Any way to reverse in-game purchase?

My child grabbed my phone and accidentally purchased a rebel faction pack for somewhere around 2,000 crystals (not sure on the exact amount). EA support says they can’t do anything. Am I just stuck with overpriced shard shop currency?

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I'm afraid so.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Monomer wrote: »
    My child grabbed my phone and accidentally purchased a rebel faction pack for somewhere around 2,000 crystals (not sure on the exact amount). EA support says they can’t do anything. Am I just stuck with overpriced shard shop currency?
    Submit a ticket. They might meet you half way and reimburse some of the crystals.

Speaking from experience, here!
  • Options
    Submit a ticket. They might meet you half way and reimburse some of the crystals.

Ticket with EA? I did. They told me they can’t help.
  • Options
    Well, this is awkward...
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Well, your child is a true rebel!
    He rebelled!
    And he supported other rebels
    P.S. I wish you luck with Ea support though
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Keep opening tickets. I also here it is better to try love chat with an agent vs email tag
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Call their support number. I did that once and they refunded my crystals in like five minutes.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Would set up payment confirmation on your bank app
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Keep opening tickets. I also here it is better to try love chat with an agent vs email tag

That’s funny cause I heard love chatting would get you banned.
  • Options

Would set up payment confirmation on your bank app

There was no actual money spent. It was just crystals.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Call their support number. I did that once and they refunded my crystals in like five minutes.

Thanks. I'll try that.
  • Options

All you need is love.

And patience, in this case.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Calo_Nord wrote: »

That’s funny cause I heard love chatting would get you banned.

I saw it after I posted, thought about fixing it. Decided it would be more fun this way
  • Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    You can request refunds from Apple or Google directly.

Only for purchases. Not for spending in game crystals
  • Options
    You can forget about the 2000 crystals, you won't get them back, why?

Anyone can say my child did it. You can't prove it.

It's like back in school, my dog ate my homework.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    You can request refunds from Apple or Google directly.

Only for purchases. Not for spending in game crystals

Seems like it would equally solve the problem. Get a refund then repurchase the crystals... Easy peasy.

not everyone purchases crystals.
  • Options
    It sucks that you wasted 2000 crystals. But it's not really CGs fault in this case so I can see their reasoning for not refunding them.

If they did then you could open a pack, decide you didn't get the character you wanted and then ask for a refund (not saying you did that). It's just too open for abuse.

• Options
    Lordwar83 wrote: »
    You can forget about the 2000 crystals, you won't get them back, why?

Anyone can say my child did it. You can't prove it.

It's like back in school, my dog ate my homework.

They have refunded part of the crystals I lost this way in the recent past.
  • Calo_Nord
    224 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I think I've heard of players having their account state reset to a certain date. Might be remembering that wrong. This would reset everything though including any progress you've made farming shards or whatnot since then but you'd get your crystals back. It might be worth asking ea help about it if you value the 2000 crystals more than the days of progress (including crystals from payouts) you'd lose by reseting your account.

Of course, they might not have the capability. It all depends on whether they backup account states and how long they maintain the backups.
  • Options
    Usually Apple or Google works with the customer on minor situations like this. Can’t hurt to ask them.

IMO, CG would do us a great favor to at least implement a 2-step option for purchases in case of situations like kids or theft.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Do have access to a DeLorean....and.a flux capacitor handy?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*