To Zeta or Not to Zeta: A Kenobi Story

So I've been resistant to giving General Kenobi his Zeta for a very long time... Because I can see how it would be beneficial when C-3PO is in the squad, since Kenobi would get a protection boost every time he gains taunt, whether he already had it or not.
Correct 😕..?
However, it seems like that Zeta could actually be detrimental if C-3PO is not present... Because all that extra taunting would do is get Kenobi killed a lot faster... Right?
Is there something I'm missing about how this Zeta is beneficial enough to be worth it?

Replies

• You need to rethink your strategy, a tank has the quest to protect the rest of the team. In a lot of cases you can't afford that Light Side dream thinking of everyone surviving. The goal is to win the fight, even if his means to make sacrifices. A good warlord is awaiting to lose units, a great warlord is taking this into his plans but will make it as hard as possible.
    Kenobi can help out in a lot of teams - Jedi Knight Revan, Padme or Galactic Legend Rey to only name a few. Most of these compositions are built to keep the tank alive as long as possible and dealing lots of damage at the same time. With reviving units like Jolee Bindo or Old Daka in the mix you can even bring the tank back to life.
    Conclusion: You only need to follow one objective - you're in it to win it. And with as little sacrifices as possible but they need to be made at some point so take that into account.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Agree with above, if your tank dies, it means someone else didn't. The purpose of a tank is to taunt. Stack him with health and protection mods so he lasts longer.

His zeta will also make your Negotiator faster.
  • You really don't want people being able to hit anyone in the Padme squad which will take away from all the courage stacks you're building. In addition to that Kenobi is your tank. It's your tanks job to die so that the others can do damage. He's also one of if not the best tanks in the game, so he can really take a beating.

I think it's probably the second most important zeta on the team. Some people argue Ahsoka but again, there's no real reason to have a tank if they don't taunt and it's super important to be able to add courage stacks everywhere.

And finally Anakin and Ahsoka even at high relic levels are pretty darn squishy. Without Kenobi taunting you could very easily lose either or both of them and that is absolutely detrimental to this team being able to do what it does
  • That's a good point SparkyBurns...
    Even at R7 my Anakin gets killed first, way more than anyone else!
  • I stopped reading at "not zeta Kenobi." Of all things I can consider an argument for, there is none for that.
  • Fair enough, lol