Potential concern about GL Luke in raids.

Prev1
Shaddess
221 posts Member
edited October 2020
This is just an assumption but it looks like Luke will Possibly summon a 6th to the field. I really hope this works in raids... it will be so bad if it doesn’t. Please don’t let this happen.. I know they said something about a “transformation” for both characters but it looks like a second character spawns when during the luke part whereas the palpatine part looks like a genuine transformation.

Replies

• Options
    What makes you think he will summon a 6th?
  • Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

In the video it shows a version of GL Luke in a white robe spawning the holo version of Luke From TLJ out of his body
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    It didn’t look like a summon rather JML replaces himself into the offensive version
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    It didn’t look like a summon rather JML replaces himself into the offensive version

That is my hope. It looks 50/50 to me though due to the way it spawned.
  • Options
    Where did you see a video of jml?
  • Options
    Where did you see a video of jml?

Can't find the link but CG released a trailer

You would think they will make a big deal about that, maybe make a forum post with said video.
  • SGP
    51 posts Member
    Options
    There is nothing in that video that indicates a summon
  • Options
    On gwr they said both new gls will undergo transformations. I am guessing that is what is happening.
  • Options
    SGP wrote: »

There is a second Luke come out of the white robed Luke, while palpatine just changes. I hope they’re both transformations. It might be a transformation but the animation showed in the trailer is where my potential concern lies
  • SGP
    51 posts Member
    Options
    Shaddess wrote: »

There is a second Luke come out of the white robed Luke, while palpatine just changes. I hope they’re both transformations. It might be a transformation but the animation showed in the trailer is where my potential concern lies

It’s just a trailer. That part is not from gameplay.

And transformation means to change. Not to summon.
  • Options

What they showed is likely the exact animations and events.. Which is gameplay.. not sure what you’re on about.
  • SGP
    51 posts Member
    Options

What they showed is likely the exact animations and events.. Which is gameplay.. not sure what you’re on about.

Are you kidding me?
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

No, the part you are referring to is not gameplay animations. Some of the stuff in the trailer are gameplay animations. The JML transformation is not. It might be the cut scene animation, but that's not the same.

Based on what they said in GWR, it's not a summon, it's a transformation. There is zero chance you can't use the ultimate in the raids.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options

In the video it shows a version of GL Luke in a white robe spawning the holo version of Luke From TLJ out of his body
    dp03x3fj02dk.png
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

Crumb confirmed that the trailer was going to show a teaser on their ults, so yes when you see hermit Luke "transform" into crait Luke that's likely actual game play.

It is very clearly not game play.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Also, what you are seeing fits the movies, there was not 2 Luke's on the battle field, there was One, it was his projection. The way its presented in the video suggests a "transformation" or replacement, similar to Palps transformation. Not a summon call.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Crumb confirmed that the trailer was going to show a teaser on their ults, so yes when you see hermit Luke "transform" into crait Luke that's likely actual game play.

It looks similar to the cut scenes we have for Rey and Kylo when they active ultimate. So it may be game play.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

It looks similar to the cut scenes we have for Rey and Kylo when they active ultimate. So it may be game play.

If I had to guess I would say it *is* the cut scenes. I would not classify that as game play.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

If I had to guess I would say it *is* the cut scenes. I would not classify that as game play.

Are the animations you see when attacking a toon game play? I would clarify them as such, which would extend to game play IMO. But sure, I really dont care one way or the other

I just meant they seem like actions taken by the toons and not say, animations isolated to the unlock events.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    The more concerning thing: What if he uses his ultimate force projection and then dies after he used it (maybe some super illuminated destiny effect to buff the other allies afterwards)? multi stage things (assault battles, TB waves, ..) or multi battle stuff (TW, GAC)?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options

Also, what you are seeing fits the movies, there was not 2 Luke's on the battle field, there was One, it was his projection. The way its presented in the video suggests a "transformation" or replacement, similar to Palps transformation. Not a summon call.

This is my hope, I Would hate to see another huge raid issue with these new GLs so that’s why I’m so concerned.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    In the new video you see it better. He does the transformation in the cut scene and when you get back it's just Crait Luke standing there.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Watched the video. It looks like it teases Vader getting a new ability where you can throw the Emperor down a shaft.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    In the new video you see it better. He does the transformation in the cut scene and when you get back it's just Crait Luke standing there.