of the 87 leaders so 435 total characters and we only have 192 + the 2 GLs coming for a total of 194.not to mention they will also be leaders. So we are missing around 240 characters. Yeah... No, it doesn't work like that...If you want to use empire pick your capital ship. If you want GR pick your capital ship.

On the other hand I agree, we should have have a few more ships in some factions to be able to make a full team of 7+1.But again, we only have 3 tuskens...

The big difference being that those Leaders can still be used in a Squad, and Capital Ships cannot.
  • EdSolo wrote: »
    We also need more Ships...

So, back to the GAC problem, you are going to use 2 capital ships with 14 regular ships on defense.

You don't have to fill all the RI slots on defense. In fact, I don't see why you necessarily would. How often does a battle get dragged on long enough for your 4th RI to get called?
    You don't need to fill them all on offense but a defensive fleet may get a second battle, in which case the third and fourth RIs may well come in to play.
  • "Too _________." Care to fill in the blank?
  • The funny thing is, in a Q and A they said yes it was something they have talked about. Now that we have to post two fleets in GAC, you'd think they'd think it would be worth it for a QOL update
  • All we need, for the raddus to be a viable defense, is a resistance tank. Maybe it gains extra protection based on resistance allies, kinda like the GR bomber. That would synergies well with the raddus and the extra protection... make it into more of a time out team. As of now, they need the HT to survive up until the holdo maneuver

Finalizer is a more offensive based fleet, so a ship that extends this would be nice. Just to fill out the fleets slightly. Make it so it deals extra damage to protection, or even disables it. Maybe, if an enemy is stunned, first order allies deal damage to health to that enemy... and seeing as the only ally to stun currently is tie silencer...

We need one more empire ship for a full empire fleet, but that is already kinda viable with the tie bomber. The interceptor would be nice. Maybe make it one of the fastest ships in the game, doesn’t hit super hard, but gives a bit more control to the empire. Maybe, when ever any enemy looses turn meter, empire allies gain 25% of the lost turn meter... so, Vader could give up to 25% and thrawn gives 18% turn meter

One more seppie ship. 2 normally, but I am counting IG-2000 as that is one of the better ships for seppie, due to the droids. Unsure about this... perhaps a ship that allows for minor protection regen over time. Kinda like plo koon with protection over time

Them, plus a fleet template and I would be happy...
  • FO desperately needs a tank too. Having the shuttle with Silencer is almost like having 2 attackers already, but if you lose one you’re in trouble.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • FO desperately needs a tank too. Having the shuttle with Silencer is almost like having 2 attackers already, but if you lose one you’re in trouble.

A tank to protect the Silcencer would be great. Or another attacker, because right now the ONLY ship in this fleet that can deal any significant damage to a HT with relic Bossk is the Silencer. If the Silencer dies before HT, you can pretty much give up the fight. My Eta-2 can deal a bit of damage too but that's rarely enough.

And to go back to the initial topic, yes please let us manage ship squads like toon squads please!
  • Again, don’t think that FO needs a tank. But, maybe the ship I was talking about could keep silencer alive, adding a buff until kylo destroys a ship... which, let’s be honest, is only kylo in a FO fleet
  • Please.... fleet templates/loadouts. Setting fleet for one battle is time consuming enough.
  • I encountered a rare but annoying situation where I was bumped out of 1st place like 4 minutes before my payout. I scrambled to switched fleets from GR to Seps. I won but missed my payout by like 10 or 15 seconds. Having my Sep fleet pre-saved on a template could of gotten me the win in time.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    When was the last QOL update anyways? Can't money on QOL updates so will we ever see them again?

Let's put it this way. Carrie was still in charge when the last QoL update dropped.

Pretty sure we have had one since, but not defending that. That is pathetic, especially when so many QoL changes are constantly suggested.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    BeralCator wrote: »
    When was the last QOL update anyways? Can't money on QOL updates so will we ever see them again?

Let's put it this way. Carrie was still in charge when the last QoL update dropped.

Pretty sure we have had one since, but not defending that. That is pathetic, especially when so many QoL changes are constantly suggested.

They were too busy giving us the GC's. Gotta love that ocean of content!
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    BeralCator wrote: »

I don't think so - Carrie left in July 2019(?). The major QoL updates tend to happen in the spring and we definitely didn't get one in 2020. There may have been a few minor tweaks that accompanied the Journey Guide, but nothing substantial.
  • We are definitely due a qol update.

Some suggestions.

1. Ship templates
    2. Sim for easier tiers of assualt battles
    3. Sim for haat
    4. Better mod filtering (hopefully a save your mods template so after remodding for an event you can easily and quickly put them all back)
    5. Relic energy for signal data
  • We are definitely due a qol update.

Some suggestions.

1. Ship templates
    yes please
    yes please
    3. Sim for haat
    yes please
    4. Better mod filtering (hopefully a save your mods template so after remodding for an event you can easily and quickly put them all back)
    yes please

But no, relic energy for signal data doesn't make sense. Resource management.

• StarSon wrote: »
    We are definitely due a qol update.

Some suggestions.

1. Ship templates
    yes please
    yes please
    3. Sim for haat
    yes please
    yes please

For late game players it isn't an issue. But for newer players that still need to do all cantina farms and farm signal data off the cantina table can be a big issue.

It was the same way with mods when cantina energy was required. Long time players were fine but newer players had to either farm mods or characters or try to do both and get nowhere on either.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    We are definitely due a qol update.

Some suggestions.

1. Ship templates
    yes please
    yes please
    3. Sim for haat
    yes please
    yes please

For late game players it isn't an issue. But for newer players that still need to do all cantina farms and farm signal data off the cantina table can be a big issue.

It was the same way with mods when cantina energy was required. Long time players were fine but newer players had to either farm mods or characters or try to do both and get nowhere on either.

Don't really care that it's an issue for newer players, it doesn't make sense. Mod battles have always had their own table but used Cantina energy. Signal Data is just on 3 cantina nodes. Doesn't make sense to give them their own table and their own energy.
  • Are we really going to have multiple fleets required in GAC and STILL no way to save fleets? We’ve been asking for years...

It’s such a simple thing, surely something that can be included along with the ocean of content we’re currently submerged in.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I don't know how many threads it is going to take for CG to add squadrons. It would be so helpful for GA and just an overall good feature in general. Like I've said before, they literally just need to copy and paste the code from squads into ships and rename it squadrons. It should be incredibly easy for CG especially because they are a multi-million dollar company. Even though it isn't a huge thing they should still do it because it will make a lot of people happy and help fleet organization.
  • In past Q&As CG has said that it would be a good QOL update and it is on their list of things to do. Fast forward a year.....

Speaking of QOL....still waiting for 2020's major QOL update.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    If we see fleet management and mod management updates that look like they come from someone who actually plays the game, I might never post on the forums again.

From fleet arena (alphabetical when power is equal) to DS Geo TB (no idea for rationale), the vulture and hyena droids do not appear in the same placement order with the exact, same power, and I'm not going to lie, they look alike to me at first glance (I see their inner beauty). However, upon reflection, one is a little thicker and squatter, but then I think about body shaming and I spiral. Then I have to second guess the geo ships, but the names only appear under the first three ships and not reinforcements when you select your fleet, and it's a total meltdown. If IG-11 looks like IG-88, I'll probably be back on the forums. I know, I know. We're almost up to the second season.

I'll live with red 3+ icons everywhere and auto filling squads in order of character power (why, why, why after the first two weeks of playing this game or at any point a player develops factions) and even GCs, but I'd love to see feedback implemented to create fleet management.

HINT: Biggs's X-wing's wings tilt down to stage left and Antilles's X-wing's wings tilt up to stage right, I mean stage left; real right. At least one can downpress the platoon icons now to see the character or ship name in TBs! That was a nice stealth QoL upgrade months ago.
  • Please give us the ability to save fleet as squads.

That would be easy code to write and a major QOL improvement!

+1 if you agree
  • I don't know how many threads it is going to take for CG to add squadrons. It would be so helpful for GA and just an overall good feature in general. Like I've said before, they literally just need to copy and paste the code from squads into ships and rename it squadrons. It should be incredibly easy for CG especially because they are a multi-million dollar company. Even though it isn't a huge thing they should still do it because it will make a lot of people happy and help fleet organization.
  • Correct, spam the requests so they finally take action....the community has been asking for this for a long long time.
  • Akreau wrote: »
    Please give us the ability to save fleet as squads.

That would be easy code to write and a major QOL improvement!

+1 if you agree

+1
  • It's funny how CG took a long time to add GCs to the game for them to not be worth the time spent and yet they could make a bunch of people happy by simply copying and pasting the code from squad templates into ships to make squadron templates but they don't. This should be the 8th wonder of the world.

I think the problem is It wouldn’t sell packs, which is the reason for everything they do nowadays
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    I think the problem is It wouldn’t sell packs, which is the reason for everything they do nowadays

f9kg4f7r5grq.png