Is GML team calling him with Inherited Teachings intended with AI?

Prev13
On defense the team constantly calls him for assists with IT and it severely hampers his ult charging. When you put GML on defense, it's the equivalent of him not having an ult even because it will never go off in battle. Is this intended or is this a bug with the AI? I looked in big reports and didn't see anything.

Replies

• Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    If it’s WAI I’ll just save my ultimate mats
  • crzydroid
    7282 posts Moderator
    How does it not charge his Ult? It says when a Jedi ally gains Jedi Lessons, not other Jedi ally. They also gain it themselves when they use it. So it should be charging it whenever it is used.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »
    How does it not charge his Ult? It says when a Jedi ally gains Jedi Lessons, not other Jedi ally. They also gain it themselves when they use it. So it should be charging it whenever it is used.

He has the legacy buff, which prevents him from getting the Lessons buff.

Since its preventable by shock and BI, it basically stalls him out on ultimate charge
  • crzydroid
    7282 posts Moderator
    Ah, didn't realize he started with Legacy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Canadafett any videos or others you can share, only seeing to out there right now that anyone references about JML.

Trying to get some good examples of this to show.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Canadafett any videos or others you can share, only seeing to out there right now that anyone references about JML.

Have the devs not unlocked JML yet to test?
  • Eweff wrote: »

I highly doubt it
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Eweff wrote: »

I highly doubt it

Understandable. It is a bit of a grind.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited October 2020

I highly doubt it

But they probably have their "rigged" account where they have every character relic 7 with god tier mods.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

No they just replied saying they are not seeing this behavior internally, so I figured why not ask the source for more feedback.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I highly doubt it

But they probably have their "rigged" account where they have every character relic 7 with god tier mods.

When the developers hack an account it's called a "test account". C'mon man.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t19ArBoofvw&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Vego

Here is the DR one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwuIMI91beM&ab_channel=Vego

Here is the JKR one

And the person VEGO, who made this videos said it was actually easier vs the Recommended comp of GAS, JML, JKL, Hyoda and JKR, this Bariss team he said was actually the hardest to get through but all examples had no Uses of JML using his ult except for one that went to 4:30 and he misplayed.

• Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    other issue is that JML tries to use Inherited Teachings on toons that cannot assist so he wastes a turn

https://youtu.be/56z2i7lI98o?t=67

At the 1:06 mark, JKL stuns GAS, JML goes and calls GAS to assist who is stunned and essentially wastes a turn
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Canadafett wrote: »

And the person VEGO, who made this videos said it was actually easier vs the Recommended comp of GAS, JML, JKL, Hyoda and JKR, this Bariss team he said was actually the hardest to get through but all examples had no Uses of JML using his ult except for one that went to 4:30 and he misplayed.

Wow - that's disheartening. Out for one day and already there are multiple counters that many players already have. Any chance JML is better under Revan lead? Or JKLS lead? Good gravy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Wow - that's disheartening. Out for one day and already there are multiple counters that many players already have. Any chance JML is better under Revan lead? Or JKLS lead? Good gravy.

I doubt it, he loses so much not being lead, his taunt and any ability to use IT, so just one more reason not to Ult him

• BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    At least the devs don't act like they did thousands of hours of testing anymore.
    Good to see them finally approve of the we haven't tested anything narrative so no idea how any of this will work approach.
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

JKLS lead is what i'll try in GAC i don't think you can beat that lineup without a GL
  • Devian
    669 posts Member

Due to Covid, their salary is too low to unlock p2p character this soon
  • StarSon
    7421 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Can we get a public comment on this “we’re looking into it” maybe??

Unlikely.
  • Man as someone that is like 75% of the way to starting to unlock jml this is concerning. It seems his kit might be to complex for the AI to run perfectly.
  • StarSon
    7421 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Man as someone that is like 75% of the way to starting to unlock jml this is concerning. It seems his kit might be to complex for the AI to run perfectly.

Well let's be honest: it only affects his utility on defense. So, maybe just don't put him on defense.
  • Canadafett wrote: »

Vego isn't a person. Vego is an ideal that we all strive to reach....

He also tells me that my characters are to slow on an almost daily basis.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Man as someone that is like 75% of the way to starting to unlock jml this is concerning. It seems his kit might be to complex for the AI to run perfectly.

Run it perfectly? Two things:

1) If the AI ran it even partly intelligently, he'd be fine.

2) SLKR's AI was tweaked because it didn't run "perfectly".

Either the issue is with his AI or his kit - regardless, CG needs to fix this or people are just not going to waste resources on GLs if they can be beaten with several much lower cost teams consistently.

• StarSon wrote: »

Well let's be honest: it only affects his utility on defense. So, maybe just don't put him on defense.

I wanted him because I thought he was going to be this amazing defensive team to help me in gac. I am so sick of always losing in gac.
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020

Not really. Just don’t target JML for IT if there is another Jedi available and don’t target Dazed or Stunned Jedi for IT

The latter having the highest priority
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Well let's be honest - CG should look up what "preeminent" in his kit description means then. (It means "surpassing all others"). If he is easily countered by DR, Revan, etc. that's hardly "preeminent". JKR teams do better with JLSK in them.

• BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    It seems the new GL are on par with previous metas from 2018
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Canadafett any videos or others you can share, only seeing to out there right now that anyone references about JML.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t19ArBoofvw&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Vego

Here is the DR one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwuIMI91beM&ab_channel=Vego

Here is the JKR one

Yes those are the 2 current videos floating around, but they dont clearly show it only targeting JML.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    At least the devs don't act like they did thousands of hours of testing anymore.
    Good to see them finally approve of the we haven't tested anything narrative so no idea how any of this will work approach.

Please show a quote saying thounsands of hours. I will wait.

Also, there was testing, and as they just said they went back to test more after hearing this and do not see it, as described.