JKL event eta?

13Next

Replies

• i could have Rey already. I still need 27 res hero Finn shards, Need 107 res hero Poe shards (not to mention finish gearing them and then relic them). I stopped everything I was doing after JKL first dropped and switched to JKL bc he's the toon I have wanted since I first started playing the game almost 4 years ago.

Nikoms565 is exactly on point- loads of ppl got him 2nd time around, including ppl who were f2p, bc they dropped everything to get the requirements. It means I sacrificed GET I and II tokens for gear, meaning a long way to go on Gen Sky and Negotiator still. And I still don't have Rey which would benefit me more in arena than my JKL does. But idc bc he's the toon I've wanted since I saw him on the loading screen all those years ago (and he's fantastic).

Could I have waited? To my mind no. Bc his event return date was an unknown it gave me a drive and focus to be ready for him ASAP. Rey I can get whenever I want. There's nothing time-sensitive about it. Whether I'm ready next week or next month, Rey will still be there waiting for me to unlock her. I'm sure you want JKL. But I don't think you wanted him more than me. And that's in part Nikoms565's point. You want him, but not enough to sacrifice your current focus which others did.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I get that, but with him being required for GL that kind of changes things I would think?
    Why would it? GLs are permanently available events so there is no reason to tie the required legendary/journey character's cadence to their release date.

I mean, JKL's not going to return early, but I would hardly say that JML is "permanently available" if one of his direct requirements is not permanently available. This was a bit of underhanded play on CG's part, but also not surprising.

I'm so confused, underhanded? Really?

Did you feel that way for R2 > CLS, or BB8 > JTR, or both Revans > Malak, orother times one toon has been required for another and it was not permanently available.

This has been the way of many event and is nothing new, and certainly not underhanded.

Frankly yes. On all counts.
  • gura
    20 posts Member
    Will this event be announced in monthly calendar? Or is it still to early and event will come back not announced?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    gura wrote: »
    Will this event be announced in monthly calendar? Or is it still to early and event will come back not announced?

It won't be announced on the monthly calendar ever. At the one year mark it will be permanently available in the journey guide. Until then you just have to wait for it to pop up, every 90 days is a rough guideline but can vary in either direction.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The only way that anyone has any complaints about jkl making jml not available is if they are now ready for jkl a d waiting and also ready for jml otherwise.

Considering with mon monthma and chewpio, you would probably need to spend to be ready by now or have started on relicing rebels and jkl requirements a long time ago.

Most likely if you missed jkl the second time, you also have other jml requirements to work on while you wait. If you were close enough with everything else and decided not to spend it's still on you. It isn't a surprise that jkl would be available for a week and then wait 3 months.

Personally I was still finishing gear on GAS requirements and starring Wampa when ef n they announced the GLs. I figured then that jkl would likely be required. I also figured then, I'd likely need to go for palps since I wouldn't make jkl requirements on time.

It worked out ok and I have no regrets. I still need 2 stars on Piett and g13 and relics on 4 others but I'm making good progress. Had I dropped everything for jml, I'd still be waiting until December and probably longer for the GL.

You make decisions and live with them it's how the game works.
  • The only way that anyone has any complaints about jkl making jml not available is if they are now ready for jkl a d waiting and also ready for jml otherwise.

Considering with mon monthma and chewpio, you would probably need to spend to be ready by now or have started on relicing rebels and jkl requirements a long time ago.

Most likely if you missed jkl the second time, you also have other jml requirements to work on while you wait. If you were close enough with everything else and decided not to spend it's still on you. It isn't a surprise that jkl would be available for a week and then wait 3 months.

Personally I was still finishing gear on GAS requirements and starring Wampa when ef n they announced the GLs. I figured then that jkl would likely be required. I also figured then, I'd likely need to go for palps since I wouldn't make jkl requirements on time.

It worked out ok and I have no regrets. I still need 2 stars on Piett and g13 and relics on 4 others but I'm making good progress. Had I dropped everything for jml, I'd still be waiting until December and probably longer for the GL.

I’m f2p and have been ready and waiting for roughly 2 weeks now.
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    The only way that anyone has any complaints about jkl making jml not available is if they are now ready for jkl a d waiting and also ready for jml otherwise.

I’m f2p and have been ready and waiting for roughly 2 weeks now.

Which was still a month out from when I posted that. If you were in a hurry, you could spend. Waiting two or three weeks for the new character ftp is pretty common. You should be used to it by now.

But it's December now so he should be due to return sometime this month.