Grand Arena Divisions set?

Can anybody tell me if our Divisions are set as soon as you can access the Grand Arena today? I want to upgrade one of my characters and I think it might push me to the next division and I don't want to be the weakest player there.

Replies

• I never paid attention to this, but I think it is. I haven't joined yet and my division is set.
  • For 5v5
    GP Character Ship
    Division 1 4.5M+ 7 2
    Division 2 3.8M - 4.49M 7 2
    Division 3 3.1M - 3.79M 6 1
    Division 4 2.5M - 3.09M 6 1
    Division 5 2M - 2.49M 5 1
    Division 6 1.6M - 1.99M 5 1
    Division 7 1.3M - 1.59M 4 1
    Division 8 1M - 1.29M 3 1
    Division 9 800K - 999.9K 3 1
    Division 10 600K - 799.9K 3 1
    Division 11 0 - 599.9K 3 1

But you know, being the "weakest" player isn't that bad, because you are matched to a players whos top 80s are closer to yours, which mean you got more focuse rosters
  • I haven't noticed much difference since moving up to division 2 in regards to the difficulty of my opponents.
  • Being at the low end of a division is generally to your advantage so long as you are ready for any increase in squad / fleet placements.

I believe division lock happens in the 1 hr window at the start of a GAC before signup opens for the first GA of the GAC but I have not tested that personally.

If you really don't want to go up a division then waiting until matchmaking is complete for the first GA would be your safest bet.

Or you could do a little experiment, cross the division boundary and let us know what you see after matchmaking is complete.
  • You're division is locked WHEN YOU CLICK JOIN. Before I joined this GAC I noticed I'd moved from D5 to D4, I opened my mods and removed mods from the low end and moved back into D5
  • Division is locked as soon as GAC arrives. Joining GAC does NOT lock your division. If you go into the GAC tab, the division it currently shows is the division you will be for this GAC season. I know this because I did this last season. Waited till GAC was joinable (but didn’t join yet), bumped my GP over the limit from Div3 to Div2, then pushed join, and stayed in Div 3. So whatever your GP was at when GAC started approx. 5 1/2 hours ago, that’s what Div you’ll be in
  • my opinion on the divisions: more divisions are needed from 4.5mio gm. that's nonsense to put someone with 90good characters and someone with 160good characters together, just because the first 80 are similar. just as it is **** in the current div2 and div1 with the 2 fleets. you can consider that from 5.5 million gm, but that's an exaggeration.