Replies

• No Paper Rock Scissors confirmed!
  • I’m excited for these events!
  • Someone on reddit did a write up for people that can't listen.
  • Very good recap.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I think the duel would have not been such a sore point if it had been required 1 time not 3.
    I worry about what has replaced the duel
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    I think the duel would have not been such a sore point if it had been required 1 time not 3.

Nothing 'weird'. They said it's just different battles along the story lines. Details are in that reddit thread linked above.
  • I was 100% sure we would get a last Hero's Journey for the anniversary of rotj...
    I stand corrected :(
  • Sounds like see is going to be crazy powerful. His ultimate instantly kills any linked enemies. I am really worried about jml after listening to this.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Sounds like see is going to be crazy powerful. His ultimate instantly kills any linked enemies. I am really worried about jml after listening to this.

Why concerned? GLEE's aoe annihilate won't work vs other GL's or raid bosses. I'm sure it'll be just like now, where Rey and SLK beat each other with ease.
  • It is great that they give details but why do they do it on Galactic War Report and not here in the forums? The communication with CG is getting worse every year.\
  • It is great that they give details but why do they do it on Galactic War Report and not here in the forums? The communication with CG is getting worse every year.\

This. So much this.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Nothing 'weird'. They said it's just different battles along the story lines. Details are in that reddit thread linked above.
    I have read the post
    I am a see to believe when it comes to what is said and what is done
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    It is great that they give details but why do they do it on Galactic War Report and not here in the forums? The communication with CG is getting worse every year.\

LOL you think they won't do kit reveals here? Giving exclusive information early to sources like this is not new or unusual, and is not specific to CG. I mean they had an entire program where pretty much all information was first disseminated to YouTube channels.

Honestly not sure how this is communication getting worse when it's an actual on-air interview.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    It is great that they give details but why do they do it on Galactic War Report and not here in the forums? The communication with CG is getting worse every year.\

LOL you think they won't do kit reveals here? Giving exclusive information early to sources like this is not new or unusual, and is not specific to CG. I mean they had an entire program where pretty much all information was first disseminated to YouTube channels.

Honestly not sure how this is communication getting worse when it's an actual on-air interview.

GRW has 286 subs on YouTube....just sayin.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

And how many views/listens today? And why does either matter? The information is here and on reddit, and there will be official posts as well.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

And how many views/listens today? And why does either matter? The information is here and on reddit, and there will be official posts as well.

So releasing information that the community is wants badly to the GWR, which is on the low end of content creators as far as reach, then hoping someone will come to the forums and Reddit to post that info is a good strategy to you? You would think that CG would want to drive people to the forums, where they can somewhat control the narrative, and away from Reddit, where Reddit is Reddit. The cancelled the Gamechanger program because of negativity from the GC’s, so pretty much forcing people to Reddit for the latest info if kind of dumb. They could have went with Ahnald and reached 10x or more of an audience( numbers are just a guess)
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

So releasing information that the community is wants badly to the GWR, which is on the low end of content creators as far as reach, then hoping someone will come to the forums and Reddit to post that info is a good strategy to you? You would think that CG would want to drive people to the forums, where they can somewhat control the narrative, and away from Reddit, where Reddit is Reddit. The cancelled the Gamechanger program because of negativity from the GC’s, so pretty much forcing people to Reddit for the latest info if kind of dumb. They could have went with Ahnald and reached 10x or more of an audience( numbers are just a guess)

You say I hope someone will come to the forums and Reddit like you think it wouldn't happen that way. It's always happened that way. It may not be how I would do it, but don't act like it doesn't work.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited October 2020

You say I hope someone will come to the forums and Reddit like you think it wouldn't happen that way. It's always happened that way. It may not be how I would do it, but don't act like it doesn't work.

Not saying it doesn’t work, I’m saying it doesn’t work as well as it could and I agree with you that I would do it a different way. CG has never been good at communication, they need to change that.

MSF is kickin SWGOH’s rear in money and downloads, so they need to change something.
  • More importantly, am I going to have to waste two full tiers getting a Title and Portrait? Only to not use them and just let them sit in the stash of other.. achievements.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    More importantly, am I going to have to waste two full tiers getting a Title and Portrait? Only to not use them and just let them sit in the stash of other.. achievements.

Oohh...that’s a good question! Hopefully they throw in some needed gear.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    More importantly, am I going to have to waste two full tiers getting a Title and Portrait? Only to not use them and just let them sit in the stash of other.. achievements.

Probably. Not sure that was covered though.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

Thanks!

Looking pretty good so far.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    They also revealed the trailer on Galactic War Report. I cannot understand why they do this. Does any other game have this little direct communication then resort to a third party for revealing information.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Eweff wrote: »
    They also revealed the trailer on Galactic War Report. I cannot understand why they do this. Does any other game have this little direct communication then resort to a third party for revealing information.

You've never seen any other company use talk shows, YouTube and radio to promote their stuff? Really?

But yes, lots of other games do it this way.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

In fact, since it was brought up in this thread, I'm pretty sure MSF has a Game Changer's like program.

Still don't understand why people think giving interviews is somehow less communication than posting on the forums.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    edited October 2020

In fact, since it was brought up in this thread, I'm pretty sure MSF has a Game Changer's like program.

Still don't understand why people think giving interviews is somehow less communication than posting on the forums.

No, I’ve never seen any other game or company post something through a third party that you couldn’t also learn about directly through them on a direct primary source of communication. At the very least post a link to the interview.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

No, I’ve never seen any other game or company post something through a third party that you couldn’t also learn about directly through them on a direct primary source of communication. At the very least post a link to the interview.

It's not going to be posted *just* through a third party. When they're in the office they will probably link to the podcast, and at some point they will post the dev insights and kit reveals just like they always do.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Maybe I’m wrong, crazy, and out of touch, but it’s like if Bethesda went on a Gamesradar interview and released announced a new Elder Scrolls game, released a brand new trailer for it, but then didn’t mention the game or the interview anywhere on their site, social media, etc. the only way you’d know is if you regularly keep up to date with Gamesradar or someone else sends you the link. Just seems silly when a simple forum post with a link could be so easy.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Maybe I’m wrong, crazy, and out of touch, but it’s like if Bethesda went on a Gamesradar interview and released announced a new Elder Scrolls game, released a brand new trailer for it, but then didn’t mention the game or the interview anywhere on their site, social media, etc. the only way you’d know is if you regularly keep up to date with Gamesradar or someone else sends you the link. Just seems silly when a simple forum post with a link could be so easy.

They've never not also posted about such things on the forums as well. But this podcast was released early (it's normally on Fridays) and while the devs were sleeping. They won't even get into the office for a couple hours yet.

Two quick examples:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206962/listen-in-to-sbcrumbs-interview-with-the-escape-podcast

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/219038/light-side-geonosis-territory-battle-republic-offensive