JKL event eta?

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    JKL shouldn't return too early for the 3rd time. Otherwise it undoes all the exclusivity logic built into the game through years. If you are so keen on GL Luke, get everything done and wait for the 3rd time. Almost 23k ppl has jkl now, that's more than people that has either of the first gls.

Im fine waiting... but i dont think a gl should require a character you cant get to whene ever you want.

Makes JML feel rushed to me
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    JKL shouldn't return too early for the 3rd time. Otherwise it undoes all the exclusivity logic built into the game through years. If you are so keen on GL Luke, get everything done and wait for the 3rd time. Almost 23k ppl has jkl now, that's more than people that has either of the first gls.

Im fine waiting... but i dont think a gl should require a character you cant get to whene ever you want.

Don't see why it shouldn't need it on principle or how this is related to jml being rushed. In what way it's rushed? CG wanted to capitalise on an existing chase, that's for sure.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I get that, but with him being required for GL that kind of changes things I would think?
    Why would it? GLs are permanently available events so there is no reason to tie the required legendary/journey character's cadence to their release date.

I mean, JKL's not going to return early, but I would hardly say that JML is "permanently available" if one of his direct requirements is not permanently available. This was a bit of underhanded play on CG's part, but also not surprising.

I'm so confused, underhanded? Really?

Did you feel that way for R2 > CLS, or BB8 > JTR, or both Revans > Malak, orother times one toon has been required for another and it was not permanently available.

This has been the way of many event and is nothing new, and certainly not underhanded.

I mean, yes, a bit. GLs are the first (and only) events that are permanently available upon release. That's something of a paradigm shift - there's never been an expectation before of always having access to a legendary or hero's journey, or their requirements at times (for the ones you mentioned). But now they've set a precedent - "GLs are always available"... except when they're not.

But they are. They 100% are always available. Someone not qualifying because they dont have the requirements does not change thier availability.

If when any of the other events rolled around and you didnt have the required toons, they were still available, you just may not have qualified.

Yes these events are different, but the way the requirements are laid out is actually very similar to other events and there is nothing underhanded about making them that way. Its actually better they are the same as other events, this is what allows players to plan and work a plan.

This seems very tone deaf.

You must not have the same definition of available as everyone else on the forum.

If a required toon is not farmable because the event to farm the toon is not available then that means players can not make any progress towards unlocking the character. Without unlocking the character they can not enter the GL event that is always available. So in reality the event is not always available because players have to wait for an specific event to return before they can make any progress towards the GL.

I'm sure you understand this yet are being stubborn in admitting these facts and sticking to it is 100% always available. More and more everyday I question if your a real person or crumbs alt.

Also how can players plan and work a plan when CG doesn't communicate when the event returns? Did you forget players were given 0 days notice that JKL event is back. Ridiculous you say this means we can plan for it. U must be trolling

People who wanted JKLS got him the second time the event can back. People who didn't get him either the first time or the second didn't really want him - at least not enough to focus on farming for him. They just wished they had. Many people presumed JKLS would be a requirement for GL Luke.

If you are saying that you couldn't plan for an event the second time it can back and are pretending that you had no idea that JKLS might be required fur GL Luke, I think you're the one that's trolling.

Untrue. I wanted him but couldnt get him in time on try one as i was unwilling to pay to get the characters up and i was on gl rey. (3 day notice on jedi luke isnt enough time)

Time 2 i simply didnt have enough time to finish the farm as i was working it. Im down to 3 chracters left to finish the farm. Have to take northface han, rolo and lando from gear 12 to relic 3.

I want him but i am not gonna pay money for this game any more.

You chose to keep working on GL Rey - and that's fine. But there are many f2p players (myself included) that diverted gear/relics into JKLS requirements as soon as we found them out (during the first run), so that by the 2nd time he dropped we were ready. I actually got mine day 1 of the 2nd time.

I'm not suggesting that all f2p players could have done that - but many that focused as soon as they knew the requirements were able to do so. Obviously, those that continued to pursue GL Rey or SLKR would not have been able to do both.

But the precident of f2p shifting and focusing for the 2nd pass has always been the case in this game. For JKLS, it still was with focus.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I get that, but with him being required for GL that kind of changes things I would think?
    Why would it? GLs are permanently available events so there is no reason to tie the required legendary/journey character's cadence to their release date.

I mean, JKL's not going to return early, but I would hardly say that JML is "permanently available" if one of his direct requirements is not permanently available. This was a bit of underhanded play on CG's part, but also not surprising.

Did you feel that way for R2 > CLS, or BB8 > JTR, or both Revans > Malak, orother times one toon has been required for another and it was not permanently available.

This has been the way of many event and is nothing new, and certainly not underhanded.

I mean, yes, a bit. GLs are the first (and only) events that are permanently available upon release. That's something of a paradigm shift - there's never been an expectation before of always having access to a legendary or hero's journey, or their requirements at times (for the ones you mentioned). But now they've set a precedent - "GLs are always available"... except when they're not.

But they are. They 100% are always available. Someone not qualifying because they dont have the requirements does not change thier availability.

If when any of the other events rolled around and you didnt have the required toons, they were still available, you just may not have qualified.

Yes these events are different, but the way the requirements are laid out is actually very similar to other events and there is nothing underhanded about making them that way. Its actually better they are the same as other events, this is what allows players to plan and work a plan.

You must not have the same definition of available as everyone else on the forum.

If a required toon is not farmable because the event to farm the toon is not available then that means players can not make any progress towards unlocking the character. Without unlocking the character they can not enter the GL event that is always available. So in reality the event is not always available because players have to wait for an specific event to return before they can make any progress towards the GL.

I'm sure you understand this yet are being stubborn in admitting these facts and sticking to it is 100% always available. More and more everyday I question if your a real person or crumbs alt.

Also how can players plan and work a plan when CG doesn't communicate when the event returns? Did you forget players were given 0 days notice that JKL event is back. Ridiculous you say this means we can plan for it. U must be trolling

People who wanted JKLS got him the second time the event can back. People who didn't get him either the first time or the second didn't really want him - at least not enough to focus on farming for him. They just wished they had. Many people presumed JKLS would be a requirement for GL Luke.

If you are saying that you couldn't plan for an event the second time it can back and are pretending that you had no idea that JKLS might be required fur GL Luke, I think you're the one that's trolling.

Untrue. I wanted him but couldnt get him in time on try one as i was unwilling to pay to get the characters up and i was on gl rey. (3 day notice on jedi luke isnt enough time)

Time 2 i simply didnt have enough time to finish the farm as i was working it. Im down to 3 chracters left to finish the farm. Have to take northface han, rolo and lando from gear 12 to relic 3.

You chose to keep working on GL Rey - and that's fine. But there are many f2p players (myself included) that diverted gear/relics into JKLS requirements as soon as we found them out (during the first run), so that by the 2nd time he dropped we were ready. I actually got mine day 1 of the 2nd time.

I'm not suggesting that all f2p players could have done that - but many that focused as soon as they knew the requirements were able to do so. Obviously, those that continued to pursue GL Rey or SLKR would not have been able to do both.

But the precident of f2p shifting and focusing for the 2nd pass has always been the case in this game. For JKLS, it still was with focus.

But its still untrue to say that not getting it second run meant you didnt really want him. I felt i had more time.

Came back quicker than i thought it would therefore i was a bit short still.

That said, time 3 will do it as i nees a few more weeks
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Don't see why it shouldn't need it on principle or how this is related to jml being rushed. In what way it's rushed? CG wanted to capitalise on an existing chase, that's for sure.

Feels like the requiring of jkl is about a year early.... so that makes it feel rushed to me.

Its probably just a bad choice of requirement.... but he should be fully in jiurney guide before being added to a GL requirement list.

Thats how rey and kylo requirements were when it came to journey characters
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Feels like the requiring of jkl is about a year early.... so that makes it feel rushed to me.

Its probably just a bad choice of requirement.... but he should be fully in jiurney guide before being added to a GL requirement list.

There are many different things compared to first 2 gl requirements. The needs are not symmetrical between 2 new gls and they aren't similar to first 2 either. There are 15 requirements this time around. I didn't expect new gls this early either.

Though there's not much evidence in this release that cg is rushing it in their own plans. It fits with how they previously defined a gl. Rest is our wishful thinking how it should be. For example in the next batch, there might be a requirement after it's first run. This will keep us guessing and rushing towards any leg/epic/hero.

You weren't ready for jkls 2nd run, how are you doing with the rest of the requirements, would you really be ready for the release if not for jkl?
  • Kyno wrote: »

They are 100% available for game play the second you meet the requirements. That is 100% available.

Translates into
    If you are so keen on GL Luke, get everything done and wait.

Now let's me try to rewrite Kynos statement to be more direct to help answer the question presented about eta on JKL

They (JML) are ONLY AVAILABLE for game play if you ALREADY met the requirements. That is the way it is. If you have not already unlocked JKL you must get everything done and wait for the event to return.

JKL return will follow standard cadence so roughly 3 months or so until anyone currently without JKL can play the GL event for JML.

JKL event won't happen early, and yes CG said GL will be 100% available but CG never promised that the requirements to unlock a GL would be 100% available, only the GL event itself. See what they did there?

Word tricks for money. Get used to it if you like this game.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

But its still untrue to say that not getting it second run meant you didnt really want him. I felt i had more time.

By "really want" I meant "put everything else on hold and focus on JKLS requirements" - you admitted to not doing that- that you had more time. And again, that's fine and your choice. But for many f2p players who did stop everything else and focused on JKLS requirements as soon as they were known, they were able to get him the second time around. For a majority of f2p players in that situation it was possible - if they "wanted" him enough to actually change their farming immediately and pivot to JKLS requirements.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36576 posts Member
    Anyone who misses a second run event has made the choice to do so. They may have had good reasons to do that, but it's still on them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2020

There are many different things compared to first 2 gl requirements. The needs are not symmetrical between 2 new gls and they aren't similar to first 2 either. There are 15 requirements this time around. I didn't expect new gls this early either.

Though there's not much evidence in this release that cg is rushing it in their own plans. It fits with how they previously defined a gl. Rest is our wishful thinking how it should be. For example in the next batch, there might be a requirement after it's first run. This will keep us guessing and rushing towards any leg/epic/hero.

You weren't ready for jkls 2nd run, how are you doing with the rest of the requirements, would you really be ready for the release if not for jkl?

Lol never said i would be. Being f2p means 3bacca and mon are gonna be slow for me. Ive accepted that i wont get JML or SEE when they drop.

I just dont feel its right to have a character that one cannot obtain at any time in the list of required characters.

When rey launched, hero poe landed as farmable. Those waiting for f2p on that were going to need a bit of time to get him, but he could be farmed.

JKL simply is not farmable. His requirements are and its nice to see overlap there... but if hes not dropping to journey guide at JML launch, then this feels like its a poor choice to include, or that the event wasnt supposed to be dropped until that happened.

Thats all im saying. Ill be ready for JKL on 3rd return. Ill probably be getting close to JML at that time or shortly after.

Simply put, these gl are not obtainable for me with no money spent.... so ill rely on SLKR and Rey to hold me over. But i am actively farming JML via JKL requirements now
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2020

By "really want" I meant "put everything else on hold and focus on JKLS requirements" - you admitted to not doing that- that you had more time. And again, that's fine and your choice. But for many f2p players who did stop everything else and focused on JKLS requirements as soon as they were known, they were able to get him the second time around. For a majority of f2p players in that situation it was possible - if they "wanted" him enough to actually change their farming immediately and pivot to JKLS requirements.

Sure its possible, but again saying i really didnt want him because i wasnt ready at round 2 is not the case.

It really depends more heavily on time in game and where your han, rolo and lando were.

Basically put, i really want him but am not cool being told what i have to farm or stop farming to get him.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020

Lol never said i would be. Being f2p means 3bacca and mon are gonna be slow for me. Ive accepted that i wont get JML or SEE when they drop.

I just dont feel its right to have a character that one cannot obtain at any time in the list of required characters.

When rey launched, hero poe landed as farmable. Those waiting for f2p on that were going to need a bit of time to get him, but he could be farmed.

JKL simply is not farmable. His requirements are and its nice to see overlap there... but if hes not dropping to journey guide at JML launch, then this feels like its a poor choice to include, or that the event wasnt supposed to be dropped until that happened.

Thats all im saying. Ill be ready for JKL on 3rd return. Ill probably be getting close to JML at that time or shortly after.

Simply put, these gl are not obtainable for me with no money spent.... so ill rely on SLKR and Rey to hold me over. But i am actively farming JML via JKL requirements now

I still see this as six of one and a half dozen of the other. You're admitting ftp would have to farm the new Res characters. How long? As long as it will take for JKL to come back...for the THIRD iteration of the event. There's no difference there.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

They are 100% available for game play the second you meet the requirements. That is 100% available.

Translates into
    If you are so keen on GL Luke, get everything done and wait.

Now let's me try to rewrite Kynos statement to be more direct to help answer the question presented about eta on JKL

They (JML) are ONLY AVAILABLE for game play if you ALREADY met the requirements. That is the way it is. If you have not already unlocked JKL you must get everything done and wait for the event to return.

JKL return will follow standard cadence so roughly 3 months or so until anyone currently without JKL can play the GL event for JML.

JKL event won't happen early, and yes CG said GL will be 100% available but CG never promised that the requirements to unlock a GL would be 100% available, only the GL event itself. See what they did there?

Word tricks for money. Get used to it if you like this game.

Yea, no reason to expect any different, entirety of the game is built on such tricks. Ever watched a game dev conference on f2p gaming monetization? I'm surprised people are still surprised.

Though let's not brush over the fact that there are 23k jkls in the game right now. This is a pretty normal and healthy number considering batches of metas (jkr,dr,malak,gas) that came before and jkl isn't even meta and how many there were after 2nd run.

And let's not forget there are 3 other gls to pick from. It's not likely there to be even a single player that can get all 3, but haven't gotten jkl, thus locked out of gl luke. If all 4 GLs were in this manner, that would be absolutely double speak on cg's part. That's not the case.

One such case is incentive enough for mid-high spenders to grab in between leg/epic/hero's. Even after two more years this never repeated it will make people thing it can happen.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator

Sure its possible, but again saying i really didnt want him because i wasnt ready at round 2 is not the case.

It really depends more heavily on time in game and where your han, rolo and lando were.

Basically put, i really want him but am not cool being told what i have to farm or stop farming to get him.

Semantics. Of course you really WANT him, but you're not wanting to put in the effort required to get him. That's the point. You WANT him to just fall into your lap. But you apparently don't want him badly enough to get him.

It's frustrating in some ways that gone are the days where you could pick up a 7* Legendary with 5 g8-9 toons. But even back then it was always the same issue: choose a path. I didn't unlock Thrawn the first time because I didn't want to divert from working on my p2 HAAT team to work on Phoenix. I got him the second time though.

So it's about choices. Like someone said, I don't think someone that would otherwise be ready for GL Luke is going to be put out by JKL not coming out for three months. It will take ftp AT LEAST that long to get 3PAC and MM. And what else? We haven't even seen the kits yet! So if you are choosing Luke over SEE, it's purely on the basis of liking Luke, which means they probably got JKL out of love for the character anyway.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    crzydroid wrote: »

I still see this as six of one and a half dozen of the other. You're admitting ftp would have to farm the new Res characters. How long? As long as it will take for JKL to come back...for the THIRD iteration of the event. There's no difference there.

Ummm huge difference. Farming a resistance hero character to 7 star and g13 r5 is dramactixally different than farming multiple characters to r3 and then unlocking jkl and then gearing him to r7.

Again this isnt about effort is about avaliability to do it.

Lets say i was now done with jkl requirements (im not i still need to go from gear 12 to gear 13 on han, rolo and lando)... lets say i have his gear ready too. (I did for the last gl requirements farm)

I am now waiting for a chance to play jkl event so that i can unlock him to gear him for jml.

Thats a world of difference between resistance hero poe landing on the holo table for f2p to farm on day 1 gl rey release.

Again none of this impacts me this time due to choices ive made.... but that doesnt mean its the correct way to do the roll out.
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Anyone who misses a second run event has made the choice to do so. They may have had good reasons to do that, but it's still on them.

Typically i would agree with this statement. But not for JKL. With Hermit Yoda and Wampa being G1 token characters unless you had them before the event, even with farming all your g1 tokens into them you would not have these characters when it ran the second time.

I speak from person experience. I had hermit yoda already, but had only 10/330 on wampa when the requirements for JKL were first announced. I have put ever g1 token from LSTB (we do Geo at 16 stars), DSTB (we do Geo at 30 stars) and HSith Raid (I place routinely in top 3) into wampa and I just now on Oct 4th 7 stared Wampa.

So the earliest you could do this is a third run on the normal cycle if you didn't have these two characters (and you do hoth at 40+ stars). If you are doing Geo TB you'll like only get JKL on his 4th return...

This isn't even going into the fact that CG said when hermit yoda and wampa came out that they WOULD NOT BE USED IN Legendary Events...

All this to say, its not crazy for people to ask for the JKL event to run along side the release of JML, it doesn't negatively affect the JKL population. It would just be an example of them giving access to content needed for the event.

Truthfully it doesn't matter to me, i'll end up getting JML around Christmas either way as i round out all the relic requirements needed for him. But CG can earn some community good will by making required events more accessible.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Semantics. Of course you really WANT him, but you're not wanting to put in the effort required to get him. That's the point. You WANT him to just fall into your lap. But you apparently don't want him badly enough to get him.

It's frustrating in some ways that gone are the days where you could pick up a 7* Legendary with 5 g8-9 toons. But even back then it was always the same issue: choose a path. I didn't unlock Thrawn the first time because I didn't want to divert from working on my p2 HAAT team to work on Phoenix. I got him the second time though.

So it's about choices. Like someone said, I don't think someone that would otherwise be ready for GL Luke is going to be put out by JKL not coming out for three months. It will take ftp AT LEAST that long to get 3PAC and MM. And what else? We haven't even seen the kits yet! So if you are choosing Luke over SEE, it's purely on the basis of liking Luke, which means they probably got JKL out of love for the character anyway.

No i dont want him to fall into my lap. Where are you getting that from.

Im farming him the old fashioned way. You are just stuck on saying because someone didnt stop everything and realign to just jkl that they clearly didnt want him enough.

Thats a massive over simplification of this.

For example in my case i felt id have more time before round 2. Example being if it dropped late this month i think i would have it ready. But perhaps i slow down now knowing i have till likely christmas due to the 3 to 4 month cadence. Example, i went ahead and did raid han before jkl's han now. Im also taking thr characters tht overlap to the jml relic level instead of the jkl level.

Saying i didnt want it enough is simply untrue. If anything i would say i planned poorly... but even that is based on expecting a return later than it happened.
  • Maybe I missed it in the thread, but I didn't see anyone pointing out that the previous GLs needed cap ships that were not available 100% of the time. Sure, they came back every 2 weeks, but the point is that the current setup is not entirely without precedent. And even if it were, you're still just debating semantics. I hate on CG more than most, I'd wager, but I don't want them to have to run every sentence through a legal department that adds qualifying clause after the other to make sure everything is 100% airtight.

The event is open permanently in the Journey Guide upon release. That's what they meant. I have a hard time believing anyone really read more into their "always available" line than that.

Just, c'mon, let it go.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020

Ummm huge difference. Farming a resistance hero character to 7 star and g13 r5 is dramactixally different than farming multiple characters to r3 and then unlocking jkl and then gearing him to r7.

Again this isnt about effort is about avaliability to do it.

Lets say i was now done with jkl requirements (im not i still need to go from gear 12 to gear 13 on han, rolo and lando)... lets say i have his gear ready too. (I did for the last gl requirements farm)

I am not witing for a chance to play jkl event so tht i can unlock him to gear him for jml.

Thats a world of difference between resistance hero poe landing on the holo table for f2p to farm on day 1 gl rey release.

Again none of this impacts me this time due to choices ive made.... but that doesnt mean its the correct way to do the roll out.

This is more of an argument that JKL is a requirement, and not that he should he should be dropped or perma added when GL Luke drops. You're either ready for a GL or you're not. If you're not, you're waiting. If anything, JKL coming the second time as early as he did WAS the bone CG threw to players--if he had come back later this month, people might have to wait to relic him before farming GL Luke tickets. Coming back early means MORE people are ready for GL Luke right away, not fewer.

Reading between the lines of your comments, it sounds like your real argument here is not really about GL Luke, but that JKL second coming caught you off guard and you weren't ready when you assumed you would be. And now you'll be ready enough in advance of third time that you'll have to wait. So you feel that if GL Luke was the excuse to bring JKL back, in that universe you could get what you want.
  • TVF
    36576 posts Member
    Twi wrote: »

Typically i would agree with this statement. But not for JKL. With Hermit Yoda and Wampa being G1 token characters unless you had them before the event, even with farming all your g1 tokens into them you would not have these characters when it ran the second time.

I speak from person experience. I had hermit yoda already, but had only 10/330 on wampa when the requirements for JKL were first announced. I have put ever g1 token from LSTB (we do Geo at 16 stars), DSTB (we do Geo at 30 stars) and HSith Raid (I place routinely in top 3) into wampa and I just now on Oct 4th 7 stared Wampa.

So the earliest you could do this is a third run on the normal cycle if you didn't have these two characters (and you do hoth at 40+ stars). If you are doing Geo TB you'll like only get JKL on his 4th return...

This isn't even going into the fact that CG said when hermit yoda and wampa came out that they WOULD NOT BE USED IN Legendary Events...

All this to say, its not crazy for people to ask for the JKL event to run along side the release of JML, it doesn't negatively affect the JKL population. It would just be an example of them giving access to content needed for the event.

Truthfully it doesn't matter to me, i'll end up getting JML around Christmas either way as i round out all the relic requirements needed for him. But CG can earn some community good will by making required events more accessible.

This is fair. I guess I'm speaking more about long time players. I have sympathy for people who started after Geo TB was released.

With that said do you have a source on CG saying Hoda and Wampa wouldn't ever be used in a Legendary event?
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    With that said do you have a source on CG saying Hoda and Wampa wouldn't ever be used in a Legendary event?

Now that it's mentioned I seem to vaguely remember that, but I'd have to check, as it could be Mandela Effect. I certainly remember people theorizing both would be needed for JKL, 2-2.5 years before they finally got around to releasing him. They may have said they weren't planning on using them for other characters then. But they used to also say there would be a week's notice before a Legendary or Hero's Journey.

In any case, since they may or may not have said that, they added ROLO and Wampa to galactic bounties. And now that they have Geo TB, I think you can also farm ROLO outright instead of needing to beat the mission. HYoda is still in just the one place AFAIK.
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Some things are subject to change, but some are not... CG decides. Tho dont believe much what they are promising. When JKL will be coming back in Christmas, then its good, at least i dont have to panic farm for JML. I get him ftp.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Im farming him the old fashioned way. You are just stuck on saying because someone didnt stop everything and realign to just jkl that they clearly didnt want him enough.

For example in my case i felt id have more time before round 2. Example being if it dropped late this month i think i would have it ready. But perhaps i slow down now knowing i have till likely christmas due to the 3 to 4 month cadence. Example, i went ahead and did raid han before jkl's han now. Im also taking thr characters tht overlap to the jml relic level instead of the jkl level.

Saying i didnt want it enough is simply untrue. If anything i would say i planned poorly... but even that is based on expecting a return later than it happened.

First off, I'm not trying to pick on you Shaggy, just trying to suggest that for f2p players to be certain of getting major characters their second time around, they need to "drop everything and focus". The part about thinking you had more time is precisely the point. Especially since it involved GL Rey - who is always available. The times I have not gotten characters the second time around, it was always because I thought I had more time...and continued finishing else something that could have waited. The times I got characters the first or second time was when I was focused and disciplined.

And no, I wouldn't slow down now. That's also the point - prep at full speed. Once you have everything you need for the "limited time release" - then move on to something else.

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

First off, I'm not trying to pick on you Shaggy, just trying to suggest that for f2p players to be certain of getting major characters their second time around, they need to "drop everything and focus". The part about thinking you had more time is precisely the point. Especially since it involved GL Rey - who is always available. The times I have not gotten characters the second time around, it was always because I thought I had more time...and continued finishing else something that could have waited. The times I got characters the first or second time was when I was focused and disciplined.

And no, I wouldn't slow down now. That's also the point - prep at full speed. Once you have everything you need for the "limited time release" - then move on to something else.

Im more disagreeing. I think cg threw us all a bone and dropped jkl early for the second time... which more screwed me than helped me...
  • TVF
    36576 posts Member

Im more disagreeing. I think cg threw us all a bone and dropped jkl early for the second time... which more screwed me than helped me...

How is 83 days early?
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator

How is 83 days early?

It's certainly earlier than the 90-120 days that would be expected.
  • TVF
    36576 posts Member

How is 83 days early?

Events vary, shrug.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

How is 83 days early?

But that's irrelevant to my point. f2p don't have the luxury to wait or "finish up" what they're working on. As soon as JKLS requirements were known, a f2p player who wanted to be sure to get him the second time around could/should have pivoted to focus on those requirements. Doing so would have made it possible.

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

How is 83 days early?

Events vary, shrug.

Early is also relative to when i was guessing.

That said... i should be ready by monday or tuesday
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

How is 83 days early?

But that's irrelevant to my point. f2p don't have the luxury to wait or "finish up" what they're working on. As soon as JKLS requirements were known, a f2p player who wanted to be sure to get him the second time around could/should have pivoted to focus on those requirements. Doing so would have made it possible.

Also looking at past journey return rates for the first return would be how youd guage the time needed.

Again i judged wrong and missed round 2.... doesnt mean i wanted him less