Is History Going Repeat Itself?

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    SGP wrote: »
    So I am going to keep working towards him, at least until we get the kit reveal and I decide if he is worth it.

Worth it? He’s a GL. They are the future of the game. It’s like saying I’ll have to see if 7* a toon is worth it. It won’t take long before it’s GL or go home. Many shards are already close to top 50 being pure GLs.

My arena is almost all gls in the top 100 and I still don't think Rey or Slkr are worth it. I counter Slkr just fine with my jkl team so I don't need to dump so many resources into characters I am not interested in.

And how well do you hold?

And how are you doing in Sith Raid?

And how are you doing in LSTB?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'm really waiting these two out. I'm still working on SLKR anyways, let alone JKLS. With the new requirements, I think I will initially work in parallel to some extent. I have wanted to upgrade toons like R2 and Thrawn from G12 to G13 anyways, they just took backseats to other stuff. I only went GL Rey first, because I was closer to finishing those requirements.
  • TVF wrote: »
    So I am going to keep working towards him, at least until we get the kit reveal and I decide if he is worth it.

Worth it? He’s a GL. They are the future of the game. It’s like saying I’ll have to see if 7* a toon is worth it. It won’t take long before it’s GL or go home. Many shards are already close to top 50 being pure GLs.

My arena is almost all gls in the top 100 and I still don't think Rey or Slkr are worth it. I counter Slkr just fine with my jkl team so I don't need to dump so many resources into characters I am not interested in.

I do very well in lstb. Top 100 in arena every day but 1st in fleets so that helps a lot. Sith raid if I get a team in p1 and p2 I can still finish top ten but not always.
  • You forgot something.. it's Rey then SLKR then JKL in order for Rey to become again the new meta ...
    So that whales spent in Rey, then in SLKR and then in JKL to keep the Meta ...
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »

So you solo the Sith raid? Have plenty of teams to go 4/4 in LS and DS Geos??
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »

So you solo the Sith raid? Have plenty of teams to go 4/4 in LS and DS Geos??

No I do not solo the sith raid. Between jkl, padme, shak ti clones, I have several teams that get 4/4. Getting an extra wave or 2 per phase is most definitely not worth all the hassle of getting gl Rey.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I do very well in lstb. Top 100 in arena every day but 1st in fleets so that helps a lot. Sith raid if I get a team in p1 and p2 I can still finish top ten but not always.

Define "very well"

A GL will allow you to do much better than top 100

Kylo will guarantee top 10 in your guild it sounds like

Define "very well"

A GL will allow you to do much better than top 100

Kylo will guarantee top 10 in your guild it sounds like

I am sure they would and It would be nice to get better rewards but the time it would take just doesn't seem worth it to me. If I had gone for either klyo or Rey no way could I have gotten jkl and I like luke way more. I find jedis to be a much better faction in this game as well.
  • SGP
    51 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    If I had gone for either klyo or Rey no way could I have gotten jkl and I like luke way more. I find jedis to be a much better faction in this game as well.

It seems to me you’ve switched the discussion from going for a GL to why you’re glad you didn’t go for Rey or Kylo.
    When you have JKL and find jedis to be a much better faction... why not just jo that little extra and get JML to make your jedis even better?

• yankeeh8er
    604 posts Member
    edited September 2020

It seems to me you’ve switched the discussion from going for a GL to why you’re glad you didn’t go for Rey or Kylo.
    When you have JKL and find jedis to be a much better faction... why not just jo that little extra and get JML to make your jedis even better?

I didn't switch the discussion I was replying to someone that quoted me. I am going for jml. I am actually getting pretty close outside of mon and 3pac.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I noticed you didn't answer the TB part.

I tried to look in game and I don't see how to access the stats from the previous lsgeotb. I am usually 1stbor 2nd for waves cleared in my guild. I don't think Rey really helps that much there, at least I know that several people complained last tb about still losing in p1 even with Rey.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

I tried to look in game and I don't see how to access the stats from the previous lsgeotb. I am usually 1stbor 2nd for waves cleared in my guild. I don't think Rey really helps that much there, at least I know that several people complained last tb about still losing in p1 even with Rey.

Those people are doing something very, very wrong. Should be 4/4 the vast majority of the time.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »

I dont have her UA yet and I can go 4/4 with her the first day.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Lukeando93 wrote: »
    Not necessarily no, Luke is very much an end game toon, his requirements bar jkl (purely because of hoda and wampa) are really good and a lot you want/have relic'd anyway. Its pretty crappy now that in a year or so a new player can get slkr and dominate his arena and gac with 2mil go, I just wonder if luke will become one of those toons that no one gets because of all the other priorities in the game. I suppose it's people's choices though. Me personally I'm undecided as I don't have gas and only have a 6 star malak but I'm personally not too concerned with gas as I'm happy for now with shaak and the clones

Relic Wampa is awesome and so is relic HYoda.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Didn't read a single comment. The answer to the question in the title is yes.
  • SGP wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »

Well GL emperor seems quite accessible for new players

Compared to JML, yes. But you still need to farm Phoenix squad to unlock Thrawn, farm jedis to unlock EP and farm a bunch of other toons and gear them to relic lvls.

True he looks like the fastest route to a GL. But if he is for new players I would guess depends on what you define as new players. And how much cash said player is willing to use.

its rebels to get palp not jedi. so only phoenix is needed
  • SGP
    51 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »

Well GL emperor seems quite accessible for new players

Compared to JML, yes. But you still need to farm Phoenix squad to unlock Thrawn, farm jedis to unlock EP and farm a bunch of other toons and gear them to relic lvls.

True he looks like the fastest route to a GL. But if he is for new players I would guess depends on what you define as new players. And how much cash said player is willing to use.

its rebels to get palp not jedi. so only phoenix is needed

You’re right (it’s been so long since I unlocked him)
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Welp nvm looks like SEE was the stronger kit during the reveals
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Welp nvm looks like SEE was the stronger kit during the reveals

lol
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Tbh I'm very happy with the requirements and kit reveals for both new GLs. I dont get the early speculation that one toon is "better" than the other. Everyone complained that Kylo was the weaker GL before he and Rey entered the game. We wont know anything until people can start testing them out.

And he was, but then he recieved multiple buffs.