The Force Awakens $99 bundle. Worth it?

NmE_insane
7 posts Member
edited December 2015
Hey all,

So I decided to buy the bundle because I love Star Wars, I love the new movie, and because I, surprising really love this game and play a lot. However, I was wondering what others opinions were on the bundle.

So far, I'm not sure if I see it as worth it, because it doesn't feel like the characters you get (Fin & Kylo Ren) are better than the other 3-star/4-star heroes I have. Maybe not 'better' but they feel the same as my other characters. I've already gotten them to level 40 and have their gear level to 4-5. I'm not really 'regretting' my purchase, but if what I said is true, that there's not much of a reason to have bought it based on usefulness, then I guess I do. Just don't want to feel like I get ripped off with generic characters.

Any advice? Thoughts?

Replies

• I bought it and playing with Kylo Ren gives me pleasureXD
    Depends on which characters you have got though
  • Not worth it.
  • I really would love it but I don't have the disposable income atm,
    I'm loving captain phasma and I'm sad I can't get those 50 shards
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think the Kylo shards started being dropped in Cantina 3 days ago? I already have farmed 33 shards including what they give you. Im guessing in 5 days I'll have him unlocked and around a month to 7* him.....for free. So no, not worth it in my opinion. But being you get like 50 bucks worth of crystals I wouldnt fault anyone for buying it if they are new.
    Post edited by WhipiT on
  • I bought it. I enjoy Kylo and unlocked some really good characters with the crystals. So worth it imo.
  • The cost for what you get isnt really all that worth it, I personally would prefer to just drop that money on chroma packs. But if you just really want to have those characters because you just like them then sure why not, its worth it for you.

Although if you have patience as stated above it does not take long to unlock him from cantina, the only problem being you have to be in cantina level 4 which you have to be around lvl 52 to access if i remember correctly.

For a level 52+ player I dont think it is worth it, if you are new and just want some quick cool characters then I would still think that chroma lottery is a better investment. for £80.

Think about it, for the price of the bundle you can open 48 chroma packs. Giving you many more characters, a good chance of getting Fin and Kylo anyway, and more shards to rank characters up. All the characters are easily farmable.
  • Personally considering they are all farmable, especially Phasma whom you could max at 7* with little effort, I'd say they aren't worth it by a clear mile. But completely up to you and if you're happy with it then that's all that matters.
  • Wasn't worth it dude you should had just got $99.99 worth of crystals with that and possibly got kylo ren & fin with many other characters buying chromiums. But hey if your not patient and want it go for it.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    It's simple to answer: how patient are you? If you are patient, you can get pretty much all of that stuff in a couple of weeks. If you aren't and want them now, buy the pack.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • For me, it would be worth it to know I'm getting the characters plus crystals for refills. That's considering my luck tho because I would open $100 worth of packs and end up with 15-20 shards for all the characters I don't want.
  • I side with Queltar. There isn't any fastest way to get Kylo and Phasma to level 7 to compete on Arena on a new team. If you have lors of money, and your priority is being the first to have a competitive First Order team 3 weeks before everyone else, buy the pack. There will be no ROI besides...you are the one that did it first (for good or bad). If that gives you pleasure, the $100 might produce you more excitement than eating in that fancy restaurant. In this scenarios you accelerate their promotion to 7* using Cantina level (Kylo), GW (Phasma) and Cantina Shipments (Poe, if you eant to add him too), and the rest using normal missions or shipments or the rather innefective Chromium lottery. Instead if the lottery, I'd use the Crystals to refresh Cantina twice a day and normal mission 5 times a day to gear up. Some Crystals would go towards $500k and maybe some other for t5 droids if you need more (but the daily Cantina and regular refresh will provide a lot of T-Droids, complemented by GW).

If you don't care about using them and already have a reasonable A team and are now busy maxing chars from same location, just use some shards to get any char like Kylo, or Phasma, the one that will complement you team best. I am a bit sad that Dooku is harder to farm than Kylo, as a level 7* can also accomplish something similar. But the are not exactly the same anyway. Actually I prefer kylo as enemy at 7* than Dooku. Most people think Dooku not a pain, but I have seen maybe not even once a 7* Doku. I think I saw a level 6 in last GW mission, and get could do like 24k dmg in a turn that has Assist, then Double, then his turn (with Double), then triggered hus turn meter, and the attacked out of turn, and then reacted to an AoE. I learnes how to deal with him with Stuns, and very careful hiw to handle him.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This is the thing with mass Chrono buying that gives it a less than desirable outcome. It's very fruitful the first 100 or so dollars. It tends to give you shards that you already have more than it doesn't which isnt a bad thing....in the beginning. Say you unlocked Old Ben in your first 30 bucks. The next 30 bucks more times than not you will get more Old Ben shards at some point. Next 30 bucks you might hit him again or get more shards. But the more you spend the more characters you unlock. At that point a large bulk of the characters you unlock are under performing and in the current state of the game not worth leveling.

Now a large bulk of what you spend ends up being shards of characters you already unlocked. Again mostly shards for characters you will not use. Very rarely do shards of the low drop % characters anymore. You're 500 bucks in the red have every nightsister an ewok 6* and the Royal Guard is a 7* worthless slab....that it still gives you shards for...even tho it's maxed.

But you still want Old Ben and other rare characters so you drop another 500. And you get Old Ben to 7*. Then they release new characters and if they're not smart the cycle repeats itself.

The end.
  • Not a good deal. You wasted $100; well not true - maybe wasted $60 of it.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    It kinda depends on whether you want the crystals or not. If not then it's a definite no. If you do want the crystals then you have to bear in mind all the characters are relatively easy to farm.

I'm already up to 19 crystals on Kylo Ren just after a few days, and not really trying a whole lot either.

In addition you also need to bear in mind recent changes to other characters last week and you need to also consider the risk of the same thing happening...

If you considering the money in the pack as an investment, then a definite NO. If you just want to save time but are prepare to adapt to any changes to those characters, good or very bad then by all means...

Hope that helps...

Heed the old adage
    "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • I'd not after the Barriss thing. People rav of the power of Kylo then they will cry then he will be "balanced" and suddenly be not what you thought you got when you bought. I know I'll not ever invest in another pack since I can't be sure what I buy will not get "balanced" in a couple weeks. If you just want him for a ast fix go for it, if you are thinking long term, go for it, but know the risks.
  • I mainly bought the pack to show my support for the game and hope it will still continue to grow. So I guess that's what makes it worth it for me...
  • I showed mine with over $250 in crystal purchases alone last week, not to mention buying the Droid pack just before the Nerf on Barriss.
  • If its Rey, I'd buy it since she seems to be the one that's much harder to get. But Ren, no thanks.
  • I purchased it. I love it! I am lucky to say that I have pulled the First Order Officer from a x1 Chromium to compliment the bundle. Farmed some Phasma Shards from the GW, and is now 4*, same as with Kylo. From logging in every day, I was awarded the First Order Tie Pilot. Plus with the event hand outs, I scored the First Order Storm Trooper. All 5 together is a great synergy. Have a healer as an ally, and you're set. Great purchase. Plus with the extra Crystals, I scored half the character card roster from x8 packs.

• I find these package deals to be over priced for a app game if they made them $30-50 I can see people buying but $100 nope just can't see it even if you are a star wars fanatic.
  • I feel they are missing an opportunity to have a secondary bundle for much less, with one or two characters. I love this game, but for a casual player, $100 is a lot. I would prefer them to launch packs in "tiers" where you can have more affordable packs for casual, on the go players, and hardcore packs for those looking to invest.
  • Toxziq wrote: »
    I feel they are missing an opportunity to have a secondary bundle for much less, with one or two characters. I love this game, but for a casual player, $100 is a lot. I would prefer them to launch packs in "tiers" where you can have more affordable packs for casual, on the go players, and hardcore packs for those looking to invest.

It seems almost ridiculous they aren't releasing cheaper packs. I'm not a f2p player by any means, but $100 is asinine in my opinion. I bought the Dooku pack and I've spent $20 or so on Chromium for refreshes. I'd be more than happy to buy a decent pack for $20, but EA isn't even giving us that option.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Maybe we'll see a new pack on Thursday. (Thursday seems to be the day most mobile games update.)
    As for the current one, not even tempted. If it had Rey in it, maybe. They really want me to buy it though.. the "limited time" countdown timer has been stuck on 6 days and some number of hours for several days now. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    It's simple to answer: how patient are you? If you are patient, you can get pretty much all of that stuff in a couple of weeks. If you aren't and want them now, buy the pack.

Takes longer than a couple of weeks, but you are correct. All things are available in time.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Not a chance. That is a ridiculous price for something ingame. If nobody bought these packs then EA would have to lower their prices to something reasonable. I paid $5 for the Dooku package because that's reasonable. $100 is not a reasonable price. I respect this company less because they are taking advantage of people who are blinded by the new Star Wars film coming out. If someone wants to pay the money for the pack then go for it but in the long run you're not helping yourself or other players.
This discussion has been closed.