BTL-B Y-wing and counterattacks

Scuttlebutt
1190 posts Member
edited October 2020
Anyone else notice the counterattack chance for GR ships after the Y-wing dies is happening far more than 30% of the time?

I’ve had a feeling this was happening for a few weeks, so I started recording the number of counterattacks vs the total number of attacks on enemy ships. Here’s my last 4 battles:

Battle 1: 4 counterattacks out of 5 attacks
Battle 2: 3 counterattacks out of 3 attacks
Battle 3: 5 counterattacks out of 6 attacks
Battle 4: 2 counterattacks out of 3 attacks

I’m only counting attacks on GR ships after the y-wing has died and only when it’s possible to counterattack (not stunned, my ship doesn’t have stealth, etc). I’m also not counting attacks when the enemy ship has retribution.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    While outside factors do matter, I think those might throw the numbers off. In theory, daze, stunned, stealth on attacker, and other factors shouldnt have any effect on the counter chance,but they would have an effect on your ability to accurately record data.

The probability doesnt care if you can counter, it would still say "counter" and the other factor would be stopping it from happening.
  • I think you just had a lot of luck

My fleet almost never counters, pretty certain that's the 30% lol
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    I think you just had a lot of luck

My fleet almost never counters, pretty certain that's the 30% lol

I’m playing malevolence against negotiator, so it’s not exactly luck that it happens almost every attack. As I said, I only just started recording it, but I had a feeling for a few weeks that counters were happening about 2/3 or 3/4 of the time. I never paid much attention though because by the time you kill y-wing, you’ve basically won or lost the match anyway. And with malevolence, the extra counters have played in my favor by killing vulture droids.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Ever gone 0/17 on sims?

Your sample size is too small.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »
    While outside factors do matter, I think those might throw the numbers off. In theory, daze, stunned, stealth on attacker, and other factors shouldnt have any effect on the counter chance,but they would have an effect on your ability to accurately record data.

The probability doesnt care if you can counter, it would still say "counter" and the other factor would be stopping it from happening.

For your first paragraph, you’re correct to some extent. I just played a match against Nest. While stunned, I did see the Counterattack message pop up although she couldn’t actually counter. I don’t know, however, if it would also work against stealth.

I’ll slow down game speeds for future recordings to try to capture the stunned counters.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

For your first paragraph, you’re correct to some extent. I just played a match against Nest. While stunned, I did see the Counterattack message pop up although she couldn’t actually counter. I don’t know, however, if it would also work against stealth.

I’ll slow down game speeds for future recordings to try to capture the stunned counters.

And honestly it doesnt effect the end result, it just means you will need a larger sample size to get to the final result.

You are just removing samples, much like ignoring certain flips of a coin, in the end you still can get to 50/50, it just takes longer.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member

They do have an effect.
    For example daze sets counter attack rating to -99990%
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

They do have an effect.
    For example daze sets counter attack rating to -99990%

Thanks, that would definitely effect that. I was thinking it would just cancel the action after the decision was made.