Galactic War Report- Galactic Legends

Replies

• Eweff
    400 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Eweff wrote: »
    Maybe I’m wrong, crazy, and out of touch, but it’s like if Bethesda went on a Gamesradar interview and released announced a new Elder Scrolls game, released a brand new trailer for it, but then didn’t mention the game or the interview anywhere on their site, social media, etc. the only way you’d know is if you regularly keep up to date with Gamesradar or someone else sends you the link. Just seems silly when a simple forum post with a link could be so easy.

They've never not also posted about such things on the forums as well. But this podcast was released early (it's normally on Fridays) and while the devs were sleeping. They won't even get into the office for a couple hours yet.

Two quick examples:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206962/listen-in-to-sbcrumbs-interview-with-the-escape-podcast

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/219038/light-side-geonosis-territory-battle-republic-offensive

I feel like in the past there have been GWR interviews that didn’t get info posted on the forums for at least a week after, but I’m not going to bother looking for them. I’ll accept your answer that GWR just jumped the shark and CG is going to be catching us up today.
  • Devian
    670 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Lol, so we are getting crippled version that can 'transform')))
    Ok, I'll start calling SEE 'creeplatine' =DDD
  • Anyone who listened... Did they say anything about the status of Galactic Challenges or was this just a Galactic Legends infomercial?
  • I really hope they put the trailer up on the forums today. I still haven't been able to find it.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So basically Palp instakills everyone while being untargetable and Luke... gives buffs. Hope that I'm wrong, but it seems that I picked the wrong GL again...
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    So basically Palp instakills everyone while being untargetable and Luke... gives buffs. Hope that I'm wrong, but it seems that I picked the wrong GL again...

Both would seem to be untargetable prior to their ultimate. During this time, GLEE debuffs enemies, and JML buffs allies. When entering ultimate, GLEE kills anyone he debuffed, and JML goes HAM.

JML feels like he'll be more useful in PvE (TB and Raids) and GLEE more useful in pvp.
  • Eweff wrote: »
    Maybe I’m wrong, crazy, and out of touch, but it’s like if Bethesda went on a Gamesradar interview and released announced a new Elder Scrolls game, released a brand new trailer for it, but then didn’t mention the game or the interview anywhere on their site, social media, etc. the only way you’d know is if you regularly keep up to date with Gamesradar or someone else sends you the link. Just seems silly when a simple forum post with a link could be so easy.

Maybe it would be like if Disney went on Fortnite and released a major plot point for a multi-billion dollar film franchise, but then didn't mention the game or link the footage anywhere on their site etc.... oh, wait...
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    They also revealed the trailer on Galactic War Report. I cannot understand why they do this. Does any other game have this little direct communication then resort to a third party for revealing information.

In fact, since it was brought up in this thread, I'm pretty sure MSF has a Game Changer's like program.

Still don't understand why people think giving interviews is somehow less communication than posting on the forums.

Yeah,

We got tidbits of the kit but not a full blown kit reveal so I don’t understand the complaints

Kit reveal will come when it’s suppose to come

So it’s nice being able to get some info about the kits earlier than the scheduled time in one form or another to generate excitement
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member

They've never not also posted about such things on the forums as well. But this podcast was released early (it's normally on Fridays) and while the devs were sleeping. They won't even get into the office for a couple hours yet.

Two quick examples:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206962/listen-in-to-sbcrumbs-interview-with-the-escape-podcast

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/219038/light-side-geonosis-territory-battle-republic-offensive

I feel like in the past there have been GWR interviews that didn’t get info posted on the forums for at least a week after, but I’m not going to bother looking for them. I’ll accept your answer that GWR just jumped the shark and CG is going to be catching us up today.

That's not what jumping the shark means.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    No info -> Complaints
    Gets info -> Complaints
    Nice to see things haven't changed much since I have been away
    Me happy to hear something earlier. They could have done nothing until the official kit posts
  • it's ironic that they're using the same podcast to promote the Galactic Legends when the requirements for the first Galactic Legends prompted one of the hosts to quit the game and had to be convinced by CG to come back
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    it's ironic that they're using the same podcast to promote the Galactic Legends when the requirements for the first Galactic Legends prompted one of the hosts to quit the game and had to be convinced by CG to come back

If that's true it sounds more like a make good than ironic.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    it's ironic that they're using the same podcast to promote the Galactic Legends when the requirements for the first Galactic Legends prompted one of the hosts to quit the game and had to be convinced by CG to come back

How so? Does CG owe GWR something or vice versa?
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    It is great that they give details but why do they do it on Galactic War Report and not here in the forums? The communication with CG is getting worse every year.\

LOL you think they won't do kit reveals here? Giving exclusive information early to sources like this is not new or unusual, and is not specific to CG. I mean they had an entire program where pretty much all information was first disseminated to YouTube channels.

Honestly not sure how this is communication getting worse when it's an actual on-air interview.

GRW has 286 subs on YouTube....just sayin.

If you're strictly listening to podcasts on YouTube then you're doing it very wrong. I can't imagine their numbers are phenomenal or anything, but I'm sure they are far better on Apple Podcasts or whatever platform they use to host the show.

Source: I work in production and oversee a dozen podcasts so I know that YouTube is an awful podcasting source
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

Because he quit because of them, and then they convinced him to come back, and then they're like "here, we'll give you this interview too"?
  • StarSon wrote: »

Because he quit because of them, and then they convinced him to come back, and then they're like "here, we'll give you this interview too"?

They've gone on GWR on occasion before and after Sean quit. It seemed odd to me at the time that CG would care enough to convince him to come back considering the way the Game Changer program was handled at the time. So maybe they just have a more personal relationship than they do with other podcasts. But the specific subject that prompted him to quit is now what they're promoting. That particular part seems ironic to me.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I get where you are coming from, but it still isn’t the best way to get the word out. I would wager that 9/10 people got the info from this podcast from somewhere other then the podcast(Reddit, here, Ahnald, Cubs, etc).
    So, when a company is trying to hype up their next best thing, it doesn’t make sense to go to the media with the one of the lowest audiences in the content creators realm and hope that that info gets pushed to other outlets. Does it work....sure, but nowhere near what it could have been.
    CG needs to bury the hatchet with the former GC’s and start using them again. I understand some people don’t like them, so don’t watch, but they still have over 200k subs between all of em. It would be the most effective way to get the word out....they just let their hate flow and ignore them. MSF is consistently beating swgoh in downloads and revenue, and I believe that the dev communication over there at MSF is a part of that. This, coupled with the game seemingly being on auto pilot with no real content coming, paints a bad picture.

You can still find Ahnal and Cubs on official EA websites:

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes/community
  • I’m liking what I’m hearing. I like complicated kits, and they seem to be a lot more than just doing damage. I’m hyped.

Although, apparently pre-Ult Palp is going to be hanging from the ceiling on his harness thing... that’ll be interesting to see. Especially in the middle of the Geonosis wastelands...
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Two quick examples:

That's not what jumping the shark means.

I couldn’t be bothered to look up posts to prove my point, I also couldn’t be bothered to think up a correct saying for my post. 🤷‍♂️
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member

You were right. They were on point today! I give them full credit for this. I was too negative too early.
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Looks like they forgot they have a forum. This kind of things are ridiculous. We don t hear about it from months and suddenly we have to watch some stream or whatever it is that not even their mother know just to get a crumb of information?

[Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Potato211 wrote: »
    Looks like they forgot they have a forum. This kind of things are ridiculous. We don t hear about it from months and suddenly we have to watch some stream or whatever it is that not even their mother know just to get a crumb of information?

[Removed - CM]

Or you could just read the kit post that is almost certain to drop today and then you wouldn't have to be so mad.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

Beyond ridiculous and I can't use the words I want otherwise Kyno will jail me again.

(hi kyno)

Or you could just read the kit post that is almost certain to drop today and then you wouldn't have to be so mad.

But then he can't be so mad
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member

Beyond ridiculous and I can't use the words I want otherwise Kyno will jail me again.

(hi kyno)

But then he can't be so mad

aj867oG_460s.jpg
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    So....OCT 7th is the date for the new GL’s. Ben Solo is on one of the events....I wonder if we will get a playable version of him. Interesting. Oh, and you won’t find that info on the forums...it’s on some random video that Ahnald just played.

Why did we need that to be spelled out? It was pretty obvious it would start 10/7. And they won't tell us if we'll get a playable version of anything until they're about to give us a playable version of something.