Dark Side needs a JKL Equivalent

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited October 2020
Basing off of current testing and lineups,

Luke is currently looking to be the better GL because his surrounding characters are just much better (kit wise, function wise and synergy wise.)

JKL & GAS are basically the top 2 characters in the game (not factoring in GL). With Revan ranking up high too.

All of them are Jedi which synergies with Luke as well. His ultimate is basically just the cherry on top.

SEE’s kit is far more superior but the teams he synergies with aren’t much compared to Luke’s. Resulting in a poorer performance.

Even regardless of SEE vs JML, we generally get an opposing team to face off against the initial one.

I’m hoping with the theory crafting, SEE becomes much more successful. As it’s rough ATM for him 😅

Given, this is prior to viewing any SEE vs JML footage. If SEE is a solid counter team to JML, then we did it. We got another Rock, Paper, Scissors Meta again.

I just don’t have much optimism going forward tbh.
Post edited by SemiGod on

Replies

• Options
    Vader says hi.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Vader says hi.

I don’t know, Vader isn’t really comparable with JKL. SEE still is struggling against SLKR using Vader while JML claps kylo.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Vader says hi.

I don’t know, Vader isn’t really comparable with JKL. SEE still is struggling against SLKR using Vader while JML claps kylo.

Vader is Luke's father. It would be perfect if JKL and Vader were in game opposites which they are.
  • crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    From the videos I've seen, SEE doesn't even need a team. He can solo GAS and 501st. Meanwhile, GML with ultimate can apparently be ripped to shreds with either Revan team.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    It would definitely help. Sith have no JKL- or even GAS-tier guys (well, lore-wise Darth Sidious, but he's terrible). Malak is pretty strong but sometimes has drain issues and doesn't benefit from the prot up and prot regen support that SEE and various other Sith provide. There's no Sith Hermit Yoda. It doesn't seem like SEE has any crippling offense like that possessed by SLKR and it's not clear if he reaches ultimate if that's what he's really counting on.

DR/Bast are nice, and there are some non-Sith DS support that would lack synergy, but it's hard to find spots for these people, especially when SLKR basically murder stuns someone instantly.
    crzydroid wrote: »
    From the videos I've seen, SEE doesn't even need a team. He can solo GAS and 501st. Meanwhile, GML with ultimate can apparently be ripped to shreds with either Revan team.
    Re GAS: 2019 called, etc etc. (sorry for the rudeness, but i think that expresses the point best) GAS isn't meta and the multiple SLKR buffs for permataunt and permadvantage made sure of that. Malak can also solo many padme squads and Nest can solo Ewoks.

Re GML:
    To be fair, JKR was always OP, and there's a difference between a GL struggling on offense and a GL with apparently very poor AI (special GML ability AI can be improved) being beaten on defense by an almost-meta jedi titan power squad.
    Post edited by dgree on
  • Options
    Vader says hi.

Vader is Luke's father. It would be perfect if JKL and Vader were in game opposites which they are.

Spoiler alert!!
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Basing off of current testing and lineups,

You can stop right there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH