Which one is stronger Luke or Palp?

Replies

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    exile038 wrote: »
    The best toon is the one that solos HSTR.

There is no benefit you can get from GAC performance that would be better than being guaranteed top10 HSTR rewards.

And if you have more than 10 people in your guild soloing HSTR every time, then that's actually only MORE reason to go with the one that solos HSTR.

Any GL should get you into top 50 Arena. Even if one of the GLs guaranteed #1 and the one that solo'd HSTR guaranteed you would finish outside the top20, that's only a 350 crystal/day advantage. A guaranteed top10 HSTR toon gives you 580 crystals worth of gear per day, when averaged out - and that assumes you can't show up for every raid.

That's a 230 crystal/day advantage for maximizing raids instead of maximizing PvP. You won't make that up in GAC.

Zetas

What about them
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    So is it safe to assume the event drops tomorrow? Or does CG not communicate with StarWars.com?
  • Options
    GLs are ruining grand arena
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Anarkid wrote: »

What does that mean?
  • Options
    They both seem to cannibalize Revan teams, which is kinda funny. Luke seems better to me overall, but it probably depends on how quickly each can get to their ultimate.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    cournojo wrote: »
    Just curious to know what you guys think.

For me, SEEP is way stronger and will bring a lot more power to his team.
    Depends on the team, but using Rey-jkLuke-Goose-jkRevan-hermit I know how deadly it is and Imagining jmLuke instead of Rey... oh boy.
    I'm not sure Palp gonna live till his ultimate.
    But! Having relic Traya under SEEP might be whole new story
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Eweff wrote: »

What does that mean?

It means someone can't handle working on their own GL, or a counter.
  • Options
    SLKR stil seems to reign supreme in terms of using optimal team everywhere in the game, as he is only GL so far who can work with his own faction (and work with only toons used for unlock).

It is slight bother that JML seems to require a lot of depth in your Jedi roster to use inTW/GAC without killing several other teams...
    SEEP seems to have same problem..
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

What does that mean?

It means someone can't handle working on their own GL, or a counter.

Or it means even if you are able to counter a gl you still cant win. Twice I have been able to counter slkr teams in ga first try for 50+ banners. But I have still lost both times due to the other person being able to be more efficient. You can put slkr on defense with FO so you don't lose anything from your offense. It is extremely difficult to beat someone that has a gl when you don't. Of course you have a gl so you wouldn't know anything about how this works.
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Ezeziel wrote: »
    Wonder How SLK’s Siphon mastery will work with EEP’s mastery buffs... seems like SLK will Siphon ALOT of mastery by % each time and will grow his even faster...
    Guess we’ll see though...

Scratch that, I totally misread your post.

You were talking about how much SLKR will be able to Siphon when facing a SEEP team right?

Then the same applies for JML, he gives 100% Mastery when he gets into his ultimate
  • Options
    Beyond that, you've made a lot of assumptions that vary wildly by shard and guild.

I've detailed my assumptions and my calculations in another thread. I'm confident that they're quite conservative. In fact, I assumed that the person who possessed the GL that could solo HSTR (SLKR only at that time) missed 50% of the raids, and the person who when for GL Rey showed up for every single raid. Still came out as a 580 crystal/day benefit. And to reach that, I assumed only whole pieces mattered and that the random salvage inside the top 10 was roughly equal to the radom salvage outside of it. Of course, someone with SLKR can choose to raid religiously and get a benefit of 1160 crystals/day on average.

Sure, some of that will be pieces that your current toons don't need, but when you reach r5 you'll be wanting those "worthless pieces" to take you to r6 & r7.

As for applying to all guilds?

Certainly not. My original calculation was for a guild where 1/2 of all people had GLs and only 1/2 of them had SLKR. The longer we go on & the more people already have one GL that can solo SLKR, the less that will apply to them. But the general statement still applies: if you're going after a GL and don't currently have anything to solo HSTR, a GL that can solo will benefit you more than a GL that can't.

I plan on having all 4, of course, but after having picked up Rey the first time and then delayed SLKR to pick up JKL, the announcement of the new GLs came before I decided to go hard for SLKR, so I'm now in the position of waiting to find out which of the new toons might solo the sith raid. If neither, then I'll quickly have SLKR and move onto JML from there. If either of the new toons does, I'll probably go for the new GL.

And I'm perfectly happy giving that advice to anyone who does not yet have a GL.
  • Options
    I think Luke is stronger. Tanky and makes the Jedi very strong defensively. Jolee Bindo can be paired with this guy......imagine how hard he will be to kill and he can revive your fallen jedi, which includes GL Luke. Revan can be used in the non-leader role and really focus the damage. GL luke's Ult charges very fast! might be the fastest ult in the game? The only GL counter that i can think of to deal effectively with GL Luke is GL Kylo because he makes people that die to his attacks stay dead, which is going to be key. Kylo also can siphon mastery which is also big because the GL Luke jedi are going to have soooo much mastery that it will just make Kylo stronger. I think Palpatine is strong also, but he needs to go first to get his kit going and that might be harder than you think.
  • Options
    @exile038
    Zetas

I'm fine on zetas.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is where the fun begins.... theory crafting.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Blake085 wrote: »
    Ezeziel wrote: »
    Wonder How SLK’s Siphon mastery will work with EEP’s mastery buffs... seems like SLK will Siphon ALOT of mastery by % each time and will grow his even faster...
    Guess we’ll see though...

Scratch that, I totally misread your post.

You were talking about how much SLKR will be able to Siphon when facing a SEEP team right?

Then the same applies for JML, he gives 100% Mastery when he gets into his ultimate

I think he’s saying SLKR vs SEE. Will SLKR get exponential mastery?
  • Options
    We will be able to counter new galactic legends with gl rey/kylo ?
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, some of that will be pieces that your current toons don't need, but when you reach r5 you'll be wanting those "worthless pieces" to take you to r6 & r7.

A fully crafted tactical data piece says hi.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    XaVii wrote: »

Ask at the next Q & A.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

That is the theory, but it looks more like instead of them all being able to beat each other, each one will have 1 or 2 they can counter.... but only time will tell, they may all be able to beat each other right out of the gate....hard to say without game play.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Ask at the next Q & A.

82gceqnf7yr9.png

• Options
    what about Palps instant kill you move if you are linked with another toon.. i feel like no matter how tanky luke or jkr or anyone is.. that instant kill move will instant kill you. so against palps it seems like a race against the clock OR managing that linked de buff quickly
  • Options
    Palp can't instant kill other GL
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    5's will be able to beat them all
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Twice I have been able to counter slkr teams in ga first try for 50+ banners. But I have still lost both times due to the other person being able to be more efficient.

So your loss had nothing to do with GLs, then?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    I think SEE sounds better... but JML is more interesting.

SLKR still sounds best though
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Options
    Buff Luke!
  • Options
    I think that looking at them in the vacuum of GL vs GL...
    SEE looks like he'll counter JML. His entire kit is anti-jedi. If he CAN'T counter JML, then that kit failed.
    SEE also looks like he'll be able to counter Rey, as his protection siphoning will straight up destroy any jedi on her team, and due to the sheer amount of protection chars on her team have, provide him with an endless stream of protection spam. His uniques will also prevent whirlwind from being able to do anything to targets other than the main target, basically forcing her entire team to focus on one char at a time. Even if he can't kill the team "fast", he can insta-kill them through damage immunity once he ults.
    SEE looks like he'll probably lose to SLKR, or like it'll be similar to mirror matches, where it's largely dependent on exact composition, mods, etc.

JML looks like he'll lose to SEE for the aforementioned reasons.
    JML looks like he'll probably destroy Rey because she won't have the damage output to kill anyone with whirlwind being forced to target JML, exceedingly large amounts of healing, and some ridiculously buffed character stats. This is the one I'm probably least accurate on, despite owning Rey.
    JML looks like he "might" be able to beat SLKR. Arguably better team, similar ridiculous faction synergy, higher speed, a tank that can survive SLKR's initial turns, and JKL automatically being on the team pretty much to counter Kylo with blind, etc.

Rey looks like she's getting completely shafted here, because I don't see her beating anything but Rey mirror matches. She already has extreme difficulty beating SLKR without really weird purpose-built team comps, and doesn't look like she's going to fair much better against either new GL. "maybe" against luke, but Luke would have the speed advantage in basically every relevant match-up, which really hurts her.
    Meanwhile, SLKR looks like he'll fair perfectly fine against the 2 new GLs.

And this is made even more the case when you consider GAC/TW with people that own all 4 GLs, as JML is going to make way better use of the anti-GL Rey team, and Kylo still isn't going to be losing a single character from his main team. Even SEE may not want to run his presumably "optimal" team in something like GAC, due to it destroying your DR and/or triumvirate teams, same with JML and GAS/JKR/etc. - Yet Kylo's still sitting there with his same team, untouched by anything else. Whether or not you're using it on offense or defense, it's still the most solid, always full-power GL team in the game. And it's the only one of the first 2 GLs that still feels like it's 100% going to still be able to completely compete with the new GL teams. Rey just looks like a losing battle against either of them. Kylo doesn't.

I really do think Rey needs some kind of a buff now, unless she miraculously does actually manage to basically hard counter one of the new GLs.

• Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Options
    Artumas wrote: »
    SEE looks like he'll counter JML. His entire kit is anti-jedi. If he CAN'T counter JML, then that kit failed.
    SEE also looks like he'll be able to counter Rey, as his protection siphoning will straight up destroy any jedi on her team, and due to the sheer amount of protection chars on her team have, provide him with an endless stream of protection spam. His uniques will also prevent whirlwind from being able to do anything to targets other than the main target, basically forcing her entire team to focus on one char at a time. Even if he can't kill the team "fast", he can insta-kill them through damage immunity once he ults.
    SEE looks like he'll probably lose to SLKR, or like it'll be similar to mirror matches, where it's largely dependent on exact composition, mods, etc.

JML looks like he'll probably destroy Rey because she won't have the damage output to kill anyone with whirlwind being forced to target JML, exceedingly large amounts of healing, and some ridiculously buffed character stats. This is the one I'm probably least accurate on, despite owning Rey.
    JML looks like he "might" be able to beat SLKR. Arguably better team, similar ridiculous faction synergy, higher speed, a tank that can survive SLKR's initial turns, and JKL automatically being on the team pretty much to counter Kylo with blind, etc.

Rey looks like she's getting completely shafted here, because I don't see her beating anything but Rey mirror matches. She already has extreme difficulty beating SLKR without really weird purpose-built team comps, and doesn't look like she's going to fair much better against either new GL. "maybe" against luke, but Luke would have the speed advantage in basically every relevant match-up, which really hurts her.

And this is made even more the case when you consider GAC/TW with people that own all 4 GLs, as JML is going to make way better use of the anti-GL Rey team, and Kylo still isn't going to be losing a single character from his main team. Even SEE may not want to run his presumably "optimal" team in something like GAC, due to it destroying your DR and/or triumvirate teams, same with JML and GAS/JKR/etc. - Yet Kylo's still sitting there with his same team, untouched by anything else. Whether or not you're using it on offense or defense, it's still the most solid, always full-power GL team in the game. And it's the only one of the first 2 GLs that still feels like it's 100% going to still be able to completely compete with the new GL teams. Rey just looks like a losing battle against either of them. Kylo doesn't.

I really do think Rey needs some kind of a buff now, unless she miraculously does actually manage to basically hard counter one of the new GLs.

No.
  • Options
    Artumas wrote: »

No.

Yeppers