6-A Mods Discussion

Prev13456710
Figured I should make a thread for all of it before Kyno needs to merge twenty of them.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/236350/6-a-mods-are-coming-to-the-holotables#latest

Discuss.

Replies

• CG, can you guys please increase mod inventory!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Looks like the secondary that's increased is random again. Too bad the material isn't tied to a secondary slot, so that you can specifically target a secondary once you're at 6*.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I think it's cool. If it works like it sounds on paper, it should make farming the secondaries you want easier.
  • Not a big deal after reading don’t need to roll speed anymore
  • Another thing to farm and collect ... yet still waiting on a repeatable and playable game mode ... meh
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    At first sight, it looks like cg came up with something that nails the base logic. This will allow those of us with very few god mods to heal the situation in time and raise the value of good secondary stack choices.

I'm pretty sure it will suck to collect the upgrade mats for a while...still it's an improvement over all.
    Post edited by MaruMaru on
  • Personally - I’m glad this is how they did it, at least functionality-wise. It lets you take mods that upgraded a specific secondary (speed) three times instead of four, and give them a very good chance of getting that fifth upgrade, while preventing someone with insane RNG getting speed to upgrade 8 times over. It’ll also let us focus on non-speed secondaries a bit more. And it sets up 7E-7A mods nicely.

The rewards being tied to Galactic Challenges... that I’m not really looking forward to. It feels like it’s trying to distract us from the awful other rewards, or maybe even lower them. And them not being farmable is worrisome.
  • i totally agree with you TargetEadu, this seems like an interesting way to try and balance the speed secondaries across the game.
  • This is stupid and ill timed. They’re adding more stuff to farm when we need relief from the gear crunch. Now instead they choose to add more.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat this isn’t what we want. Here’s what we want....

-GC’s running back to back
    -Kit reveals for the new GL’a
    - Added Tiers to daily challenges rewarding high demand gear
    - Relief from the gear crunch that was promised almost a year ago.
    - A new raid
    - More PVE table nodes
    - More ship nodes
    - Actual playable content.

Dear lord how gone deaf can you guys continue to be?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    kalidor wrote: »
    Looks like the secondary that's increased is random again. Too bad the material isn't tied to a secondary slot, so that you can specifically target a secondary once you're at 6*.

But as we approach maxes on secondaries you will have better odds of hitting on other stats.

Also, you can say it, speed, everyone wants to upgrade speed.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    But a secondary with 5 upgrades won't increase anymore. This may help to increase the secondary speed of mods that only had 3 or 4 upgrades on said stat.
    That should help creat more "god speed" mods.

At least in theory.

• While this isn't the content I was looking for, I actually think this is a good implementation for the player base.

With the primaries staying the same and the secondaries capped at 5 rolls, this should compress the speed differential and reduce some of the randomness of the mod experience. Instead of having to go 4/4 to get a fast mod, you now only need to go 4/8.

However, double secondaries like offense %/speed or tenacity/speed become a whole lot more valuable.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

But as we approach maxes on secondaries you will have better odds of hitting on other stats.

Also, you can say it, speed, everyone wants to upgrade speed.

I don't mind the 5 bump cap on any secondary, that makes sense. It'd just be nice to be able to target a specific secondary once you've invested a lot of resources into a 6* mod. And since the secondary attribute order is random, it'd balance the materials needed.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • JarJarRequissa
    195 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    its really sad to me that we dont get a mod cap increase with this. cashgrab galore without giving the players something they have been asking for a long time that wont cost them really anything. i have to sell more mods than i actually get to use or do anything with and the selling process gets so old that i dont even like to farm mods anymore. would have been nice for ea/cg to do something to make mods a better farming process but nope we get a longer grind with no real improvement to the issue that makes mods such a pain
  • How will this impact ship stats? Is 6E-6A a 4 speed jump? tell us mooooooar
  • CG, how will these mod upgrades alter ship stats when equipped on crew members? Thanks in advance!
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Content! Wait, never mind, just ugh.
  • So, how is thig going to impact ships.. and oh I dunno say those who do not have crews? Are we going to see some disparity there. Actually not sure how much I care, more and more we just get random stuff dumped on us. Maybe someone wanted this.. but I don't know about right at this moment.
  • Will this mean we can stop getting useless 3 & 4 dot mods when farming?!
  • i think its nice that speed cant be upgraded in there teirs. it keeps your mod value while making it better still
  • The key question especially with 2 fleets in GAC now is what is the impact on fleet.
    Also what will this mean for pilotless ships who won't benefit from mods

Would really appreciate an answer on this
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Yawn
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    i think its nice that speed cant be upgraded in there teirs. it keeps your mod value while making it better still

speed can be upgraded. it just cant go beyond 5 upgrades. so theres alot of mods that can get faster but not faster than the cap
  • I am reading through some of the comments and while it appears most people thus far are somewhat happy with the result, I hear an undertone of settling for less. This seems to be the constant theme. This isn’t big news . This isn’t exciting news. It feels like a necessary evil that we have all come to expect as the price we need to pay to play a game we like. Games are supposed to be fun - this isn’t fun. This is like more pain in the butt farming. I don’t play this game to farm. I play this game to kick butt with characters I like. I don’t think we should settle - I wish we could just say no thank you - how about you give us something we want instead of this.
  • Overall I like it.

The big problem I see is that this changes the values of mods. That mod that was your prized possession that hit 27 speed but is on a weak primary with poor secondaries is no longer an ideal mod. This will help some people and hurt others based on previous modding strategies. Those who focused on stats beyond speed are going to be sitting pretty.