Which one is stronger Luke or Palp?

Prev13456712
Just curious to know what you guys think.

For me, SEEP is way stronger and will bring a lot more power to his team.

Replies

• Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Idk. Luke, himself, seems to be a wall that will make JKL with hermit yoda essentially one shot enemies.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Plus if JML has Jolee on his team.. endless...
  • Eweff wrote: »

Not against EEP though, he stops revives on Jedis.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Ezeziel wrote: »
    Eweff wrote: »

I must’ve missed that. I thought that was only when he did a certain attack
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    Will just have to wait and see.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ezeziel wrote: »

I didn't see that in the kit. Must have missed it.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Ezeziel wrote: »

Or by Rey’s Whirlwind or SLKR’s attacks....
    Feel like OG GL’s kits are better and sounded better. Time will tell.
  • JML's kit seems amazing to me. Plus he gets to use gas and jkl on his team, two of the best characters in the game. I can't wait to see these kits in action and see if one is crealy better or not.
  • Once more the Sith will rule the Galaxy!!’
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    SEE sounds better by a mile.
  • If precedent holds then we’ll have no idea for the first month, then once we do it will change.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    I think Luke will be very hard to beat with the right team, but I can’t help but feel like SLKR is a better unit, given how little it takes for him to dominate content.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Also can’t figure out why SEE’s kit targets rebels.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    when you look at all 4 kits, I get it that one or the other may seem like it can't beat one or another, but this almost seem like we may have the basis for a rock-paper-scissor-spock meta here.

only time will tell
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    Always some weird group of five that can kill GLs too.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Wonder How SLK’s Siphon mastery will work with EEP’s mastery buffs... seems like SLK will Siphon ALOT of mastery by % each time and will grow his even faster...
    Guess we’ll see though...

May well be a hint at the next set of GL’s in 6-8 months. Rebel Leader Leia and Bounty Hunter Jabba.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member

May well be a hint at the next set of GL’s in 6-8 months. Rebel Leader Leia and Bounty Hunter Jabba.

Maybe we’ll get some content between now and then to use our GLs in
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    The more I think about it — JML is a better toon for GAC / TW etc
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Agreed. He’s a complete wall.
  • The best toon is the one that solos HSTR.

There is no benefit you can get from GAC performance that would be better than being guaranteed top10 HSTR rewards.

And if you have more than 10 people in your guild soloing HSTR every time, then that's actually only MORE reason to go with the one that solos HSTR.

Any GL should get you into top 50 Arena. Even if one of the GLs guaranteed #1 and the one that solo'd HSTR guaranteed you would finish outside the top20, that's only a 350 crystal/day advantage. A guaranteed top10 HSTR toon gives you 580 crystals worth of gear per day, when averaged out - and that assumes you can't show up for every raid.

That's a 230 crystal/day advantage for maximizing raids instead of maximizing PvP. You won't make that up in GAC.
  • Papa palps seems better for offense. Jml for defense.

Hopefully papa palps has the dmg to solo hstr as wel.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

Gonna have to see how other jedis such as GMY or Ezra do under JML and if they can take out a SEE.
    Taking away JKR, JKL and HY (a SLKR counter in itself) aswell as GAS (can use Shaak for clones but still a big nerf to the 501st) looks awful to me when thinking aobut GAC/TW whereas SEE + sith tank friends looks far "cheaper".
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

Gonna have to see how other jedis such as GMY or Ezra do under JML and if they can take out a SEE.
    Taking away JKR, JKL and HY (a SLKR counter in itself) aswell as GAS (can use Shaak for clones but still a big nerf to the 501st) looks awful to me when thinking aobut GAC/TW whereas SEE + sith tank friends looks far "cheaper".

You do have to at least give SEE malak considering your options for Sith tanks
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    The best toon is the one that solos HSTR.

There is no benefit you can get from GAC performance that would be better than being guaranteed top10 HSTR rewards.

And if you have more than 10 people in your guild soloing HSTR every time, then that's actually only MORE reason to go with the one that solos HSTR.

Any GL should get you into top 50 Arena. Even if one of the GLs guaranteed #1 and the one that solo'd HSTR guaranteed you would finish outside the top20, that's only a 350 crystal/day advantage. A guaranteed top10 HSTR toon gives you 580 crystals worth of gear per day, when averaged out - and that assumes you can't show up for every raid.

That's a 230 crystal/day advantage for maximizing raids instead of maximizing PvP. You won't make that up in GAC.

Good luck getting all useful gear..

Crystals are the ultimate resource in the game because they can be used for nearly anything you might need.

Beyond that, you've made a lot of assumptions that vary wildly by shard and guild.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

You do have to at least give SEE malak considering your options for Sith tanks

I think if you give papa palps malak, you might as well throw in Darth revan and dark Bastilla. While not tanks, they give you a lot of control with putting fear on the enemy attackers. Even if a GL and jedi Luke are immune, you can keep the other half of the team under control.
  • The best toon is the one that solos HSTR.

Zetas
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator

How are they cheaper?

SEE is going to need some strong sith with him, or else you can use less expensive Jedi to counter him up. I think its fair to require high quality Jedi to beat a SEE team with high quality sith (DR, Malak, BSF, Vader etc)

For arena, there shouldn't be an issue using high quality Jedi, in GAC, I don't think anyone sets an arena team on defense, outside of SLKR + full FO

If you put all your eggs in one basket, opponent can beat you in efficiency where both players can't full clear