Lucky Shot

2Next

Replies

• I was able to use Geos and got the achievement.
  • I just did teir 4 to get the 3 fully crafted MK5 droid callers.

Yeah, I was just about to point this out! It must be another bug since all other phases just give 3 salvage. But, uhhhhhh........................... I'll take that bug all day every day!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    I think I did Nebit lead with Jawa, Dathcha, Hermit Yoda, and K2. Just don't taunt with Nebit for t1.

But I feel like I also must have either undercounted on some of the tiers, or the game over counted, because I felt like I was only in the 20s on some of them and got it.

Did somebody say "Jawa?"

• I just get tired of early feats that require you to lose or drag out a battle because the enemies are too squishy.
    Bear in mind that this was the intention with GCs. They wanted us to have a puzzle to solve to earn some of the rewards. Otherwise we’d just send in our best and hit auto.

Then they need better rewards than a few pieces of green gear. Who is going to spend time moving mods or gearing up lvl 1 characters to just the right level for a few pieces of green gear?

Put a fully crafted stun gun in there and it may be worth the time to try and beat it with a g5 team. And it's not like newer players couldn't use the stun gun too.

• I just get tired of early feats that require you to lose or drag out a battle because the enemies are too squishy.
    Bear in mind that this was the intention with GCs. They wanted us to have a puzzle to solve to earn some of the rewards. Otherwise we’d just send in our best and hit auto.

Then they need better rewards than a few pieces of green gear. Who is going to spend time moving mods or gearing up lvl 1 characters to just the right level for a few pieces of green gear?

Put a fully crafted stun gun in there and it may be worth the time to try and beat it with a g5 team. And it's not like newer players couldn't use the stun gun too.

Alternatively, it's there to reward player sho already did all that.............

Not everyone min-maxes their rosters so fetishisticly.
  • Also, the intended way you do this with a slightly stronger than intended roster is to deal AoE damage until each enemy is low, then kill one to heal every enemy, then AoE again. Kit Fisto is good here because his AoE is weak and while he's going to counterattack sometimes he probably won't kill anyone.

But, as others have mentioned, you don't need to use jedi. Just make sure you have a high health leader, because New Nasty Vader can give you a surprise game over.
  • Droid seps are the quickest way to get your 30 crits at level 4 and up.i used geos on.lower levels for my crits
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    The rolling over of the count has been flagged as a bug.

After paper zombie, I thought they were opposed to things in game that discouraged gearing up characters. Yet here they are discouraging gearing up characters if you are a completionist/care about the gear for this feat. Tell them they need to leave it as is.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »

After paper zombie, I thought they were opposed to things in game that discouraged gearing up characters. Yet here they are discouraging gearing up characters if you are a completionist/care about the gear for this feat. Tell them they need to leave it as is.

If you intentionally don’t gear toons for some small rewards in one gc, well, good luck with the rest of the game
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I think I did Nebit lead with Jawa, Dathcha, Hermit Yoda, and K2. Just don't taunt with Nebit for t1.

But I feel like I also must have either undercounted on some of the tiers, or the game over counted, because I felt like I was only in the 20s on some of them and got it.

Did somebody say "Jawa?"

Nope. No one ever says "Jawa."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yes, this point has been brought up. But the counter point is also present (not by the dev team, just by normal reasoning of players), that if you can't achieve this feat due to being too developed (across your whole roster), chances are you do not need the rewards. Not that that is a reason feats should be like this, but it's worth noting that fact.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Yes, this point has been brought up. But the counter point is also present (not by the dev team, just by normal reasoning of players), that if you can't achieve this feat due to being too developed (across your whole roster), chances are you do not need the rewards. Not that that is a reason feats should be like this, but it's worth noting that fact.

I don't think CG wants to start denying rewards to the players that whales too hard to have a weak enough team to do a feat.

It just doesn't do much to encourage future spending (Whether or not the person needs the crap gear isn't really relevant. Maybe they spend to be able to beat everything for ego.)
  • Kyno wrote: »

that's true except relic materials are now a thing and we need those lower gear pieces to get more of it.
  • flux_rono wrote: »

that's true except relic materials are now a thing and we need those lower gear pieces to get more of it.

Basically devs stance is whales who have no characters under relic 7 to complete the feat can just do what they did to get to where they are now to get more low end gears.

A real Kracken isn't wasting time doing a feat for 3 salvage when he can buy 300 salvage in a pack.
  • flux_rono wrote: »

Ehhh..... The T1-T3 rewards are basically worth a couple bronzium packs. I don't think this is a particularly effective line of reasoning.

The difference is that paper zombies were used at high levels of content. A sufficiently bad zombie was better than a good zombie in arena. The difference here is that you are keeping a team (or maybe more than one) deliberately low so that they can **** low level content for you.

Put another way, if you were doing hard nodes, right? If you're doing hard nodes on board 9, you were better off with a paper zombie than one with gear on it. If you extend that same logic to a **** team, you're not using that team on board 9.

I'm going to be honest, I'm about 30 seconds away from taking an hour long nap so I may not be making myself clear, sorry. But, suffice to say, there are key differences.
  • Blake085 wrote: »
    Each attempt should be independent, so I would lean towards you miscounted.

You should stop and wait to see if there are other people reporting this before telling someone that he/she doesn't know how to count.

I tried Geos 3 times in Tier 1 (was the most difficult for me, they die so fast haha), each attempt I removed a Geo but didn't get it, then used MM and got like 15 crits before I ended the battle.

Went again with an undersized squad, used MM summon ability, while targeting Palps, and my RFs assisted on him killing him with only 4 critical hits, so I won AND got the Lucky Shot feat, so yeah, the crit shots are cumulative.

I know the wording of the feat makes it for each attempt, but it's not working like that.
    And you should actually read the original post before commenting on someone’s response to it. The original poster literally said they might have miscounted and someone responded that they are “leaning towards” miscounting being the issue. This nothing like “telling a person he/she can’t count.” You either didn’t read it, or reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. Do everyone a favor and next time you feel like injecting negative assertions into a positive post, at least know what you’re talking about.