Is History Going Repeat Itself?

Prev1
SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited September 2020
Galactic Legend Rey v Galactic Legend Kylo

Rey: Greater Investment
Kylo: Lesser Investment

(Rey requires more characters than Kylo that have incredibly limited use making them useless post event)

Result: Kylo > Rey

Kylo is one of the best PvE / PvP characters while outperforming Rey in arena without requiring massive investment to counter (GS / Han / Chewie)

Now we have Jedi Master Luke & Sith Eternal Emperor

JML: Much greater investment
SEE: Much friendlier investment

Y’all already know it’ll be SEE > JML
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Is JML really that much more of an investment? Several of JML’s requirements are carried over from JKL and many of them are characters that are very common in the game to have already with relics while SEEP’s requirements have more characters people are unluckily to have previously reliced
  • Idk I’m already almost done with the JML reqs and nowhere close to GLEE or SLK. So GLEE might be significantly better than JML, but the investment required isn’t necessarily greater for JML.
  • I am waaaay closer to jml then I am See so it is an easy choice for me.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I already have SLKR (for arena / raids) so I'm not too worried on how JML's performance is compared to SEE, as a Galactic Legend, he should still be a powerful threat in GAC and TW, and some of his prereqs are good for my roster as a whole
  • SemiGod wrote: »

(Rey requires more characters than Kylo that have incredibly limited use making them useless post event)

Kylo is one of the best PvE / PvP characters while outperforming Rey in arena without requiring massive investment to counter (GS / Han / Chewie)

You think that Krennic and Royal Guard are more useful than HYoda and Biggs? That's...different.
  • I'm closer to SEE but it's pretty even across the board. New players can get SEE and Vets should be close to JML. CG honestly tossed the players a favor this time. Not mention all of JML requirements are essential toons outside of Leia.
  • You forgot to mention that LS has much better options to work with. DS doesn’t have any equivalents to JKL and GAS.
  • I was honestly hoping GAS or Malak(to help the majority of people boltster their ds roster) would be a requirement for SEE but I love using my imperial troopers and empire squads so I can't complain. But yes the final result of the grind heavily favors JML. Especially for gac.
  • You forgot to mention that LS has much better options to work with. DS doesn’t have any equivalents to JKL and GAS.
    There’s also the fact that, assuming JML gets only the Jedi tag and SEE only the Sith tag, Jedi have much stronger synergy outside of their leads. While Sith may boast to have more strong characters, none of them really synergize with other Sith besides Traya’s cleanse and the Triumvirate as a whole.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    SemiGod wrote: »

You think that Krennic and Royal Guard are more useful than HYoda and Biggs? That's...different.

FOST, FOO etc aren't that great but SLKR makes them super good under him

Who knows how well Krennic and Royal Guard will do under SEE?

I think Krennic is still a really good toon
  • I’m already on 11/15. Leia and Wedge are the only toons I wouldn’t have reliced if not for JML. And they both sit on G12+4.
    So if you went for JKL and have a general love of OT content JML is quite the easy farm.

And I’m primarily F2P
  • Jml requirements are definitely higher on a new players perspective. On the other hand many people already have at least a part of them relicted because they are also super useful in the game.
    SEE requirements are less for a new player but at least half of the requirements are early used.

Fairly said, the requirements are well choose for a star wars perspective, thank you for that CG.
  • nurm wrote: »
    Jml requirements are definitely higher on a new players perspective. On the other hand many people already have at least a part of them relicted because they are also super useful in the game.
    SEE requirements are less for a new player but at least half of the requirements are early used.

Fairly said, the requirements are well choose for a star wars perspective, thank you for that CG.

I think jml is near impossible for new players unless their sole focus is on him purely because of jkl. Not as, many guilds choosing hoth anymore so rolo needs get2 so no negotiator, then there's get1 for wampa and hoda so you sacrifice malak and gas.

Unless they make the get toons Farm able (which I think will **** a lot of people off) then new players won't get jml for a good few years and by then will there be any point?
  • gchaplain1 wrote: »
    I was honestly hoping GAS or Malak(to help the majority of people boltster their ds roster) would be a requirement for SEE but I love using my imperial troopers and empire squads so I can't complain. But yes the final result of the grind heavily favors JML. Especially for gac.

I'm pleased but surprised they chose jka over gas
  • First, we cannot say SEE better than JML as they kits are not revealed yet.
    Second, I wouldn’t say GML requires 21 characters against SEE 15. While JKL require some reliced characters, they also need for GML, like Lando, C3PO, HYoda, Chewie... you just need to add them a couple of relic levels

• Lukeando93 wrote: »

I think jml is near impossible for new players

GLs are not meant for new players 🤷🏼‍♂️

• SGP wrote: »

Lukeando93 wrote: »

I get that, but by the time they could actually get him there will probably be 8 or 10 new galactic legends or galactic legends 2.0
  • Lukeando93 wrote: »

I get that, but by the time they could actually get him there will probably be 8 or 10 new galactic legends or galactic legends 2.0

Yes. And is that a problem? Can you expect to start a game ppl have played for years and get the best toons?
    If you ask me it’s great that there are something for the endgame players. Players that have been grinding for years.

Yes. And is that a problem? Can you expect to start a game ppl have played for years and get the best toons?
    If you ask me it’s great that there are something for the endgame players. Players that have been grinding for years.

Not necessarily no, Luke is very much an end game toon, his requirements bar jkl (purely because of hoda and wampa) are really good and a lot you want/have relic'd anyway. Its pretty crappy now that in a year or so a new player can get slkr and dominate his arena and gac with 2mil go, I just wonder if luke will become one of those toons that no one gets because of all the other priorities in the game. I suppose it's people's choices though. Me personally I'm undecided as I don't have gas and only have a 6 star malak but I'm personally not too concerned with gas as I'm happy for now with shaak and the clones

Well GL emperor seems quite accessible for new players
  • SGP
    51 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Mirkraag wrote: »

Well GL emperor seems quite accessible for new players

Compared to JML, yes. But you still need to farm Phoenix squad to unlock Thrawn, farm jedis to unlock EP and farm a bunch of other toons and gear them to relic lvls.

True he looks like the fastest route to a GL. But if he is for new players I would guess depends on what you define as new players. And how much cash said player is willing to use.
  • While luke vs palpy is very situational for players, the basic premise of the topic is fallacious. CG didn't set the current equation of rey&kylo willingly. They didn't intend for any of them to be visibly better, they just failed at making them similar in power. So it's entirely unknowable which one of the 2 new gls be more powerful and how they'll rank compared to the first 2. Ofc the op or someone that thinks the reverse happen will claim they -knew all along- as there are 2 probabilities. Such insight.
  • GhostRep
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Neither Thrawn or EP need characters that are G13. The JKL requirements are more difficult than Thrawn and EP combined!

JML's requirements are definitely more time intensive. Just because"you" might be closer to one or the other is a lame counterpoint.

Darth Vader says hello.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Hard to argue Rey was "greater investment" than Kylo:

Rey - 12 toons 1 ship, 2 Legendaries
    Kylo - 12 toons 1 ship, 1 Legendary

Except JTR requires 4 of Rey's requirements, so you're advancing your Rey progress as you unlock JTR. You'd have to gear and 7* them anyway.

BB8 and Palpatine cancel each other out. 5 of a non-GL faction to unlock (FO/Rebel).

The only outside character left on Rey's side is Vet Han.

So she's a greater investment because you had to G7 one of the Vets way back in the day? Hardly. A G12 finisher is harder to craft than bringing someone to G7.

You also had to use Guild Currency to unlock FOSFTP. There's a hurdle that's arguably more valuable than farming Vet Han.

OP's argument for "investment" was this:

"(Rey requires more characters than Kylo that have incredibly limited use making them useless post event)

On the surface, prior to using the toon and seeing the kit, yes, everyone regretted having to gear up Holdo and Rose in particular.

If your criteria are "usefulness of prerequisites after unlock, prior to knowing kit" then I'm sorry, that goes heavily heavily in favor of SEE this time.
  • GhostRep wrote: »
    JML's requirements are definitely more time intensive. Just because"you" might be closer to one or the other is a lame counterpoint.

That's true if youre considering we all have empty roster when the GL requirements dropped. Factually, JML's requirements are more time intensive. So if you judge the "long-term project" of unlocking a GL for a new account, I totally agree with you.
    But it's different for existing players, as we don't have empty rosters. Especially seasoned players who already have a bunch of G13 and Legendary-type characters. For instance, lots of seasoned players would rather have a prerequisite of relic'ing a full Sith Empire team than relic'ing the Tusken trio, even if the full Sith Empire team is far more time intensive. So judging "Greater investment" solely on total gear needed from the start isn't enough imo, even if t's technically true. I don't think it's a "lame counterpoint" to take into account what the players already have. A bunch of veteran players find it easier to go for Luke rather than Palp.
    Usefulness of prerequisites is also a factor imo, because you may want to pursue the "greater investment" character if you think that you'll end up with a better roster overall. But that's another story ;)

• I skipped the first batch of gls and I would have skipped this batch but I already unlocked jkl and I am pretty close on jml. So I am going to keep working towards him, at least until we get the kit reveal and I decide if he is worth it.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    So I am going to keep working towards him, at least until we get the kit reveal and I decide if he is worth it.

Worth it? He’s a GL. They are the future of the game. It’s like saying I’ll have to see if 7* a toon is worth it. It won’t take long before it’s GL or go home. Many shards are already close to top 50 being pure GLs.
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    So I am going to keep working towards him, at least until we get the kit reveal and I decide if he is worth it.

Worth it? He’s a GL. They are the future of the game. It’s like saying I’ll have to see if 7* a toon is worth it. It won’t take long before it’s GL or go home. Many shards are already close to top 50 being pure GLs.

My arena is almost all gls in the top 100 and I still don't think Rey or Slkr are worth it. I counter Slkr just fine with my jkl team so I don't need to dump so many resources into characters I am not interested in.