recruiting problem

2Next

Replies

• Preto wrote: »
    See but that's exactly the problem. Outside resources, not in-game areas, are the only viable way to recruit. That was what the original post is about and people seem to be ignoring that discrepancy. Why should we expect even the most casual of guild recruitment to occur on an outside website, or using a third-party chatting platform? Why, when the ability to chat and guild search and guild invite is already in the game, can they not streamline a recruitment system, or expand on the guild invite capabilities? It isn't 100% a CG problem, but they have the tools to improve on the current system so we don't have to expect new players to sift through forums when they could just balance the guild recommendations list for casual players, or so we don't expect players to join fifty discord servers to judge which guild is right for them when CG could just implement the ability to make chat rooms within the game (since I can already do it from my ally list, why can't allies pull in new members to the chat so that allies of allies can be recruited in-game, etc.)
    What I hear you saying is: CG needs to put further strain on the game servers in order to cater to the people who don't want to help themselves.
    Games and guilds have always been this way; you have some in-game chat/tools to do that but most of the recruitment process happens outside of the game via 3rd party apps/sites. Why? Because OPTIONS.
    How do you expect the devs to choose the best way for every individual? They need to search and choose for themselves.
    Installing Discord or going on a website/forum is not quantum physics, you just have to care a bit. There's also social media these days which further facilitates recruitment.
    The game offers Guild Search and Join basic facility for casual players who do not want/care to further look if that guild is really the best option for them.
    If you want an example of a very popular mobile game with a general chat, have a look at Mobile Legends - try that chat for more than 20 seconds and it will give you nightmares. No, thank you.
    This culture of entitlement where you go "give me, give me" but when you get it, you complain it's actually not the right thing for you....well, doh!

How about people pull their socks up for a change...?!

There are a few stringent issues with the game at the moment but I don't think the recruiting system is one of them.

Well said my friend