Road Ahead? State of the Galaxy? Q & A?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Maybe @Kyno can give us an update on what’s going on...

Chances of Q&A were 50/50 in August

How so?
    BeralCator wrote: »

Did they toss a coin?

It was my guess based on the rumblings I heard.....
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I hope @CG_SBCrumb chooses heads this time
  • Ultra wrote: »

Always bet on black.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member

This is CG, their one coin only has one side.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think we get nothing today. Normally we get the update notification popup ingame between 2 and 3 pm PST
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator

There needs to be a fundraiser for Capital Games
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I think we get nothing today. Normally we get the update notification popup ingame between 2 and 3 pm PST

We had a content update last week, and they usually do them every 2 weeks
  • TVF wrote: »

Heads they win, tails we lose.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Oh yes,what memories Q & A
    I really miss the day when they were selecting some useless art question to answer and they had to dodge the real ones

Hahaha. Yeah that was good. The art department was so proud of gl rey.... and then she looked bad
  • Kyno wrote: »

How so?

Did they toss a coin?

Well here is my guess- lately we see times where there's a problem with the playerbase, and suddenly the Q&A or other interaction with the player is delayed/canceled, so my guess it may not be coincidence, that they do that to avoid questions they don't want to face or answer

I thought the GL release was the fundraiser?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

How so?

Did they toss a coin?

Well here is my guess- lately we see times where there's a problem with the playerbase, and suddenly the Q&A or other interaction with the player is delayed/canceled, so my guess it may not be coincidence, that they do that to avoid questions they don't want to face or answer

Bingo.

Even if thats not the truth, the fact that it coincides with issues in the playerbase... makes it feel that way.

Perception is reality

:weouthere:
  • BeralCator wrote: »

Did they toss a coin?

SecretUnitedDairycow-size_restricted.gif
  • Didn't Q&A's stop around the same time covid blew up in the US? My guess would be they couldn't figure out how to efficiently manage the Q&A sessions remotely but if that were the reason they should have just said so.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    Didn't Q&A's stop around the same time covid blew up in the US? My guess would be they couldn't figure out how to efficiently manage the Q&A sessions remotely but if that were the reason they should have just said so.
    The last Q&A was done during covid, and they ran that one just fine
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    Didn't Q&A's stop around the same time covid blew up in the US? My guess would be they couldn't figure out how to efficiently manage the Q&A sessions remotely but if that were the reason they should have just said so.
    The last Q&A was done during covid, and they ran that one just fine

They could still figure out a better way to do them..oh wait.....
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Maybe Kyno can give us an update on what’s going on...

How so?

Did they toss a coin?

Bingo.

Even if thats not the truth, the fact that it coincides with issues in the playerbase... makes it feel that way.

Perception is reality

CG does not care about perception at all. They have allowed the perception that they negotiate with cheaters to go on for months now.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

How so?

Did they toss a coin?

Bingo.

Perception is reality

CG does not care about perception at all. They have allowed the perception that they negotiate with cheaters to go on for months now.

I’m not sure that’s accurate. In the past @kyno has stated or implied that it isn’t their fault. Higher ups tie CGs hands and force them to have a bad image.
  • Eweff wrote: »

How so?

Did they toss a coin?

Bingo.

Perception is reality

I’m not sure that’s accurate. In the past @kyno has stated or implied that it isn’t their fault. Higher ups tie CGs hands and force them to have a bad image.

I can't wrap my head around the idea that higher uos at EA would force CG to stay quite on something like this if it wasn't true. That seems super convenient for CG to put that out there.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Eweff wrote: »

How so?

Did they toss a coin?

Bingo.

Perception is reality

I’m not sure that’s accurate. In the past kyno has stated or implied that it isn’t their fault. Higher ups tie CGs hands and force them to have a bad image.

I dont think I have ever said it was a particular "persons" fault (higher ups) but I have pointed to the fact that its not as simple for them to just say/do things as many think. I wouldn't say it forces them to have a bad image, just that they will never be able to move fast enough to "respond inline" to each point when its happening.

I think due to that fact they have no real choice but to let certain things sit and possibly never be responded to, due to the fact that its not really going to help to respond weeks/months later to certain things (not talking about any particular point, so please fight the urge to apply or question this on each particular point you can think of [royal you, not this particular person])
  • BeralCator wrote: »

Did they toss a coin?

They don't accept change, $100's and CC only please. K. Thx. Bye.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member

How so?

Did they toss a coin?

Bingo.

Perception is reality

I’m not sure that’s accurate. In the past kyno has stated or implied that it isn’t their fault. Higher ups tie CGs hands and force them to have a bad image.

I dont think I have ever said it was a particular "persons" fault (higher ups) but I have pointed to the fact that its not as simple for them to just say/do things as many think. I wouldn't say it forces them to have a bad image, just that they will never be able to move fast enough to "respond inline" to each point when its happening.

I think due to that fact they have no real choice but to let certain things sit and possibly never be responded to, due to the fact that its not really going to help to respond weeks/months later to certain things (not talking about any particular point, so please fight the urge to apply or question this on each particular point you can think of [royal you, not this particular person])

Thanks for responding. I couldn’t remember exactly, hence why I tagged you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

How so?

Did they toss a coin?

Bingo.

Perception is reality

I have to assume that we didn’t get a Q&A in recent months because it wasn’t approved. Last I heard, Crumb was gonna make a post about it, but was awaiting approval. Since we got no post, one can only assume the “higher ups” didn’t approve it.
    It would be nice if they commented about the status of the Q&A’s as they have stated they would be monthly....and they haven’t lived up to that.

I agree that would be nice.
  • Kyno wrote: »

How so?

Did they toss a coin?

Bingo.

Perception is reality

Dude, I appreciate you, but respectfully I'm 100% disagree with you here.

We know flat out that they negotiat with cheaters, and a person whos acronyms is LD (hmmm...I wonder who in the "cheater department" in CG have that acronyms....) negotiate with them, offer them a mild sentence and let them choose when it'll starts. All while their biggest, most positive content creator/advertiser was banned for something smaller.

I can agree with you for one, maybe two mild PR problem, but how come almost every time lately when there is a big issue with something they keep a radio silence (unless some whale money involved of course).
    When things happen repeativly, its not "a few points they're not reacting fast enough"- it's a pattern!

At least half the problems would be solved (or reduced to minimum if they'll just communicate with us, and don't let me even get started on being men of their word (aka "ocean of content", new raid, mace rework...)
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    As long as the money is there, there is no need to fix it. Too bad this is their mindset.

Whatever else is too expensive
  • The pandemic also happened and a lot of companies are downsizing.

SotG is in lockdown like the JKL event. The road ahead is foggy. And there's no sense having a Q&A when no one knows what tomorrow brings. They can only praise the art team that made Rey so many times.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The pandemic also happened and a lot of companies are downsizing.

SotG is in lockdown like the JKL event. The road ahead is foggy. And there's no sense having a Q&A when no one knows what tomorrow brings. They can only praise the art team that made Rey so many times.

In all seriousness, ignoring Rey (and parts of Vader), you have to admit the art team has added some nice touches to the game recently.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The pandemic also happened and a lot of companies are downsizing.

In all seriousness, ignoring Rey (and parts of Vader), you have to admit the art team has added some nice touches to the game recently.

Q&A praising the Palpatine touch-up incoming.