Ability to block certain people from guild.

Engage
267 posts Member
edited September 2023
It would be nice to have the ability to block people from reentering the guild after I have kicked them.
There is this one guy I had kicked a while back. Then he sneeked back in and by the time I noticed, I allowed him to stay. This guy refuses to participate in any guild events or raids.
I kicked him again today because he had overstayed his welcome. But he keeps trying to come back in.
If he tries to join again, I'm going to report him.

There needs to be more control options for people running a guild. Blocking specific players from rejoining needs to be an option.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• Set your guild to Invite Only, they can apply, but an officer needs to approve them before they come in
  • I want people to join without needing to be invited. If I had to wait to be invited to a group, I wouldn't care how good that group is. I'm not going to wait around, I'll end up joining a different one instead.
  • Engage wrote: »
    I want people to join without needing to be invited. If I had to wait to be invited to a group, I wouldn't care how good that group is. I'm not going to wait around, I'll end up joining a different one instead.
    Groucho Marx:
    I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Either you have a guild that anyone can join instantly, or you don’t. There’s no in between
  • That's the entire point of my post. I want to have more control over who is and who isn't allowed without having to block everyone.
    If it was set to invite only we would get 0 people ever.
    That's the entire point of my post. I want to have more control over who is and who isn't allowed without having to block everyone.
    If it was set to invite only we would get 0 people ever.
    Are you sure that’s how invite only works?

When I set our guild to Invite only, I could set a minimum level (85, for us), but whenever we’ve had a space we’ve regularly had people requesting to join.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think the difference is that with Invite only, people can ask to join the guild, then officers can deny entry or let them in. Certainly how I have experienced it working.

Invite only just prevents any passing stranger clicking “join” and instantly becoming a part of your guild.

• Just checked, I’m correct.

Set your guild to invite only. Then people can apply to join your guild any time they like (when you’re <50/50). Officer team can let them in or reject them.

Case closed.
  • Oh thanks. I thought it meant something completely different. Still would be nice to block some.
  • Or just keep booting them, they will eventually tire of it
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    And please don't report the player for this behavior. Don't waste Leviathan's and LD's time with this.
  • What do you mean it's a waste of their time? Those players disrupt gameplay. It isn't fair for the rest of the guild when we have to put up with players who don't want to play.
    What do you mean it's a waste of their time? Those players disrupt gameplay. It isn't fair for the rest of the guild when we have to put up with players who don't want to play.
    Leviathan and Lucifer’s Daddy investigate cheaters. If you report someone who keeps joining your guild (which is absolutely NOT cheating) that would require them to spend time investigating, which would be time wasted.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Engage wrote: »
    What do you mean it's a waste of their time? Those players disrupt gameplay. It isn't fair for the rest of the guild when we have to put up with players who don't want to play.

They don't cheat. They don't violate the ToS. Not in any way. There's absolutely no reason to report them. Reporting them would be a waste of time for those who investigate reports of cheating or other violations of the ToS. Please don't waste their time. Let them investigate real cheaters instead. Don't delay that work.

This discussion has been closed.