Is GML team calling him with Inherited Teachings intended with AI?

13Next

Replies

• Shaddess wrote: »
    Palpatine can solo full 501st squads, and Ult Luke can’t take a standard DR squad. That makes perfect sense.

We also have to remember whether they are run on offense or defense because one GLs could be a good defensive squad and the other could be a good offensive squad.

Maybe DR is JML's counter and we still haven't figured out grampa Palps counter yet.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    After watching a lot of these video's looks like one of the main things is it is to easy to prevent Blue Milk Luke (BML) from getting charged.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    I don't even understand how you can come up with such a stupid idea to base the ultimate charging on actively using abilities for that. All other GL's have a passive ult charge (Rey by chars taking turns, SEE by deceived/linked enemies taking turns and SLKR by dark side allies dealing damage) so they can still use all their main abilities while building up their ultimate.
    Maybe cleansing both chars before they both gain Jedi Lessons (so buff immunity and shock don't stop it but they can still be cleansed afterwards - unpreventable and undispellable would be too OP I guess) aswell as giving the jedis a bonus turn when they use Inherited Teachings (CD increased to 3?) and making the AI to prioritize using it could make things better idk.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Here is another video, I am more convinced that the AI isn't calling JML, they just aren't ever using the ability and are using their specials first, and it seems they will use it as 2nd special or over their basic. So you're ult never charges. As someone else pointed it, seems insane to have it built into other toons using it for AI seems will never get charged on offense and I'm seeing videos on offense that to charge it fast enough, you have to use it over specials that make more sense to use for Jedi.

You thought 3-4 metas ago beating him was bad? Here is Old Palp beating him too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVmhT0Mqsqk&ab_channel=dc07

Doesn't matter this one doesn't have ult, AI would never get to it anyway.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Canadafett wrote: »
    Here is another video, I am more convinced that the AI isn't calling JML, they just aren't ever using the ability and are using their specials first, and it seems they will use it as 2nd special or over their basic. So you're ult never charges. As someone else pointed it, seems insane to have it built into other toons using it for AI seems will never get charged on offense and I'm seeing videos on offense that to charge it fast enough, you have to use it over specials that make more sense to use for Jedi.

Right. I did notice that the AI prefers Jedi use their own specials over IT and thinking about it, it does make sense to go for specials over IT since the specials that the Jedi have are so much better than IT itself

JKR should open up with mark over IT imo

GAS on the other hand can spam specials if he starts with IT

JKL doing his special 1 is better than IT but IT is better than Stun Special

etc

IT isn't even that good of an ability and that every Jedi has a special ability that is better than IT itself unless its Bariss or Jolee
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    Clearly you need to run Wat on the GML team.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Actually heard people doing this and it's better than Hyoda because you don't get your ultimate anyways on D.

I'm convinced now after 2 GLs that they are making them harder to get and underperforming because some people will go the TB route which you need better LS units.
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    Canadafett wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Actually heard people doing this and it's better than Hyoda because you don't get your ultimate anyways on D.

I'm convinced now after 2 GLs that they are making them harder to get and underperforming because some people will go the TB route which you need better LS units.

Yeah, I was only half joking...clearly there's some benefit to all Jedi, but sometimes the team doesn't always end up being what people think. I think the not using the ability that actually charges the ultimate is a huge problem. But otherwise, it's always taken people a little while to hit on the actual best team comp for the new characters.

That said, there's the issue of older teams beating it. Given the history of the game's power creep and single-meta dominance, a team with this much investment being beaten by those old teams is reprehensible. Though ironically, since they do beat SKLR on offense, it's a step towards that rock-paper-scissors balance people always say they want. But he better be a rockstar in TB and maybe even HSTR to make that balance worth the investment. There's still the hope that people will find the right team comp, and a buff to new characters right after release isn't unheard of. They should at least fix the AI.

Of course, they could be pulling a Malak and have General Leia right around the corner, which the team needs to work on D.