Lucky Shot

Prev1
I was fiddling around trying to find a squad that was weak enough to get 30 crits in T1 but strong enough to not die. My weakest Jedi got something like 20, then my six weakest other characters got something like 12. The feat unlocked.

I have to go to work and won't be able to test this more until tomorrow morning, Can other folks poke around and see if the crits carry over between attempts? It's totally possible I miscounted, but I can't believe Greef, Mandolorian, Embo, Gamorran Guard, and Cara Dune got 30 in one go... I don't think I even took 30 actions with them.
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Each attempt should be independent, so I would lean towards you miscounted.
  • I think it may (probably unintentionally) I missed it with geos in t3, decided to go for short handed Jedi feat and my first move was Gas double tap plus ahsoka assist on Palpatine - that won the battle and unlocked both the undersized squad and lucky shot feats.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I was fiddling around trying to find a squad that was weak enough to get 30 crits in T1 but strong enough to not die. My weakest Jedi got something like 20, then my six weakest other characters got something like 12. The feat unlocked.

I have to go to work and won't be able to test this more until tomorrow morning, Can other folks poke around and see if the crits carry over between attempts? It's totally possible I miscounted, but I can't believe Greef, Mandolorian, Embo, Gamorran Guard, and Cara Dune got 30 in one go... I don't think I even took 30 actions with them.

Rebel fighters are quite ok with the task
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    I think I did Nebit lead with Jawa, Dathcha, Hermit Yoda, and K2. Just don't taunt with Nebit for t1.

But I feel like I also must have either undercounted on some of the tiers, or the game over counted, because I felt like I was only in the 20s on some of them and got it.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    multi assist teams/chars:
    - MoM
    - Geos
    - ROLO + bonus turn chars
    - Leia/Ezra/...
    - etc.
    Geos are working perfect for their spread of ability block.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • yankeeh8er
    604 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    The crits carry over. I did t1 but autoing it 20 times with my arena squad. Go in target Vader and hit auto.
  • Yeah pretty sure they carry over, which probably is a bug. I got it with Mando lead, who needs 20 crits to trigger the contract and I didn't even trigger it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Yes it seem they do roll over. Asking if this is intentional
  • Kyno wrote: »

You should stop and wait to see if there are other people reporting this before telling someone that he/she doesn't know how to count.

I tried Geos 3 times in Tier 1 (was the most difficult for me, they die so fast haha), each attempt I removed a Geo but didn't get it, then used MM and got like 15 crits before I ended the battle.

Went again with an undersized squad, used MM summon ability, while targeting Palps, and my RFs assisted on him killing him with only 4 critical hits, so I won AND got the Lucky Shot feat, so yeah, the crit shots are cumulative.

I know the wording of the feat makes it for each attempt, but it's not working like that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Blake085 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

You should stop and wait to see if there are other people reporting this before telling someone that he/she doesn't know how to count.

I tried Geos 3 times in Tier 1 (was the most difficult for me, they die so fast haha), each attempt I removed a Geo but didn't get it, then used MM and got like 15 crits before I ended the battle.

Went again with an undersized squad, used MM summon ability, while targeting Palps, and my RFs assisted on him killing him with only 4 critical hits, so I won AND got the Lucky Shot feat, so yeah, the crit shots are cumulative.

I know the wording of the feat makes it for each attempt, but it's not working like that.

They said they may have miscounted. I didnt tell them anything, I was leaning towards agreeing with what they already said.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The rolling over of the count has been flagged as a bug.
  • Blake085 wrote: »

It’s fine—I said that I may have miscounted, for one. For two, Kyno didn’t say I miscounted, he just said that it’s more a more likely outcome.
    The rolling over of the count has been flagged as a bug.

Thank you, I will take my payment in one G12 kicker, plz 😁
  • Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I used old republic. Carth, canderous, and juhani all have aoes that don't do a ton of damage, easy crits.
    Work on each of the sith before killing one as they gain health after you kill one
  • I gor it first try on tier 5 with CLS, and i know they didn't get 30 crits, it was only my 4th characters turn....
    Anu idea about that?
  • Please don't fix this. We should not be punished for having good characters. This game is supposed to be about making our characters stronger. We should never be required to leave characters weak so we can complete something.
  • Fredy5
    326 posts Member
    For T1, I used my G10 Ewoks... It passed easily
  • DathEliza wrote: »
    Please don't fix this. We should not be punished for having good characters. This game is supposed to be about making our characters stronger. We should never be required to leave characters weak so we can complete something.

With the exception of the g12 tier are you really missing out if you can't do the other few?
  • Wat hermit Yoda 3po and bb8 all good at r7 they still won't kill the enemy, no one is punished for having good characters. People are punished for not knowing how to use characters.
  • Yeah they should either leave this or make it like 5 crits on the early phases. I have no issues with 30 on the later phases. It was easy enough to get. But when your jedi oneshot the enemies, it's pretty hard to crit 30 times before they die.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Yeah they should either leave this or make it like 5 crits on the early phases. I have no issues with 30 on the later phases. It was easy enough to get. But when your jedi oneshot the enemies, it's pretty hard to crit 30 times before they die.

Doesn’t have to be Jedi to get the feat.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »

Doesn’t have to be Jedi to get the feat.

I used Ewoks for the early crit feat, but that was before I knew that crits carried over.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Also, If every character on your roster 1 shots the enemy u don't need the rewards.
  • Also, If every character on your roster 1 shots the enemy u don't need the rewards.

Slicing mats say hi.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

Hmmm relic materials are still a thing right?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Also, If every character on your roster 1 shots the enemy u don't need the rewards.

Slicing mats say hi.

I dont see anyone one shotting tier 4-7
  • Yeah they should either leave this or make it like 5 crits on the early phases. I have no issues with 30 on the later phases. It was easy enough to get. But when your jedi oneshot the enemies, it's pretty hard to crit 30 times before they die.

You don't have to use your best characters for this. I used four jedi that were 7*, g7 or g8 (Jedi Knight Guardian, Eeth Koth, Ima Gun Di, and I forget the other two) and nearly got the necessary crits in one go. The second time, since you don't need jedi for the feat (I used them to get the full team feat and wanted to try the crit feat), I used my five weakest characters.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Yeah they should either leave this or make it like 5 crits on the early phases. I have no issues with 30 on the later phases. It was easy enough to get. But when your jedi oneshot the enemies, it's pretty hard to crit 30 times before they die.

You don't have to use your best characters for this. I used four jedi that were 7*, g7 or g8 (Jedi Knight Guardian, Eeth Koth, Ima Gun Di, and I forget the other two) and nearly got the necessary crits in one go. The second time, since you don't need jedi for the feat (I used them to get the full team feat and wanted to try the crit feat), I used my five weakest characters.

I beat it with the crits carrying over. Tbh if they didn't, I would have likely passed since most of my characters are at least g8 or g8 or lvl 1 g1 with no mods.

At g8 they will still kill the enemies well before 30 crits on the first phase and at g1, they do nothing. And the reward being green gear at tier one, isn't worth the effort of trying to find the sweet spot by selectively gearing or to move any crit chance mods to crappy characters to make them crit more.

At tier 5 they have stun gun salvage so it's worth it but by then the enemy is tanky enough that it isn't too hard anyway.

I just get tired of early feats that require you to lose or drag out a battle because the enemies are too squishy.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    multi assist teams/chars:
    - MoM
    - Geos
    - ROLO + bonus turn chars
    - Leia/Ezra/...
    - etc.
    Geos are working perfect for their spread of ability block.

I used OR Carth lead. Took out Palp last. It worked out well.

• I just get tired of early feats that require you to lose or drag out a battle because the enemies are too squishy.
    Bear in mind that this was the intention with GCs. They wanted us to have a puzzle to solve to earn some of the rewards. Otherwise we’d just send in our best and hit auto.