Jedi class weak in game?

FeepCunner
64 posts Member
edited March 2016
Does it seem that way to everyone else? Like all the top teams have so many counters for them?
Post edited by FeepCunner on

Replies

• I don't see any Sideous on my ladder. I wish I did. I see a lot of QGJ and Yoda though. Oh, and a lot of Rey. :'(
  • Trevor
    102 posts Member
    Qgj(l) yoda lumi and rg + gs
    Deadly combination
  • The "good" guys are always at a handicap. It's like Superman; he could easily decapitate his foes from range, with his laser eyes, but he always chooses to get closer and catch some Kryptonite with his face.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Yeah because you never see QGJ, Yoda or Lumi right.
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    FeepCunner wrote: »
    Everyone runs Sidious - Jedi can barely hit him w/ his evasion against Jedi

Nearly everyone runs cheeseball Dooku - extra Jedi stuns and Jedi ability block
    I hate to share my strategy but you're an exceptional.

DON'T hit Sidious with your jedi push, use it on other top priority enemy to disable their turn and laugh at Dooku as you out heal his damages with your short cd heal. In other word, Jedi need some decent skill to truly enjoy them.
    Post edited by Jsnazz on
  • I hit top 30 with all Jedi. Probably could push a closer to top ten. Running Yoda I can pretty much ignore sidious until the end. Problem is I can get bumped back to 100 quickly cause I guess my setup isn't very good defensively. This will change as I learn more :) only been playing a few months.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    I hit Sidious with my Sid and finish him off with GS and his assist. He's usually gone before he gets a turn (unless there's a glass cannon that needs to be hit before him).

But yeah when I first started I wanted an all-Jedi team. The game makes that tricky. You'd think a lightsaber that's supposed to be able to slice through pretty much anything would do more damage. Old Ben...ugh. He might as well be using a stick.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @Raollow has been in top 10 and taking #1 in his time slot with all Jedi or 4/5 Jedi comp (no RG, no Dooku, no Sid, sometimes he uses Rey as his 5th sometimes Old Ben) for a month now on my server and that server is loaded with "meta" level speed comps and RG in the top 10/20. QGJ is possibly the best overall character in the game, Yoda is may be even better than him and for sure in running as best character as well, then JKA is a beast and they made Ahsoka very playable with a recent update - have all 4 of those on your team with QGJ leading and you're going to be moving 4 times before nearly all characters in the game and they do good damage. The you have Lumi, whos the best combo of attacker / healer in the game with the best individual heal, Old Ben with the mind tricks move that's incredibly disabling.

One specific tactic you can use with that Jedi comp is with Yoda / Jinn / Lumi, you can take 2 toons down to kill range - which then sets up JKA for his aoe, which is pretty strong - and his aoe gives all allies offense up if it kills something. Execute that and you are then 3 vs. 5 with all your Jedi offense up and Lumi ready to drop a kill shot on someone.

Most of the other Jedi are not particularly good in arena, but those 6 are definitely viable.
  • I run a QGJ (l) lumi, yoda, rey and RP in arena and i can beat ANYTHING (i have a hard time with dooku lead teams when they evade 70% of my attacks but that's it)
  • I am cleaning GW all the day with a QGJ, Ahsoka, Yoda, Barris and RG Team. No looses till the last match. So yes, Jedis are very weak ;-)
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Wait a minuet though, the Jedi are garbage in the films. wiped out by a bunch of clones, unable to see the patently obvious and frequently morally suspect. the game seems to be a fair representation of them.
  • Watch episode 3 and u will know why they are trash
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    If a team with QGJ, Yoda and Lumi is losing, blame (and change) your strategy, not your heroes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    There are more Jedi in this game than any other subset of characters. Some of them are godly (Lumi, QGJ, Yoda) and some of them are just really good (Ashoka, Anakin(in the right team), barriss, JC, Aayla, Kit fisto (ok) Old Ben, Ima-Gun Di, and their are some bad ones. They can't all be "the best". If there were 15 Sith or 15 Scoundrels or 15 Resistance, etc, we would have the same thing happen. I am just happy that QGJ and Yoda are powerful. GM Yoda is probably the best, most well rounded and fun character in this game.

ETA: Welcome to the forum
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Jedi and handicap? ! You never got Lumi as a Opponent pffffff...what for handicap...just don't jump around with 5 jedis
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Wait a minuet though, the Jedi are garbage in the films. wiped out by a bunch of clones, unable to see the patently obvious and frequently morally suspect. the game seems to be a fair representation of them.

+1

The sith are *much* stronger than the Jedi in the first six films. Obi-Wan only beats Maul because he gets angry (dark side trait), Dooku destroys Anakin and Obi-Wan, Palpatine has his way with Yoda, and Luke only beats the Emperor because Vader switched sides unexpectedly. It is not until Episode 7 that we see a Jedi that is possibly stronger than whatever they are calling the dark side force users these days.
  • I am surprised to see the praise of Yoda in here. I always kill him in one hit (with call for assist). An easily killed toon is not useful to anyone.
  • FeepCunner wrote: »
    Everyone runs Sidious - Jedi can barely hit him w/ his evasion against Jedi

Nearly everyone runs cheeseball Dooku - extra Jedi stuns and Jedi ability block

I'm feeling the bern over having invested my materials, time, and dollars on 3 Jedi! Once the level cap changes and/or they tone down the silliness I'm sure we'll have something else to gripe about, it's just sorta crazy to think that the main good guys of the Star Wars universe would be such undesirable junk players in this game.

From your comment I believe you are one of the new player and on a new server. When I started way back in Dec, I too saw line up with Sid, Phasma etc. Slowly when players started getting QGJ, Lumi, world was different.

But yes, I will say that lately I have switched back to Sid from QGJ or Lumi, and all that just for fun.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Well, my full Jedi team just beat up a strong Dooku team and took their lunch money. You can just ignore Sid and then focus him down at the end.

https://youtu.be/_E5Q6fwRA0Q
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I am surprised to see the praise of Yoda in here. I always kill him in one hit (with call for assist). An easily killed toon is not useful to anyone.

You can say that about any character when you are on offense. While you are killing Yoda, my GS, Rey, and QGJ will most likely take one of yours out in return. On offense, My Yoda will go before any of your team and gain foresight (unless I am facing Dooku and Sid, then I have debuff immunity for the team). If we judged characters by the way the AI handled them, we would say most characters were lackluster. Now in the hands of person, Yoda is a beast. By your logic, Fives, Savage Opress, and many other high hit point characters are "better" than Yoda.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I am surprised to see the praise of Yoda in here. I always kill him in one hit (with call for assist). An easily killed toon is not useful to anyone.

Too bad yoda moves before you, his unstoppable force can deal with 7K damage + turn meter reduction. Every enemy looks easy to kill when you are on offense, yoda can be one shot while Kylo might go down in 2 shots. If you have only 80% chance to win yoda teams on offense then too bad he has 99% chance to beat you on offense.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    You obviously never played jedi power battles, or warriors ok tarise Kai where stormtroopers was way way op or whatever.